bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
parsons_erica2.jpg
parsons_erica.jpg

Erica Lynn Parsons

The Charley Project

Rowan Co. Deputies: 15-year-old missing since 2011

Updated: 11:02 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, 2013 | Posted: 4:53 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, 2013
ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. —Erica Parsons is a 15-year-old from Rowan County; she was adopted as a baby.

On Monday night, her grandparents said that no one has seen her since 2011 -- yet she is just now being reported as missing. They told Eyewitness News they thought she was visiting other family.

Erica Parson's grandparents told Eyewitness News they've been asking their son or daughter where the teenager was, but they just learned two weeks ago that Parsons was missing.

It has been two years, and according to deputies, no one has seen or heard from 15-year-old Parsons.
WARRANT: Teeth, hammer, video found during new search in missing teen case

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 5:06 PM CST Updated: Aug 22, 2013 6:23 AM CST
By Chris Dyches
SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) - Investigators in Rowan County have release another set of search warrants in the case of a missing Salisbury teen, who was reported missing nearly two years after she was last seen.
NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 15 -- Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Still waiting for more news on Erica's case....

Seems CP still doesn't appreciate the media attention in Erica's disappearance. I like it. Keep up the good job Mr. Whisenant.

Here you go...

WBTV_News ‏@WBTV_News 8m
Adoptive mom of #EricaParsons speaks out after article on financial aspect of disappearance. http://bit.ly/1aFw3e7

From the WBTV article:
On Saturday, WBTV received an angry note from Casey Parsons accusing WBTV of telling "lies" in that story and "butchering" the statements they made.
More people telling lies?

The email sent to WBTV did not mention anything as to the whereabouts of Erica Parsons.
That pretty much sums up the situation.

David Whisenant, You are the best!

:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

So she thinks its ok to receive money from the state for a child she doesnt have?

Here you go...

WBTV_News ‏@WBTV_News 8m
Adoptive mom of #EricaParsons speaks out after article on financial aspect of disappearance. http://bit.ly/1aFw3e7

Wow, CP is super knowledgable about exactly what circumstances enable you to keep getting checks for a child who no longer lives with you. :(

Unfortunately, if the info she quoted is accurate, it sounds like it may have been legal for them to keep receiving the checks. (At least in their claimed fantasy scenario of Erica living "out of home" but rights not terminated.) I'm sorry to say so, but don't shoot the messenger.

It's very striking, though, that their explanation of her disappearance does fit the terms of what would legally enable them to keep collecting checks. Almost like they researched it after the first time they sent her away and then got worried about the checks.

I could be wrong, and I'm not a lawyer, but I think they're missing the definition of "financial responsibility."

If the Parsons arranged an "out-of-home placement" for Erica, then, in my opinion, one of two things should be available;

1 - They would know where Erica was living in this prearranged "out-of-home placement" facility, home, horse farm, or wherever she is.

2 - They would have records showing they met their "financial responsibility" to the care of Erica Parsons by either having cancelled checks, receipts, credit or debit card transactions, etc. showing they did in fact provide some sort of "financial responsibility" (lodging, clothing, schooling, etc.) And by having those documents, then they would know to WHOM and WHERE they were sending those "financial responsibility" payments.

Just my opinion..
ACR

BUT the monies received apparently were not being used in any way, shape or form to benefit Erica Parsons. IMHO it is called SUPPORT for a reason- support for the CHILD....for their benefit, needs & care, not the adoptive parents. Sure the parents can blow it however they see fit, but NO effort that I am aware of, has any of that money gone to benefit one Erica Parsons, minor child, in any manner , who is apparently living it up in the hills of Asheville with wealthy Nan, so CP would have one believe. Hell they don't even know where she is , hand her off in a dadgummed parking lot. And I seriously doubt there is a bank account set aside , with monies accruing, awaiting the day Erica 'comes home'.

This all hogwash. It makes me livid to no end. Yeah I bet they did their research.

BUT I did find this line- and wonder if it is applicable , since they do not state they supported in her any form.

E. TERMINATION OF ADOPTION ASSISTANCE BENEFITS TO THE CHILD
Adoption Assistance benefits to the child will be
terminated in any of the following circumstances upon
written notice to the Adoptive Parents(s):
Upon determination by the state that the Adoptiv
e Parent(s) are no longer providing any support for
the child (“any support” is defined as various form
s of financial support such as paying for family
therapy, tuition, clothing, maintenance of special
equipment in the home, or paying someone else to
provide for the child)

and
G.
DURATION
This Agreement shall remain in effect regardless of the State of residence of the child and Adoptive
Parents(s) at any given time. This Agreement will
expire permanently on the child’s eighteenth birthday
unless termination occurs earlier as a result of one or more of the conditions set forth in Section E,
Termination of the Adoption Assistance Agreement.
From pg 4
http://info.dhhs.state.nc.us/olm/forms/dss/dss-5013-ia.pdf

this whole thing is revolting

I could be wrong, and I'm not a lawyer, but I think they're missing the definition of "financial responsibility."

If the Parsons arranged an "out-of-home placement" for Erica, then, in my opinion, one of two things should be available;

1 - They would know where Erica was living in this prearranged "out-of-home placement" facility, home, horse farm, or wherever she is.

2 - They would have records showing they met their "financial responsibility" to the care of Erica Parsons by either having cancelled checks, receipts, credit or debit card transactions, etc. showing they did in fact provide some sort of "financial responsibility" (lodging, clothing, schooling, etc.) And by having those documents, then they would know to WHOM and WHERE they were sending those "financial responsibility" payments.

Just my opinion..
ACR

BBM
I agree. I'd like to see any records showing they continued any type of financial support of Erica since November 2011. How about all the money they've collected since Erica has been gone; if it's "in the bank" as CP says there should be a bank account with at least $12,000 in it.

Just my opinion..
ACR

So in the article CP states that she and SP are still legally responsible for her, right? OK What happens when a child disappears from a family that is legally responsible for her??? Who is responsible for that child's welfare? I bet the LE can't wait to hear more.

The way I read it in trying to justify keeping the payments she has out and out claimed they are responsible for Erica period. So where is Erica?

They lied and continue to lie.

1 and 2 above in the quoted post is no doubt correct and there is such a thing as accountability. They have none! They can twist it any way they want it's not fooling me. They have provided nothing for Erica since she has disappeared. Oh by the way, Did they report income from the kennel to the IRS? How about the $ for the surrogacy?

Oh one more thing if CP says the article clears she and SP from financial responsibility of keeping those checks they better be able to prove Erica is still alive. Otherwise, the child I assume is dead and I'm pretty sure an Out-Of- Home arrangement does not mean buried somewhere!

Keep talking CP, please keep talking!

I think too, I didn't read deeply in the determination stuff, but her medicaid might would have been needed to be over seen by another county....but then again, Erica didn't have her medicaid card with, huh

this is just insane

BUT the monies received apparently were not being used in any way, shape or form to benefit Erica Parsons. IMHO it is called SUPPORT for a reason- support for the CHILD....for their benefit, needs & care, not the adoptive parents. Sure the parents can blow it however they see fit, but NO effort that I am aware of, has any of that money gone to benefit one Erica Parsons, minor child, in any manner , who is apparently living it up in the hills of Asheville with wealthy Nan, so CP would have one believe. Hell they don't even know where she is , hand her off in a dadgummed parking lot. And I seriously doubt there is a bank account set aside , with monies accruing, awaiting the day Erica 'comes home'.

This all hogwash. It makes me livid to no end. Yeah I bet they did their research.

BUT I did find this line- and wonder if it is applicable , since they do not state they supported in her any form.

E. TERMINATION OF ADOPTION ASSISTANCE BENEFITS TO THE CHILD
Adoption Assistance benefits to the child will be
terminated in any of the following circumstances upon
written notice to the Adoptive Parents(s):
Upon determination by the state that the Adoptiv
e Parent(s) are no longer providing any support for
the child (“any support” is defined as various form
s of financial support such as paying for family
therapy, tuition, clothing, maintenance of special
equipment in the home, or paying someone else to
provide for the child)

and
G.
DURATION
This Agreement shall remain in effect regardless of the State of residence of the child and Adoptive
Parents(s) at any given time. This Agreement will
expire permanently on the child’s eighteenth birthday
unless termination occurs earlier as a result of one or more of the conditions set forth in Section E,
Termination of the Adoption Assistance Agreement.
From pg 4
http://info.dhhs.state.nc.us/olm/forms/dss/dss-5013-ia.pdf

this whole thing is revolting

I agree about the hogwash! It's a CP spin. I guess she forgot how clear she's made it that when Nan picked up Erica, Nan had everything. CP and SP did not provide anything for Erica. Nan took care of everything. Why didn't she say Nan had her a bunch of new clothes?

Yep, keep talking CP! LE and myself say thanks.

Oh one more thing, does anyone else find it significant that CP communicated via e-mail? Quite the little emailer eh?

"In the interest of fairness, the content of the email is now posted here with unedited portions from the email Casey Parsons send to WBTV."

ACR
snipped by me..

:floorlaugh: LOL I think they have a Parson's dictionary that's nothing like real dictionaries. ...:blushing: sorry guys I get so upset with this case I have to insert lol somewhere.

I think Erica lived in He## and this woman CP was responsible. I won't be here long tonight. I can only take this woman in brief intervals.

:jail:

Have they ever sent an email to news stations asking for help to find Erica?

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how much income, on the record, the adoptive couple should be making. Let's see, SP would have been unemployed for over a year now, so his income would be unemployment, then we have CP's income, which would consist of some type of disability income, and of course, there is the $634 a month for Erica, which we know is sitting there waiting for her.
Now, I wonder how much outgo there has been in the past year?

Something a has to give with this case soon. It's heartbreaking to think she may be dead somewhere alone or being held somewhere against her will. Come on LE get these people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell