CANADA Canada - William Kwiatek, 43, Canmore, AB, July 1988

tarabull

Life is a puzzle.
Reaction score
Family reports William Kwiatek missing 25 years after he disappeared while hitchhiking from Canmore to Calgary

The brother of a man who vanished 25 years ago but was only recently reported missing is not giving up hope RCMP can find out where he is — or what happened to him.

William Kwiatek, also known as Bill, or Boleslov Kwiatek, disappeared in July 1988 while hitchhiking from Canmore, where he was working construction, back home to Calgary.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/10/2...red-while-hitchhiking-from-canmore-to-calgary

This story is so strange and unsettling. I can't figure out why we haven't heard much about it in MSM here (Calgary). Just one small article in the Herald.

rbbm.
William Kwiatek isn't a particularly difficult person to spot, with the Star of David tattooed on his left hand and the words "LOVE" and "HATE" on his knuckles, including his partially amputated left ring finger. But his brother says he hasn't seen the Alberta man since July of 1988.

Pete Kwiatek filed a missing persons report for his brother this August, 25 years after the construction worker disappeared while hitchhiking from a job in Canmore back to Calgary, the Calgary Sun reported.

The RCMP is reaching out to the public for any information about William Kwiatek, a five-foot-eleven man who wore glasses and weighed 221 pounds when he went missing.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...sing-25-years-disappeared-150714401.html?nf=1

Please look at this UID. The dates are about right, and both the UID and William had sustained head injuries and reconstructive surgery at about the same time.

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/coroners/reports/docs/2014JAG0201-001038.pdf

I contacted the RCMP to see if they'd take a look at the possibility of a match.

You might well be on to something!

This individual is of undetermined ancestry and is estimated to have been between 45 and 65
years of age when he died. He has likely been missing for several years.
At some point during his life, this man suffered a severe injury to his face and head resulting in
many fractured facial bones which may have left his face with some degree of distortion or
scarring. He underwent surgery to his skull, possibly during the 1980s or 1990s

I called the detachment phone number on the missing person poster and spoke with a very gracious officer. No one has reported this possible match before. He agreed that it was worth looking into, and would do so. My email from yesterday, which I think that I sent to the BC coronor, had just been handed to him. Looks like they are not wasting any time.

I called the detachment phone number on the missing person poster and spoke with a very gracious officer. No one has reported this possible match before. He agreed that it was worth looking into, and would do so. My email from yesterday, which I think that I sent to the BC coronor, had just been handed to him. Looks like they are not wasting any time.
Any follow up? Can't even find info on the doe himself...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back