GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfieTX

Reaction score
03-abigail-hernandez-3-jpg.jpg

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/co...teen/-/9857858/22365378/-/6qmpqd/-/index.html

Conway police were searching for a 14-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday afternoon.

Authorities said Abigail Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennet High School on foot around 2:30 p.m.

Based on a K-9 track, police think she did arrive at her home on Village Way in North Conway, but she wasn't there by the time her mother got home.

Hernandez was described as 5 feet 4 inches tall and 118 pounds, with brown hair and eyes and an olive complexion. She was last seen wearing black yoga pants and a grey sweatshirt.

Anyone with information is urged to call Conway police at 603-356-5715.
Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/co.../22365378/-/6qmpqd/-/index.html#ixzz2hK6rICQW

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Hollye's key points map: Key points
Hollye's full map: Full map

NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 **MEDIA THREAD **NO DISCUSSION**

AmandaReckonwith's Case Archive

Hi. I'm new. Of course, this is obvious based on my unfamiliar username and my low post count. ;)

I don't think I've got anything groundbreaking to say, but felt I should at least introduce myself as I've been lurking on this forum for days now. When Abby first went missing, all I could think of was poor, sweet Celina Cass. She seemingly vanished without a trace, but based on the dramatic (and probably violent) nature of her disappearance/demise, clues also emerged more quickly. Now, the news outlets are silent as I'm sure the investigation of what really happened to that charming young lady continues under all of our radars. This feels so different from that resigned silence. I fluctuate between feeling like LE has something big that they're holding onto and keeping quiet so as not to ruin their chances of pursuing the lead, and feeling like there's not even a shred of hope that dear Abby will be located.

Until last year, I had lived in New Hampshire all my life. I've since relocated to Vermont (a big change, actually, if you think of the drastically different politics of those two New England states). I've dedicated my adult life to exploring New England and knowing its terrain, villages and towns, legend and lore, and its silent secrets. There are so many areas of New Hampshire especially that are inaccessible by traditional means. It's easy to get turned around on the roads in the northern part of the state, and I would imagine that there are miles of ATV/snowmobile trails that are difficult to map. The Great North Woods are just that: great, and vast, and seemingly interminable. Since the Errol Revelation, I've found it a little easier to believe that Abby might be alive and well and comfortable hiding out in some wooded retreat.

After all, if someone snatched her maliciously, why would they take her out in public for the world to see at a well-known and loved sporting goods store not terribly far from her home? Of course, that also calls into question <modsnip>, but I'm still at the place where I'd like to think positively.

Thanks for reading my babble. I'm looking forward to participating in a substantive way in these discussions.

Ms. F

Welcome to Websleuths, msfortunate!

:welcome5:

MOD NOTE

Once again:

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
  • We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
  • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
  • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
  • Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
  • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
  • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

FINAL WARNING -- TO's will follow, no questions asked.

*This post falls at random and applies to everyone, and no one in particular.

Hi. I'm new. Of course, this is obvious based on my unfamiliar username and my low post count. ;)

I don't think I've got anything groundbreaking to say, but felt I should at least introduce myself as I've been lurking on this forum for days now. When Abby first went missing, all I could think of was poor, sweet Celina Cass. She seemingly vanished without a trace, but based on the dramatic (and probably violent) nature of her disappearance/demise, clues also emerged more quickly. Now, the news outlets are silent as I'm sure the investigation of what really happened to that charming young lady continues under all of our radars. This feels so different from that resigned silence. I fluctuate between feeling like LE has something big that they're holding onto and keeping quiet so as not to ruin their chances of pursuing the lead, and feeling like there's not even a shred of hope that dear Abby will be located.

Until last year, I had lived in New Hampshire all my life. I've since relocated to Vermont (a big change, actually, if you think of the drastically different politics of those two New England states). I've dedicated my adult life to exploring New England and knowing its terrain, villages and towns, legend and lore, and its silent secrets. There are so many areas of New Hampshire especially that are inaccessible by traditional means. It's easy to get turned around on the roads in the northern part of the state, and I would imagine that there are miles of ATV/snowmobile trails that are difficult to map. The Great North Woods are just that: great, and vast, and seemingly interminable. Since the Errol Revelation, I've found it a little easier to believe that Abby might be alive and well and comfortable hiding out in some wooded retreat.

After all, if someone snatched her maliciously, why would they take her out in public for the world to see at a well-known and loved sporting goods store not terribly far from her home? Of course, that also calls into question the alleged sighting itself in my mind, but I'm still at the place where I'd like to think positively.

Thanks for reading my babble. I'm looking forward to participating in a substantive way in these discussions.

Ms. F

:welcome: out of lurkdom MsFortunate. Glad you decided to get your feet wet. Look foward to hearing your thoughts on this case.

hey guys, here's an interesting one for ya.... my next door neighbor is a young guy and he travels all over nh and MA and ME for his business, he has just in the last 5 mins told me that he just got back from the conway area and he said that last night and early this morning there was heavy state police presence up all over that area.... he was saying how upsetting it is that abby hasn't been found (he knows i am following the case and thought i would want to know) but what the point is, is he said just from observing in his travels that he does not think LE is even CLOSE to giving up...

Thread 7... LUCKY 7 please!! Where are you Abby?

This alleged "sighting" is nothing more than a FB RUMOR at this point. I want to make that very clear so no one reading here will be misled. It's a RUMOR, and RUMORS are not allowed in the discussions at WS.

Thanks, Bessie. Does this also apply to the discussions about the Facebook comments about an Abby sighting on the Kanc Highway and about Abby having previously runaway to Tennessee?
For the time being, Cheese, the answer is yes. It applies to the above. If that changes, we'll let you know.

And for those who might've forgotten, sleuthing FB posters and posting their names is never allowed.

Thanks.

Is 7 threads a lot for a case? In a month?

I'd say it is above average, but not as fast as some of the really hot cases. For example, the discussions about the Sky Metalwala and Kelli Bordeaux cases both reached the 7th thread in two weeks.

yes, it is A LOT of threads in this short amount of time IMO. I mean nothing else by saying what so many others have said here at certain times - Abby is young and white-appearing, with no apparent shady history, so that helps with the increased interest from everywhere.

I'd say it is above average, but not as fast as some of the really hot cases. For example, the discussions about the Sky Metalwala and Kelli Bordeaux cases both reached the 7th thread in two weeks.

Beats me. I came here for Dylan Redwine and that one ended up going to 40-odd threads before it was shut down, deconstructed and reassembled under Hot Cases. That was a heck of an introduction to WS. I am surprised that this one is still as active as it is without a named POI or concrete line of LE thinking.

Beats me. I came here for Dylan Redwine

Oh geez I'm cracking up. Baby Lisa brought me here which of course has gone way beyond a month, then Dylan... And thinking about it I am surprised this has gotten to 7 threads in a month, with so little information about Abby's disappearance... Personally I won't rest until we have some resolution, I am a one case at a time sleuther, I try but struggle to do more, stubborn, sucky attention span, poor concentration, I'm not sure but Abby stole my attention and I can't let go.

Does anyone remember a posting about two kids who ran away from MA who were headed to Northern New Hampshire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni