TX TX - Houston, BlkFem 25-35, 552UFTX, tattoos - Pierced Heart & poss IVY, IVV or IW//, Jun'05

We've submitted Wanda Dawson-Rogers-Campbell as a possible match. Missing April 2003. Black 31 year old with NamUs picture showing what appears to be braids. She has a heart tattoo on back of hand and the letters TT on inside of left forearm.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2436/2/

I got this email today from Sharon, and I can't tell you how happy it made me. It is so nice that she has so much confidence in all of us, and I truly feel special to be able to share this with all of you. She has seen all of our hard work on smurfettes case that now she wants us to work this one!!!

Alyssa,
I am reaching out to you on one of our identification cases that I would sure like to solve. Maybe you and your colleagues can come up with some comparisons on her. There are some associations in NamUs but I have such a limited amount of time to look for these cases that I haven’t followed through to see if they are even worthwhile. This young woman is believed to be 25-35 years old at death in 2005. I can’t believe that nobody has been looking for her after all these years. Take a look and see what you think.
Thanks,
Sharon

We've submitted Wanda Dawson-Rogers-Campbell as a possible match. Missing April 2003. Black 31 year old with NamUs picture showing what appears to be braids. She has a heart tattoo on back of hand and the letters TT on inside of left forearm.

We talked about her, she remembers your submission it's in her notes. She contacted Maryland LE never got a call back.

Apologies if I have not titled this thread correctly.

Black female found in Texas on 30th June 2005. Scar on abdomen, 2 inch braids in hair and tattoos on left hand and wrist - one pierced heart and one illegible.

She was 25-35 years old and about 64 inches tall.

Estimated postmortem interval - 1 week.

https://identifyus.org/cases/3198

Thank you sooooo much Shadowdancer, you're amazing! ;)

I got this email today from Sharon, and I can't tell you how happy it made me. It is so nice that she has so much confidence in all of us, and I truly feel special to be able to share this with all of you. She has seen all of our hard work on smurfettes case that now she wants us to work this one!!!

Alyssa,
I am reaching out to you on one of our identification cases that I would sure like to solve. Maybe you and your colleagues can come up with some comparisons on her. There are some associations in NamUs but I have such a limited amount of time to look for these cases that I haven’t followed through to see if they are even worthwhile. This young woman is believed to be 25-35 years old at death in 2005. I can’t believe that nobody has been looking for her after all these years. Take a look and see what you think.
Thanks,
Sharon

That is such a lovely email! Dr Derrick is really terrific, isn't she?! :)

I hope that Dr Derrick is able to make more progress with Maryland PD, because Wanda looks a great match! The hand/wrist tattoos are the real clinchers!

I will start some more Namus searches though, to see if I can find any other PMs.

Remember since this is an adult chances are if she didn't live near family it's possible they don't know of her tattoos. Also I asked about the hair. It was in braids, 2" in length and natural.

I also asked about the scar on the abdomen as well, the pathologist did not speculate about its origin. But she described it to me as near the pubic region and about 5.5" in length and well healed. Sounds like a C-Section scar to me.

Okay. This is Lila Martin.

Missing since: April 13th 2004
Race: Black/African American
Height: 63 inches

Addicted to crack cocaine and has a hysterectomy scar on her lower abdomen.

However, she would have been older than the age estimate at 43 (at the time of the UID's death) and no tattoos listed.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/277/9/

Okay. This is Lila Martin.

Missing since: April 13th 2004
Race: Black/African American
Height: 63 inches

Addicted to crack cocaine and has a hysterectomy scar on her lower abdomen.

However, she would have been older than the age estimate at 43 (at the time of the UID's death) and no tattoos listed.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/277/9/

Her dentals are available!

Her dentals are available!

We can probably rule her out then!

My only concern would be that if Lila was this UID, she would have been likely living a transient lifestyle, with drug addiction prior to her death. This might have caused her to lose a few teeth.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/291/9/

Another with no DNA but dentals available!

I told her we would have a list for her in the morning ;)

I just realized that it doesn't state she had a scar on her abdomen, it doesn't mean she didn't get the scar after going missing, but as Dr. Derrick stated it was well healed

Here's the DoeNet casefile for this Jane Doe.

The Doe Network:
Case File 552UFTX
http://doenetwork.org/cases/552uftx.html

552UFTX.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified Black Female

The victim was discovered on June 30, 2005 in Houston, Harris County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1 - 2 weeks prior to discovery
Manner of Death: Homicide
Moderately Decomposed

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-55 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 64"; 5'4". 69 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown or black hair in 2" braids; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Tattoo on left wrist of a heart; tattoo on left hand of the initials "possibly “ IVY” or “IVV”; horizontal scar in the suprapubic region.
Clothing: White bra.
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Available several dental fillings
DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located at a vacant Goodyear store (now St. Mena's Tire and Auto Center) at 107 B Milby Avenue when the new owners of the property were cleaning the building in Houston, Texas on June 30, 2005.
The body was found inside a 55-gallon barrel of used oil and filters. The building had been vacant for about two years after it had caught fire in 2002. Homeless people were known to routinely frequent the location.

552UFTX1.jpg

tattoo
Tattoos on left wrist and hand

The height, age, race, hair color, and eye color are spot-on and 2 out of the 3 tattoos are a match. Props to Shadowdancer and Lyssav for finding that potential match; I'm going to be shocked if Wanda and the UID aren't one in the same.

And Dr. Derrick is awesome. It's so cool that she wants us to help her with other cases after seeing how hard all of us have been working on Smurfette's thread. : )

Were those the only tattoos? Or is it possible she had others lost to decomposition? If no other tattoos, it's easier to rule out people since tattoos are hard to get rid of. If that makes sense.

I asked about the tattoo issue, and just submitted Lila Martin. I still hope she can get somewhere with Wanda because she seems like a pretty good match. Dr. D said although there is no reconstruction, she believes this woman was very pretty. I haven't asked much about teeth, but I will. I read the area she was found is commonly frequented by homeless people, if our UID was homeless this is gonna be a hard one.

She is checking out Lila's dentals now. Got this email:

"Yeah, I like Wanda, too. I will try again to get a response from Maryland PD. I left several messages but no calls back. I can’t exclude Lila Martin for her age but I would think they would list tattoos so I’m guessing it isn’t her. As far as the condition of ML05-1825, the decomposition level is pretty advanced, I think we would see other tattoos, though. I can see one white metal stud earring in her right ear that has not been put in the description so I will try to get that in ASAP"

She believes our UID lived a transient lifestyle.

It is not Lila. Dentition is way off and subsequent dental work prior to death would not explain it.

Lila Martin ruled out

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/291/9/

Another with no DNA but dentals available!

I told her we would have a list for her in the morning ;)

I just realized that it doesn't state she had a scar on her abdomen, it doesn't mean she didn't get the scar after going missing, but as Dr. Derrick stated it was well healed

I submitted Tarena. This is a reminder not to focus too much on the scars an tattoos. Tarena was ruled out, but check out the response.

"I went through the dental charts and got to the VERY LAST TOOTH before I could exclude her! It is a solid exclusion."

Crazy the dentals were that alike

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back