GUILTY TX - James Riley, 13, faces 26 delinquency charges, Nelsonville, 2007

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;M_donI4Cyzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_donI4Cyzg[/video]

I say lock him up for life. I doubt this kid is gonna turn it around.

That case is from 2007, so he would be 19 years old. He is a clear cut psychopath.

Can someone fill me in? I can't view the video.

HMSHood pretty much sums it up below. It's actually from the Jimmy Kimmel show where Kimmel is joking about the kid. Kimmel's comments are funny, but the kid is a lost cause IMO. Unfortunately, some people are gonna get hurt before he's locked away for life.

BTW, try clicking on the header of the video. It should take you to the actual Youtube posting and may run that way.

That case is from 2007, so he would be 19 years old. He is a clear cut psychopath.

scary and sad and yes lock him up! Kimmel was pretty hysterical, as well as that very last clip!

He stole video games and baseball cards and threatened to beat up a kid that was going to testify against him. Burglary, theft, witness intimidation. Nothing said who or where the things were taken from.

Sorry,but I do not find this as anything to joke about.

From March 30, 2007 article....

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2007/03/24/rileyboy.ART_ART_03-24-07_B1_5M666HU.html

A Nelsonville 13-year-old faces more than 100 criminal charges. The story goes national. It's all over cable television news programs, fueled by an Internet link on the Drudge Report.

It's an amazing story.

Just not accurate.

James Andrew Riley is, in fact, charged with 26 delinquency counts.
And as the boy prepares for a court appearance Monday, the Athens County prosecutor reflected yesterday on his own role in putting him in the national media glare, calling the incident "a runaway train."

C. David Warren blamed a poorly worded news release from his office for the confusion about how many charges the teen faces.

Not to be disrespectful, but I don't think citing a blog and Jimmy Kimmel are adequate sources of information on this child (was a child in 2007) especially when he has been identified by both name and picture. There is obviously a larger picture here and other kids involved also. I can't believe people are claiming that nothing will help this kid.

Well said. Dismissing a child as a "clear cut psychopath" who should be locked up for the rest of his life on the basis of internet gossip is just wrong.

Besides, who did he kill? He stole stuff and threatened to beat someone up, we wouldn't even sentence an adult to LWOP for that.

This reminds me of the boy who took the flight to L. Vegas recently. We had the same discussion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back