ISON- 3 Comets Threaten Earth With Unprecedented Meteor Showers (Video)

Wonderful video, and great information. Thanks, Tulessa!

I find it totally fascinating that we haven't been hearing about ISON as much as we had in the past, and that LOVEJOY was only discovered in early September, and I hadn't heard a thing about it- and yet, it's projected to be brighter than ISON.

And I didn't realize the Tugunska event (I know I misspelled that, sorry) in 1908 is thought to be part of ENCKE's debris field...which will be passing us 11/21.

So. Perihelion for the trio will be;

Encke is 11/21.
Ison is 11/28.
Lovejoy is 12/25.

I bet that we see some pretty interesting things happen...maybe a few meteor strikes, but at the very least, some very interesting and cool sky shows. And I bet we find some very strange cult folks doing some pretty scary things, too, especially with LOVEJOY coming at Christmastime.

Off to check emergency supplies for me and the herd...

Best-
Herding Cats

Wonderful video, and great information. Thanks, Tulessa!

I find it totally fascinating that we haven't been hearing about ISON as much as we had in the past, and that LOVEJOY was only discovered in early September, and I hadn't heard a thing about it- and yet, it's projected to be brighter than ISON.

And I didn't realize the Tugunska event (I know I misspelled that, sorry) in 1908 is thought to be part of ENCKE's debris field...which will be passing us 11/21.

So. Perihelion for the trio will be;

Encke is 11/21.
Ison is 11/28.
Lovejoy is 12/25.

I bet that we see some pretty interesting things happen...maybe a few meteor strikes, but at the very least, some very interesting and cool sky shows. And I bet we find some very strange cult folks doing some pretty scary things, too, especially with LOVEJOY coming at Christmastime.

Off to check emergency supplies for me and the herd...

Best-
Herding Cats

You're very welcome HC! I love anything to do with the night sky. I woke my son up at 4 am when Halley's comet passed over us in the 80's. These things fascinate me, and I'm a very avid meteor watcher. :)

I remember taking a night trip out to the desert with my then bf in his truck...it was so awesome...we had a pair of Binocs and a telescope, and had a great night laying in the desert watching the stars and Halley's comet. It rocked.

It will be interesting to see what happens...I don't recall a time where we had three comets in such rapid succession...and with being in the middle of the galactic plane, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

This is interesting!

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member