GUILTY FL - Michael McMullen, 3, dies while wrapped in 6 blankets, Fort Myers, 19 Oct 2013

I read this earlier yesterday, thanks for starting the thread. Yes...it was more than 4 hrs, I bet.

I believe in one of the articles it said he was wrapped first in a bedspread and it covered his head as well and then knotted so he couldn't get out.

Also, there are 3 other children in this... residence. He was taken away from his mother, I think for abuse. Yet the court a DFS knew the mom was living in the same residence as him. wtf It appears she wasn't involved though, either that or she hasn't yet been arrested.

I really wish the in this world, such as those who did this, would be the ones to die from a violent crime or disease. Instead we are losing the truly good people from this world. :scared:

jmo

BBM OMG, I did not see that article! knotted? wtf?? Who does that? Who thinks this is the way to punish a child? This is barbaric.

I am on vacation, but read this and started the thread. I am hoping some of WS great sleuthers can find pictures of the little guy and post here.

O/T popsicle is your avatar a black lab? We have two black labs. They are wonderful dogs.

I read this earlier yesterday, thanks for starting the thread. Yes...it was more than 4 hrs, I bet.

I believe in one of the articles it said he was wrapped first in a bedspread and it covered his head as well and then knotted so he couldn't get out.

Also, there are 3 other children in this... residence. He was taken away from his mother, I think for abuse. Yet the court a DFS knew the mom was living in the same residence as him. wtf It appears she wasn't involved though, either that or she hasn't yet been arrested.

I really wish the in this world, such as those who did this, would be the ones to die from a violent crime or disease. Instead we are losing the truly good people from this world. :scared:

jmo

who in the H*** could listen to their child scream for help and sweating for the love of God and not do anything? Where is the urge to comfort your own flesh and blood? And who thought of this kind of punishment? Seriously??

This is torture. That poor little boy :( My heart breaks over his suffering. Who does that. I didn't read the parents were involved at all. Look like quite a mix family, with the step father being charged, maternal grandmother and a family friend who lives there.. I can only imagine the hell the rest of the kids have been through.

BBM OMG, I did not see that article! knotted? wtf?? Who does that? Who thinks this is the way to punish a child? This is barbaric.

I am on vacation, but read this and started the thread. I am hoping some of WS great sleuthers can find pictures of the little guy and post here.

O/T popsicle is your avatar a black lab? We have two black labs. They are wonderful dogs.

:seeya: Yes, Jack is a black lab. He is the most loving dog I have known.

http://www.winknews.com/2014/12/04/...laughter-in-grandsons-death-enters-third-day/

On day three of a trial, the jury found a grandmother guilty of manslaughter in the death of her grandson...

There were three adults in the home at the time of McMullen’s death. Trainor, the family friend who wrapped the toddler, took a plea deal and received 20 years in prison. The other man in the home at the time of the toddler’s death, Douglas Garrigus, received 10 years in prison.

Sentencing for Watkins will take place on January 12.

Wow. I've "wrapped" my oldest all the way through preschool- but he never spent that time screaming for help. They clearly missed the part about laying with the child, talking to them, calming them, and unwrapping them once that overdue sleep comes along. (It always provided instant calm for my oldest, invariably he was asleep within two minutes.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back