message from Webp...

Tril

Reaction score
I've received a few pop-up notices today on WS that say ""message from Webp..." What does the notice mean and what do I do to see the message? Thanks!

I am getting popups that tell me WS had a breach and urging me to go check my credit score. the popups are from winnervisitor.com.

I am not going to click on them and I am now logging out of everything I am running and doing a full scan.

I urge you not to click on popups you are seeing no matter what they say and take a moment to check your pc or device for, viruses, malware etc.

I have seen no pop ups at all.
The only thing I get is the occasional virus scan alert and that hasn't happened since WS came back up.

My scan is done, I found a bunch of "pup" stuff through my malware detection (99 to be exact)

The issue could come from somewhere else but not announce itself til later. Then the popups come up. Most tricky are the popups that insert the name of a site you use and trust (such as WS)

they do this because they feel it makes them appear more legitimate. They are not. Do not try to open or click the links they encourage you to go to. Instead, do as I did, x out of everything, shut down every application you are running, and run your virus and malware programs. Find the little bugger, remove according to your program's instructions, restart if recommended by your program.

Again, this could be a WS issue, but it is just as likely if not MORE likely that when these kinds of things occur, they are things you picked up elsewhere, they sat quietly waiting til you visited a site you frequent and then popped up.

has been on top of anything attaching itself to the site. As you are all aware, he worked on the site for almost 24 hours on Saturday. If you are getting pop-ups, it is very unlikely they came from Websleuths. Do what tlcya did and run a malware program. I use the free version of Malwarebytes, which was suggested by my computer doctor about 3 years ago and I've been pop-up free since that time.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your work on behalf of all of us WS addicts. :)
You don't get nearly the praise and recognition you deserve, buddy.

I've received a few pop-up notices today on WS that say ""message from Webp..." What does the notice mean and what do I do to see the message? Thanks!

I was getting it too for weeks. I don't think it is any type of message. I have run more complete scans today so I hope it's gone finally. Pops up randomly when I hit the thanks button. Then off course my thanks doesn't show up. Grrrrr.

Ok now beyond frustrated still getting the pop up randomly message from webp....

Are you still getting it too?

has been on top of anything attaching itself to the site. As you are all aware, he worked on the site for almost 24 hours on Saturday. If you are getting pop-ups, it is very unlikely they came from Websleuths. Do what tlcya did and run a malware program. I use the free version of Malwarebytes, which was suggested by my computer doctor about 3 years ago and I've been pop-up free since that time.

Hope that helps!

The only advice I have is what I wrote above. I'm not getting pop-ups from home nor from my work computer.

Another thing I suggest is getting the add-on for your browser. It gets rids of ads so if it's an ad or something that attached itself to one, it'll get blocked out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back