Are you gorgeous or Photoshop Gorgeous?

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think she's hotter before the all gussieing up. I will say the one thing I really like is the long hairstyle, but that can be done without Photoshopping.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR84FoObNNI"]Time Lapse Video Shows Model s Photoshop Transformation - YouTube[/ame]

The model did this to show how Photoshopping makes women in magazines look so good that young women are given a role model that's unattainable. It's a very interesting watch.

I think there should be disclaimers on airbrushed ads.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI8j_S3Y8MQ"]Celebrity Without Makeup - 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Some of those transformations are astounding and others pretty much look the same, JMO.

I saw the couple (in a tv interview) who made the photoshop transformation video. The wife is in the pic and the hubby did the photoshopping to show just what photoshopping has done to the images of women in the media today. Apparently he does photoshopping for a living but the whole thing took a long time for them to set up and do. It's very interesting to see how very distorted the images we see of people are.

Looking up "worst photoshop" on google and you will see some pretty funny botched jobs.

I never photoshop my pictures. I'm just a natural beauty...

Attachments

• Perdy.JPG
    Perdy.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 52
Amanda seyfreid, about 20 seconds in....the first photo is better, looks more photoshopped than the second!

(Edited, I'll never get this touchpad right and autocorrect is reading somebody else's mind, not mine)

Personally, I am glad to know that Goldie Hawn actually looks her age without makeup. I was beginning to think that woman had made a deal with the devil. I think she's pushing 70, but every time I see her on tv she looks the same. Like for the last 30 years.

Before I got into photography I used to scoff at Photoshop'd/airbrushed images… now, my instant reaction is "dayummmm, that is some mad Photoshop skills… wish I could do that" lol (actually, I'm pretty good at technical retouching, like pushing brightness/contrast and balancing colors… but I have never been good at creative retouching, like skin/body manipulation. Creative retouching takes a lot of talent… it is not easy, at all)

I'll just stick with what the good Lord gave me. He took a few parts, but it was for my own health and not my beauty! :floorlaugh:

Oh Steely, I'm both gorgeous and photoshop gorgeous. You know that!

It always used to bother me in modelling that once they took your pictures they could photoshop a new eye on you if they thought it'd make you look better... I looked fine without photoshop, and I was covered in enough makeup that I couldn't touch my face without making little lines in my skin.

I remember editing my friend's pictures to make him look better, get rid of his acne, but I never touched my face up at all. I didn't need it, it was a point of pride in my teen years, now that I've turned twenty it's been like acne central over here though!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back