The Death of K-Mart?

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
K-haos at K-Mart? Pictures reveal half-empty shelves, overflowing trash cans and tired displays of merchandise at one of America's largest chains

"Overflowing trash cans, half-empty shelves and gloomy lighting over uncared for displays - as far as attracting customers goes, this is far from 'K-mart smart'.
Brian Sozzi at Belus Capital Advisors headed to several of the discount retailer's stores to show just how sorry a state they are in."

"Mr Sozzi describes the stores, at unknown locations across the U.S., as 'borderline unsafe' and 'dreadful to visit'.
The snaps reveal displays of stock with shelves half-empty, looking tired and unappealing to customers, along with exposed wires and heaps of trash."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uncared-new-picture-series.html#ixzz2jm4ed0ta

I've always avoided the one in my town in summer because it's so hot in the store and very few checkers. They also quit carrying groceries, but had a really good bakery and good meat prices for quite awhile.

IIRC, Kmart and Sears filed for bankruptcy some time ago. We no longer have Kmart where I live. Sears may be hanging on by a thread.

Okay, here is the wiki page, looks like the last update on the Kmart "appearance" was in the '90's (that is obvious), and bankruptcy was filed in 2002. Many Kmart and Sears stores began closing in 2011. (I take it that any left will be closing too if stock is depleted, hand made signs are up, and very few employees left working, just a matter of slowly liquidating, imo.)

Kmart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have one near me that is beautiful, new and clean. I love the wide isles. But they never have what I'm looking for:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I visited the one in Albany, Oregon last week. The one they had in Eugene is long gone.

I made a few purchases, the prices were good, the shelves were stocked and orderly, and the employees VERY helpful. Maybe some of the other stores need a manager like the one in Albany?

My Kmart is not that bad. The clothes are ugly for women. I like the purse section. I like the Kmart points thing, I always seem to have a few dollars to put towards something, and I don't even shop there that much.

I shop Kmart online...I get the leggings I wear (if I continually check) for about $4.00 a pair...black, patterned, etc. I mean, that's ALL I wear lol, and have become known for my wild and crazy leggings :) I just buy jumbo t-shirts to wear with them...

I worked at KMart many many moons ago and they were horrible to their employees.
SInce that time, I have never been back to KMart.

Seems to me like K-Mart has been in its death throes for a number of years now. Frankly, I'm surprised that they, and Sears are still in business. I sure do miss the blue light specials....

I happen to like my local KMart.
Close and convenient.
I go there for small appliances, got a great deal on my small flat screen.
Magnavox- great sound BTW. I read reviews. $159.

Clothing, I buy good quality T shirts, heavy cotton. Turtlenecks to layer.
PJ's, underwear.

"Basics" and "route 66". Have one on now.
Can't beat it for the price.
I also buy incidentals, like lamp shades and hardware.

I would hate to see them go byebye.

:seeya:

So, when the only stores left are Macy's and WalMart, what will they charge then?

The K-Mart closest to me is dirty and disorganized. There are never many cashiers working and the lines are always horrendous. I only go there as a last resort.

I want one of those pots that are pictured. The red, orange, yellow, and blue ones. I wonder what brand they are - Rachael Ray perhaps?

I want one of those pots that are pictured. The red, orange, yellow, and blue ones. I wonder what brand they are - Rachael Ray perhaps?

It looks like they have a few different brands - Sandra Lee, Kenmore, Denmark. I can't read the box in the picture but I seem to remember the Sandra Lee packaging looking like that.

My Kmart is not that bad. The clothes are ugly for women. I like the purse section. I like the Kmart points thing, I always seem to have a few dollars to put towards something, and I don't even shop there that much.

The Kmart in the small Black Hills town near where we live is actually pretty nice. I really like the points thing, there have been several times where I have had enough that a purchase has been free. I agree that the clothes are ugly but I love their jewelry sales and their garden department. Wal-Mart is the only other choice around here so I do go to Kmart first, over Wal-Mart.

The K-Mart near me gets flooded every time there are heavy rains, so yeah, don't need to purchase mold. I'm a JC Penney and Target person myself. Better quality, I think, but that's just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back