GUILTY NY - Matthew Straton, 31, Rochester, 28 Oct 2013

There's a search being organized:

"This Sunday Rain or Shine. November 10th , 9 a.m. Maple Wood Rose Park, behind Seth Green Apartments and Seneca Park. The Search is on to try and find Matt. Meeting place will be at Maplewood Rose Park located on the corner of Driving Park and Lake Ave."

This young man seems to have a lot folks looking for him on the FB Find page.

They need to call the radio stations in Rochester; especially brother wease. Let me go find Steely.

His family, friends, and dogs must miss him so much!

I hope the search tomorrow brings good news...

:please:

They need to call the radio stations in Rochester; especially brother wease. Let me go find Steely.

I'm sure Wease will address it on Monday on his show. I hope they find the guy. That article says next to nothing about the case. I'll have to look for more.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/news/all_news/704459/family-and-friends-search-for-missing-man/

The area the crew searched is not far from where Straton lived. He's been missing for 13 days. Neighbors saw him last as he was leaving his home off St. Paul Street. That neighbor said Straton was visibly upset.

<snip>

"The bottom line is that he's been hooked up with the wrong people lately," said Kym Straton, Matthew's mother. "He's gotten involved with the wrong people and it's led to things he knows he shouldn't have done. Matt is not the kind of person just to take off. Something has happened to him."

I believe the story was on Kimberly & Beck 98.9 The Buzz on Friday morning. Would be nice for other stations to pick it up.

Should also be on Ch13 tonight too...

Come home safe Matthew!

I'm a friend of some group members. It took them a long time to get police to request media coverage. Stations wouldn't cover it without a request from authorities.
Wease has been called - last week Kim and Beck covered it, and there was a short story in the newspaper. Now, after yesterday's search, YNN and ch 13 have jumped in.

The family doesn't have much information. Matt was seen leaving his house on the 28th and never seen or heard from again. Matt talks to his family very regularly, esp his mom. Very worrisome is that his wallet, keys and his two dogs were left in his house. He would never leave his dogs - never.
His family and friends are desperate to find him.
Please help spread the word.

Attachments

• matt poster.jpg
    matt poster.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 229
Thanks a lot, leaving all his belongings and his dogs sounds ominous. Did he arrange to meet someone does anyone know?

Thanks a lot, leaving all his belongings and his dogs sounds ominous. Did he arrange to meet someone does anyone know?

He didn't that they know of. unless someone hasn't come forward... :(

Oh, my, that river looks like a possibility. Has anyone has boated downstream to look for any sign that he might've wound up in the water? Can't find mention of it in any of the news reports.

I couldn't help but notice the body of water, too...

You have some good questions here...

JMO

Oh, my, that river looks like a possibility. Has anyone has boated downstream to look for any sign that he might've wound up in the water? Can't find mention of it in any of the news reports.

That's the Genesee River. It has a decent size falls back in Rochester and flows north to Lake Ontario. They would probably need a professional team to search as parts of it are treacherous. The other side of the river has a steep bank , all overgrown and wild.
Sad to say there have been a number of bodies found near where they searched. Matt's house is not too far from there.
I haven't heard anything about the police actually "looking", but they are doing some investigation. It took a while because of course, at first they said he's an adult and probably just left town."
His friends and family will not give up.
Matt spent a lot of time at my house when he was in high school with my son. Sweet kid. <3

This is not sounding good, hopefully he is just off some place.
Hope he is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back