GUILTY OH - Mitchell Simon for attempted murder of parents, Liberty Township, 2013

oh_gal

Reaction score
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/st...fter-setting-home-on-fire-with-parents-inside

Police: 16-year-old charged with attempted murder after setting home on fire with parents inside
LIBERTY TWP., Ohio - A 16-year-old was arrested and charged with attempted murder after police say he tried to burn down his residence in Liberty Township, Ohio, with his parents inside.

Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones said he hasn't seen anything like this in his 40 years of law enforcement.

The incident happened about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to police.

Investigators say they found the 50-year-old father of the Lakota West High School student outside of the home after he jumped from a second-story window to escape the flames.

Liberty Township fire crews rescued the suspect's 56-year-old mother from her second-story bedroom.

Jones said this was a "cold, calculated plot."

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/st...ome-on-fire-with-parents-inside#ixzz2ijmrUbk9

Sheriff also said he showed no remorse. What is up with all these kids, committing crimes, plotting murder, and showing no remorse????

Stories like this scare me so much. I don't understand how someone could even consider killing their own parents. I'm glad that they both survived, but they will have a lot to deal with knowing what their son tried to do. I hope they receive the help they need to recover from such a shock.

I don't know what to think any more. Today's parents cannot abuse their children with a good swat or two, so we leave it up to prison to introduce them to beatings and rape?

Broken, our system of parenting, living, and governing is totally broken.

January 2014:

The 16-year-old Liberty Twp. boy accused of tying his parents’ bedroom doors shut and setting their house on fire has been indicted on felony charges of attempted aggravated murder and aggravated arson...

Several pages of the journal were shown during the 30-minute hearing. Some writings included, “My parents are judgmental racist (expletive),” “I hate my parents, they don’t understand me. If only they would stop snooping around,” and “They need to stop controlling my life, I am not a puppet.”

http://m.journal-news.com/news/news...-of-plotting-to-kill-parents-indicted-/ncxm8/

June 2014:

An Ohio teen accused of setting his house on fire to kill his parents pleaded guilty as charged Monday just before jury selection in his trial was scheduled to start....

Now 17, [Mitchell] Simon was being tried as an adult on charges of attempted aggravated murder and aggravated arson. He had previously pleaded insanity.

His parents, Sharon and Perry Simon, escaped the blaze and have supported their son during previous court hearings...

He later admitted that "he wanted to inflict as much pain as humanly possible on those who caused him to feel the way he felt about himself," according to police testimony...

Simon told investigators that he was mad because his mother had taken his laptop computer from his room, police testified at a prior hearing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en-pleads-guilty-trying-kill-parents/9889831/

June 2014:

A Butler County teen who tried to burn his parents alive after being disciplined for an improper Facebook post and skipping band practice will spend the next nine years in prison.

Mitchell Simon, 17, of Liberty Township, told a judge he wished he could take away what he did that night last October...

Hedric also ordered Simon to serve five years on post release control following his release from prison and to register as an arsonist for 10 years as a result of a law that took effect last year...

Psychiatrist Samuel Robertson, who counseled Simon in jail for seven months, said Simon has made significant strides during therapy. But he couldn't guarantee that Simon wouldn't try to hurt his parents again if he was set free.

He described Simon as a shy teen who was bullied during adolescence. His parents had spoiled him because of genetic issues discovered during the pregnancy. Simon, in turn, bullied his parents, Robertson said.

Sharon and Perry Simon told Hedric they still don't believe their son tried to kill them. They did not want him sent to prison.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ed-today-for-trying-to-kill-parents/10269585/

Are you kidding me " they still don't believe their son tried to kill them." It's time to wake up and smell the charcoal.. Don't believe your son, or his Dr. just make up whatever you want to believe. I think they need help also, some people aren't smart enough to survive on their own.

I don't know what to think any more. Today's parents cannot abuse their children with a good swat or two, so we leave it up to prison to introduce them to beatings and rape?

Broken, our system of parenting, living, and governing is totally broken.
You'd rather it be the parents' job to introduce beatings and rape?

:thud:

I have a strong preference towards NO RAPE AT ALL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back