Verified Insider
Reaction score
Kathryn Elizabeth Collins
Missing since April 1, 1981 from Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, Texas

Classification: Endangered Missing

* Date Of Birth: July 17, 1957
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 125 pounds
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
* Marks, Scars: Collins has a small scar on her her upper lip. She also has two scars from hernia surgery.
* AKA: Kathryn O' Bryant; Kathryn Troth

Collins' car was discovered as an abandoned vehicle on April 1, 1981 in Port Lavaca, TX. There was no sign of Collins herself. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Collins' case, please contact:
Texas Department of Public Safety
Missing Persons' Clearinghouse
512-424-5074

NCIC Number: M-380057946
The Doe Network: Case File 93DFTX

93DFTX - Kathryn Elizabeth Collins

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/collins_kathryn.html

I Care---missing persons cold cases-Kathryn Collins missing since Apr 1,1981 from Pt Lavaca, Ca

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetailsPrintt2.asp?id='M10/17/20012:57:16PM'&Person=Missing Person

fr3054.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Kathryn Elizabeth Collins lived in Lolita, Calhoun County, TX, with her 3-year-old son. On April 1, 1981, she left her son at home with a babysitter while she travelled to a doctor's appointment in Port Lavaca, about 16 miles south of Lolita. On the way, her brown Chevrolet Capri had a flat tire so she pulled off the road just after she exited the TX Hwy 35 Causeway in Port Lavaca. Witnesses reported seeing Collins standing near her car as an unidentified man appeared to be assisting with the flat tire. A tan or light colored van was parked nearby. That was the last time Collins was seen. The Capri with the flat tire were later found abandoned in front of the "former Shell Fish Restaurant just off the causeway". Foul play is suspected.

In August, 1991, confessed killer Donald Leroy Evans was questioned about the disappearances of Kathryn Collins and Wanda Priddy.

Calhoun women among drifter's possible victims
The Victoria Advocate
August 15, 1991

Continues here

Initially, a man who knew both Collins and Priddy was questioned, but not charged. He died in 1991. In 2001, both women were considered as possible matches to a Jane Doe found in Lyon County, Iowa.

Detective reopens cases of missing women
The Victoria Advocate
August 8, 2001

Continues here

NamUs
DNA tests complete

Related threads:

TX TX - Wanda Lee Ann Priddy, 20, Port Lavaca, 29 Aug 1978 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victims near I-45 in Texas, outside of Montgomery, Harris & Galveston Counties - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

On March 1, 1983 this UID was involved in a motor vehicle accident in Harris County TX.

She has the letter "c" tattoo, is 5'7" and has black hair and brown eyes. Nose and chin remind me of Kathryn. Caution post mortem pictures Note this UID is not on NamUs!

http://www.harriscountytx.gov/CmpDocuments/21/Unidentified Decedent Fliers/1983-03-01-1339.pdf

front view:

IFS - Institute of Forensic Sciences

In reply to Houston Mom , her links dont work anymore but this is the case she talk about:

92UFTX
i dont believe it is , because they say she was hispanic,

Attachments

• 92uftx1.jpg
    92uftx1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
That article regarding Wanda Priddy re Calhoun County women being victims has Wanda's age wrong. She was not 29 years old. She was much younger. As I said I knew her. Spent time with her right before she disappeared at a public event.

That article regarding Wanda Priddy re Calhoun County women being victims has Wanda's age wrong. She was not 29 years old. She was much younger. As I said I knew her. Spent time with her right before she disappeared at a public event.

HI Gonetotherapy welcome to WS

Thumbnail.jpg

Kathryn Collins
Photo from NamUs
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Collins has a small scar on her upper lip. She also has two scars on her lower abdomen.

Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact Texas Department of Public Safety, Missing Persons Clearinghouse PO Box 4087, Austin, Texas 78773-0450; or by phone at 512-424-5074 or 1-800-346-3243

Kathryn Elizabeth Collins

kathryn_elizabeth_collins_1.jpg

Collins, circa 1981

• Missing Since 04/01/1981
  • Missing From Port Lavaca, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/17/1951 (70)
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Collins has a small scar on her upper lip. She has two surgical scars from hernia operations. Her nickname is Kathie. She may use the last name Troth, or the maiden name, O'Bryant.
Details of Disappearance

Collins was last seen in Port Lavaca, Texas at 8:45 a.m. on April 1, 1981. She left her three-year-old son with her boyfriend's parents and went to Port Lavaca to go grocery shopping and see a doctor. Her car developed a flat tire and she pulled over in front of the former Shell Fish Restaurant, just off the causeway.

A light-colored van was seen nearby, and Collins was last seen with the van's driver, apparently getting ready to change her tire. She has never been heard from again and her car was later found abandoned, its tire still flat.:

Investigating Agency
  • Grimes County District Attorney's Office 936-940-4817
Source Information

Did you know her husband ?

Bumping, the 42nd anniversary of Kathryn’s disappearance passed recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back