11/11/13 Veterans Day

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
3189210963_1_2_9KeBcNcs.jpg

To honor Veterans and their families.

Happy Belated 238 Birthday of the USMC and a salute to all that served! Veterans Day!

Thank you to all who have served, are serving, and will serve in the future. We honor and appreciate you!

(Special thanks to my twin sons, who are serving in the US Navy - Hooyah from this proud Navy mom)

I just returned from the ceremony in the city square. My town does a beautiful remembrance. I always went with my daddy & now I wouldn't miss it, in honor of my dad, grandfathers, uncles, cousins, friends, classmates & everyone who served. Thank you sirs & mams.

Great War armistice: the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month 1918.

Today is Veterans Day in the US and Remembrance Day in Canada.

1422515_614633531916706_1435971016_n.jpg

To HONOR SPC Lori Piestewa, the first American Indian woman to fall in battle in the US military.

[video=youtube;K97mWqY0xis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97mWqY0xis[/video]

Salute and Thank You to all Veterans.

I salute all veterans today and say a sincere thank you for serving.

There are several veterans in our family. They are Air Force, Navy, Army, and Marines. I appreciate them and all who have served and are currently serving our country. My grandson(in-law) is in Qatar at the moment.

GB them all.

Veterans Day is a day of remembrance for me. I think of my grandfathers, both veterans and I think of my father, who has walked over. I miss him but the pride that I have for him and for his military career will never leave me. I was born on base and I consider that a privilege. It is a way of life I am grateful for, one that I was blessed to live. A life where respect was paramount and courage was not just a concept but an example we saw daily.

I am truly blessed to be the daughter of a soldier.

Thanks to each and everyone that has served, are serving and will serve in any USA armed services branch.

Proud of you guys EVERYDAY but this is the day we say:

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

and

:loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

My husband is a Viet Nam vet and I think we almost stripped them of their "vet" status. {Navy} I currently have an Air Force daughter (intel) Yea, Jaz!

[video=youtube;bQIWhqjWhpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIWhqjWhpo[/video]

Thanks to ALL veterans world-wide for the freedoms we enjoy...

A special shout out to my dad (WW2 & Korea Air Force Pilot), cousin Michael (Vietnam chopper pilot, getting wounded out, with two purple hearts that died senselessly in a car wreck in CA), my uncle (a Pearl Harbor survivor), and my uncle Al (Air Force Huey pilot)...all who have got before me.

God bless you all.

Honors to all vets today. Especially to the Vietnam vets, of whom my late husband was one. USMC 1967-1968, served in a highly decorated unit.

With sincere gratitude to all people who served to protect our nation! Thank you, Veterans!!!!

For my son in law (in the military), my father (survived the military), his brother (died in military), their father and many more that came before.

Bataan death march survivor Anthony Costa has new appreciation for Veterans Day

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...5|met:0000300|cat:0|order:11&/?source=dailyme

CONCORD -- For years, Anthony Costa rarely spoke about the atrocities he witnessed and suffered as a Bataan death march survivor and POW in World War II. What memories he had, he kept to himself.......

He received his Purple Heart and Bronze Star 50 years after the fact, but he has never received back pay for his time as a POW. A recent claim submitted to the VA was denied.

"My father is the only person I have ever met who truly lives in the moment -- because he had to," Maryann Costa said. "He never thinks a minute ahead or a minute behind. When you're with my dad, he's here now."......

Many thanks and appreciation to all veterans, including my own two older brothers (now deceased) who served in WWII.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back