Charles "Tex" Watson

defense101

Reaction score
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The self-described right-hand man of cult leader Charles Manson, who was convicted of orchestrating the Tate-LaBianca slayings 42 years ago, has his latest parole hearing scheduled Wednesday in a California prison.
Charles "Tex" Watson, 65, has been denied parole 13 times but will try again during a hearing at Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, in the Sierra foothills 50 miles southeast of Sacramento.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45319678/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.TsPh9UMr2so

Lets hope he fails again!:furious:

I think all of these parole hearings are just protocol. Going through the motions as is legally required. None of them are going anywhere. Where would they go even if there was a chance to get out anyhow? Their entire lives have been spent in jail.

Yeah, no worries. He's not going anywhere.

When his victims are freed from their graves to be with their families again is when he needs to be free to be with his family. They didn't get a second chance, and he doesn't deserve one either.

This infuriates me!

Watson married and divorced in prison and has four children from conjugal visits, but his family did not respond to a request for comment that was left through the website that promotes Watson's prison ministry,

What is up with the conjugal visits? This man was sentenced to death and he's getting conjugal visits in jail? I thought that when the death penalty was abolished that the sentences were commuted to life without parole. I wonder why they weren't.

This infuriates me!

What is up with the conjugal visits? This man was sentenced to death and he's getting conjugal visits in jail? I thought that when the death penalty was abolished that the sentences were commuted to life without parole. I wonder why they weren't.

Commuted to life with parole.It's a damn shame that this kind of monster can procreate isn't it..when little baby Paul died inside of his beautiful mother without ever having his first breath of air.

I wish they ALL would have been executed.

Commuted to life with parole.It's a damn shame that this kind of monster can procreate isn't it..when little baby Paul died inside of his beautiful mother without ever having his first breath of air.

I wish they ALL would have been executed.

Me too.:banghead:

This infuriates me!

I believe it's because LWOP wasn't a common sentence in those days. It has since become quite common and I find it an excellent alternative to the death penalty.

I'm not sure I understand the basic principle behind conjugal visits. Obviously, the freedom of any prisoner is greatly curtailed; why does he retain some sort of right to procreate?

Do conjugal visits really serve to cut down on prison rapes? I doubt it, but if so, that might justify the practice.

iirc, LWOP was not an option (statutory) in California, back in the day when DP sentences were reduced.

Scroll to this bolded section of the wiki article: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_California"]Capital punishment in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

1972 suspension of capital punishment

imo, conjugal visits should be restricted, and those who have taken lives should not get the opportunity to enjoy such benefits and thereby possibly procreate.

I doubt that the practice cuts-down on prison rapes...different 'breed' of prisoners, violent during incarceration.

If used at all, the privilege should be reserved for The Best of The Best, not just the opposite as in the case of Tex Watson.

Is also serving a life sentence for the Tate/LaBianca murders, and is currently housed in Mule Creek State Prison in Northern California. During his time in prison, Watson has converted to Christianity, written several books, married, fathered four children and trained as a minister of religion. His wife, Kristin and their family live close to the prison where she operates a Web site for their ministry called Abounding Love Ministries, Inc.

On October 10, 2001, Watson was turned down again for parole at his thirteenth parole hearing and was told not to apply for another four years.

The Associated Press stated, "Watson made a personal appeal to the two-member panel of the California Board of Prison Terms, saying he takes full responsibility for his crimes and is now a different person who would never do such things again." However, a prison correctional counselor said that "Watson still poses an unpredictable threat to the community should he be released."

Debra Tate, the sister of the brutally murdered Sharon Tate Polanski, tearfully urged the board to deny Watson's request.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/manson/now_9.html

IIRC those conjugal visits are no longer allowed... and never should have been IMO.

IIRC those conjugal visits are no longer allowed... and never should have been IMO.

I agree. Maybe for shorter prison terms ( 5-7 years or less perhaps) where the prisoner will actually get out of jail & try to resume a ' normal' life. But jail/prison is supposed to be a punishment, not a country club!

Were they not on welfare and pumping out his spawn? That is wrong on multiple levels. Let me hook-up with an inmate, get married in jail while he is serving life, and get conjugals where protection is not required, and then let the State foot the bill for the babies? Insanity at its finest.

From all of the research I did on these animals, this guy almost scares me more the ole Charlie. I think there is something really wrong with Charlie and that he's crazy. This guy.... seems to me to be just evil. They are all evil imo but Tex is a few deeper levels of evil.

From all of the research I did on these animals, this guy almost scares me more the ole Charlie. I think there is something really wrong with Charlie and that he's crazy. This guy.... seems to me to be just evil. They are all evil imo but Tex is a few deeper levels of evil.

I wholeheartedly agree. He did the actual murders. Manson may have ordered the murders but Watson did the deed. Too scary and unpredictable for release. He seems to be doing quite well in prison. Best leave well enough alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back