Teacher's Aide Stripped Naked In Class

OK What is with these people ... Its almost once a week lately that something like this happens..

Maybe we need to demad that teachers go through a psyche eval before we let them teach our kids?

MaryKate said:
OK What is with these people ... Its almost once a week lately that something like this happens..

Maybe we need to demad that teachers go through a psyche eval before we let them teach our kids?
Not a bad idea. The background check doesn't seem to be working.

She is accused of inappropriate activity with both male and female students, ranging in age from 11 to 14. She allegedly choked a 13-year-old girl to the point where an ambulance had to be called.

Prosecutors said the children didn't report the alleged acts until White was fired in January
Um, excuse me, but if an ambulance had to be called it seems that SOMEONE should have questioned what happened??!!!

Your 100% right Lady E.

AND everyone who didn't needs to lose their jobs right along with the aide.
IMO These people are getting paid to protect and teach my children.
If they aren't then they need to not be there.

Isn't a teacher's aid supposed to be supervised by a certified teacher? Where was the other faculty while this was happening? :furious:

Jenn said:
Isn't a teacher's aid supposed to be supervised by a certified teacher? Where was the other faculty while this was happening? :furious:
Yes, a teacher is responsible for the class room. A Teacher's Aid in most areas doesn't need any qualification other than a high school diploma. They help a student with work that the teacher has presented. They cannot present new work to a student, they aren't qualified. Why the teacher wasn't present will be an issue for that school and the answer had better be very good.

I think it depends on the school system.

In Florida a sub teacher only has to take a two day course and have a HS diploma or a GED. ( And they are permitted to oversee a class)
Here (in Florida) the aides get at least that much training.
Although it may be policy to not leave children without the teacher in the room
I have seen it done in all 4 of the counties I have lived in.

In two of them it wasn't even an aide it was me. A parent.
On several occassions because I volunteered and helped out I was left with the children.
This happend with my daughters class in Dade County and (this will shock you...)
In Citrus County where Jessica Lunsford lived.
I was often left with any one of my 3 school age children's classrooms.
One of these classrooms was an pre-K ESE class so several of the children were disabled and/or could not communicate.

Now obvioulsy I am not a danger and I think the fact that I was there practically daily is why they trusted me.
But what if it was someone else??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back