FAQs

Do you think adding a FAQ section to CKIA is a good idea?

• YES

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Yes, and I'll help you come up with questions!

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I really don't care, but I'm reading your thread anyway.

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • NO

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • What's CKIA?

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • CKIA = clevelandkidnappings.com

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

ckia2013

Reaction score
Website
www.clevelandkidnappings.com
Dear brilliant, innovative websleuthers:

We would be ever so grateful for your help creating a FAQ page.

Specifically, what do you think should be included?

Just to give you an idea of where we're headed:

How can I help Amanda, Gina, & Michelle?
Did any of the girls try to escape before May 6, 2013?
How did Ariel Castro lure the girls into his house?
Why isn't Michelle participating in the book?

We've thought of a whole bunch more, but I would love to find out what you guys think! It has truly been a pleasure interacting with many of you, and I respect your opinions greatly.

C'mon, CazzBa & NikB.... I know you want to answer! lol :uthere:

I would ask... what would be their be advice for any other females who are held captive.

I understand ck means Cleveland kidnappings(thanks to you ckia2013), but what does the ia part mean?

We've thought of a whole bunch more, but I would love to find out what you guys think! It has truly been a pleasure interacting with many of you, and I respect your opinions greatly.

Well, since you asked...:)

I'm not an expert on writing FAQs of any kind, and this wouldn't really be an answer to a specific question per se, but I suppose you could specifically address some of the myths that are still flying around.

As an example, a surprising number of people (IMO) seem to think that all three women were kept in Castro's basement the entire time they were held captive. Also, there's Michelle Knight needing facial reconstructive surgery (a myth IIRC) and having a mental disability. The three naked women on dog leashes in the backyard would be another...

Speaking of myths, you could address the whole Charles Ramsey thing...Although I guess it's a matter of opinion whether the man is mythical or just his story.

I admit, I peeked first to see what ckia means.

One question I have for the 3 brave ladies is:

During your imprisonment, did your mind ever go to wondering how your days in Castro's house would end - either at the hand of Castro, or did you ever consider the possibility that you'd one day be free again?

I admit, I peeked first to see what ckia means.

One question I have for the 3 brave ladies is:

During your imprisonment, did your mind ever go to wondering how your days in Castro's house would end - either at the hand of Castro, or did you ever consider the possibility that you'd one day be free again?

Great question! But, just to be clear, these FAQs are for our website visitors-- not for Amanda, Gina, and Michelle. The questions that CazzBa posted are the types of questions we're looking for. If we ever interact with the girls, we'll most certainly ask your question though!! Thank you for responding =) and LOL re: peeking!!

Well, since you asked...:)

I'm not an expert on writing FAQs of any kind, and this wouldn't really be an answer to a specific question per se, but I suppose you could specifically address some of the myths that are still flying around.

As an example, a surprising number of people (IMO) seem to think that all three women were kept in Castro's basement the entire time they were held captive. Also, there's Michelle Knight needing facial reconstructive surgery (a myth IIRC) and having a mental disability. The three naked women on dog leashes in the backyard would be another...

Speaking of myths, you could address the whole Charles Ramsey thing...Although I guess it's a matter of opinion whether the man is mythical or just his story.

PERFECT... these are EXACTLY the types of questions we're looking for. Thank you, CazzBa =) If you ever want to become a moderator for CKIA, let me know!!

Great question! But, just to be clear, these FAQs are for our website visitors-- not for Amanda, Gina, and Michelle. The questions that CazzBa posted are the types of questions we're looking for. If we ever interact with the girls, we'll most certainly ask your question though!! Thank you for responding =) and LOL re: peeking!!
Okay. I think I understand now. Some questions I can think of:

How many times did LE respond to complaints about suspicious incidents at Castro's house while the women were there?

Within what distance did the 3 women's disappearance occur?

Since Amanda and Gina were still in high school when they were kidnapped, are they now working on completing their GED's? Did Michelle help them continue with their studies while they were in captivity?

Was a connection between the 3 disappearances ever made before the women escaped?

How many times did LE respond to complaints about suspicious incidents at Castro's house while the women were there?

Since Amanda and Gina were still in high school when they were kidnapped, are they now working on completing their GED's? Did Michelle help them continue with their studies while they were in captivity?

Was a connection between the 3 disappearances ever made before the women escaped?

YES, YES, YES!! EXACTLY.... thank you, Anna (love your user name, btw!).
We will absolutely include those questions (and credit you).

How could Michelle possibly help them to continue their studies? Michelle herself did not get a good education. And she dropped out of school.

"“I wasn’t allowed out. I wasn’t allowed to have friends,” Knight said. She claimed Barbara Knight wanted to keep her daughter uneducated to enable her to collect Supplemental Security income."
http://www.today.com/news/michelle-knight-castro-convinced-me-my-family-didnt-care-8C11542378

:) Thank you for asking! Somehow I missed this thread before. Oh my where to even start with questions. I think the ones that have been brought up already are good ones.

I don't know how much emphasis you would want to put on Amanda/AC's daughter, but if you do want to include her in the FAQs I'd like to know more about how often she went out and interacted with others (especially other kids), and how much interaction she had with Michelle and Gina.

Is it true that AC called Amanda's mother and told her Amanda was safe and that they were together? (or at one point I think I read or saw a rumor that he said they'd gotten married)

How many times were people suspicious about something being not quite right in the house? (odd noises, loud radios, AC weird about them going anywhere except the main room, using the back door only, etc.) I'm curious about LE visits, but also curious about the other times people said they thought something was off.

Did the staff at nearby stores/fast food restaurants ever take notice of him? I can see why they might not, but it does seem that if they saw for example a single male coming in a lot buying diapers (if he did), or he was at McDonald's daily getting several meals, did it ever strike them as odd?

Did all 3 girls attend the same school(s)? If so, did he drive the school bus for one or more of them? (I know there was stuff about this early on but I've honestly forgotten the details)

If they did all attend the same school(s) at roughly the same time, did any of their classmates make a connection that the cases might be related? I know that Michelle is older, but it sounds like she was held back and/or in special ed classes in school, so she might've been there longer than your average teen would be. ETA: oops probably scratch at least part of this question. I had forgotten until I read jjenny's post that Michelle dropped out of school. I still wonder if it was possible, but sounds unlikely.

I'm sure I'll think of more but hope this is good for now. I'll keep an eye on this thread now that I know it's here.

I can go to my local McDonalds and buy 10 burgers every day. Nobody is going to care.
Generally sales people don't know if someone is single or not. And even if that someone is single, and sales people know it, he has relatives he could have been buying fast food for.
The same goes for diapers. He had grandchildren he could have been buying diapers for. Assuming any sales people would even notice or care to begin with.

Did all 3 girls attend the same school(s)? If so, did he drive the school bus for one or more of them? (I know there was stuff about this early on but I've honestly forgotten the details)

Michelle said in the Dr. Phil interview that one of the first times she spoke with Amanda, they talked briefly about how they "remembered" one another from school, (specifically what school and when is unknown) which to me suggested that they had seen one another but never met before being abducted, which makes sense, given that they were almost certainly in different grades.

IIRC, Amanda and Gina also went to the same middle school, although I don't know if they knew one another there (or at least knew of each other) or if they even attended that school at the same time. Again, different the girls were in different grades.

As for him being their school bus driver at some point, we don't know for sure, but I suspect not - I think if Castro had been their bus driver at some point, that fact would have been discovered and made public by LE or prosecutors during the legal proceedings.

JMO

Found some info about the bus driver thing. CKIA I thought this might help you out with at least that question. :) There are a number of references but these were the best ones. Another post mentions that in the Anderson Cooper story it's confirmed that he was a middle school bus driver (the post didn't have a link so I'm guessing the poster was listening live to the broadcast).

Here are the links and snips. Also some below about the possible special education classes for Gina and Michelle.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/ariel_castro_police_reports_re.html#incart_m-rpt-2
<snippet below:>
Police also detailed an incident involving Castro's job as a bus driver for Cleveland schools. In January 2004, a special education student at Wade Park Elementary School was left on Castro's bus after another student was dropped off, according to a Cleveland police report. The student said Castro drove to a Wendy's restaurant and told the student to "lay down b----" while he went inside to eat. He then took the student home.

Officers went to Castro's home, but he wasn't home. He was not charged.

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/d...ss/story-fndir2ev-1226639008389#ixzz2TYHtkfKd
<snippet below>
(Ariel Castro) was my bus driver, also," Ms Rogers said. 'He'd wink at me and… ugh.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...-suspect-us-kidnapping-jekyll-and-hyde-figure
<snippet below>
For 22 years, Castro drove school buses, but not without a number of incidents that ultimately led to his firing in November 2012 from a job that paid $18.91 a hour, the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper reported.

In 2004, he left a special-education pupil alone in a parked bus while he grabbed a burger. In 2009 he was suspended for an illegal U-turn. In 2012 he improperly used a bus to go shopping, earning a second suspension.

The final straw came last year when he walked away from his vehicle at an elementary school two blocks from his home for a couple of hours "to rest," according to school board records.

Also according to this article: http://www.policymic.com/articles/4...t-who-were-the-3-women-kidnapped-for-10-years
<snippet below>
Gina was a special education student at Wilbur Wright Middle School.

I can't find an article confirming this, but in several of the early posts it's stated Gina was 14 but in 7th grade, and might've had special education type needs such as reading even if she was fully functioning in most ways. Ariel's daughter who was Gina's friend as a couple of years older I think.

There's also this article: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...ed-missing-in-cleveland-in-2002#ixzz2Sexq2uEK
<snippet below>
With Knight's mental abnormalities remarked in the police report, it's of note that near the time of DeJesus’ disappearance in April 2004, NewsChannel5 reported that she was a special education student at Wilbur Wright Middle School.

Now... I don't know if the school bus driving and the special education things are related and haven't been able to find anything one way or another on that yet, but at least I found the info on why I kept thinking there might be some connection there.

According to the internet - CKIA ia a french language Canadian radio station in Quebec City. So adding a FAQ section would be a good idea.:twocents:

Thank you for the responses, guys! =) For organizational purposes, here is a list of what has been suggested in this thread:

Questions inspired by the myths that CazzBa suggested we address:
- Does Michelle need facial reconstructive surgery?
- Does Michelle have a mental disability?
- Did Ariel Castro really have Amanda, Gina, and Michelle naked on dog leashes in his backyard?
- What was Charles Ramsey's role in Amanda Berry's escape?

Questions suggested by Indy Anna:
- How many times-- and why-- did police go to Ariel Castro's house during the time period in which Castro held the girls captive?
- Within what distance did Amanda, Gina, and Michelles' disappearances occur?
- Given that Amanda was in high school and Gina was in middle school when they were kidnapped, are they now working on completing their GEDs?
- Was a connection among the disappearances of Amanda, Gina, and Michelle ever made before they escaped?

Questions suggested by NikB:
- How much, if at all, did Amanda's daughter interact with Gina and Michelle?
- Did Ariel Castro really call Amanda Berry's mother? If so, what did he say?
- What, if anything, did people find suspicious about the 2207 Seymour Avenue house?
- Did all three girls attend the same school(s)?
- Was Ariel Castro ever a bus driver for Amanda, Gina, or Michelle?

Questions inspired by Meryl12:​
- What is "CKIA"?
- Who runs clevelandkidnappings.com?

I obviously re-worded some of the questions, and we will likely polish them up before we publish them on our website. The goal right now is simply to consolidate the great suggestions we have so far in hopes that it will be easier for newbies and lurkers to suggest some more questions without having to read through the whole thread! Hopefully they can make it through this longass post though =)

:loveyou:
Thanks again to those of you who have responded, and please feel free to add more questions anytime you think of them! Also, if you guys (CazzBa, NikB, etc.) or anyone else would like access to the FAQ page before we publish it to the internet-- either to add questions, to answer questions (you will be credited!), or to evaluate/edit our answers, please email us (admin@clevelandkidnappings.com) or shoot me a message on here, and we will set it up so that you have access. The only requirement is that you aren't a troll (we have very few here, whew) and that you have contributed helpful posts to the general discussion thread.

Perhaps a question could be asked about "Were there any missed clues that could have lead to their rescue earlier?"

I've looked into this topic, and from what I've seen there was not much. In Michelle Knight's case there was literally nothing that could've been used since it appears the family felt she may have run away, but if the family treated it under an Amber Alert like scenario and put up missing flyers everywhere, I do think it's possible they could have found her within a few weeks. I don't have much info on this one, I have heard they made *some* efforts but they were mostly minimal.

In Amanda Berry's case it appears there were literally no clues at all, besides possibly surveillance footage from nearby stores? I'm not sure.

In the case of Gina DeJesus, it appears they did have some information. Castro himself admitted that he should've been caught on school surveillance cameras, but one thing I noticed, in the earliest reports, it was mentioned that a student saw Gina get into a car with a stranger, and a description of the car and part of the license plate was even mentioned. Has anyone ever looked into this and found out if Castro's car matched the description? Even a few weeks after the abduction, most reports I read on Gina missing no longer appeared to include this, but I felt this information could've been extremely useful. It suggested that she knew her captor (which she did) and I think it would suggest she wasn't being used for human trafficking.

Perhaps a question could be asked about "Were there any missed clues that could have lead to their rescue earlier?"

I've looked into this topic, and from what I've seen there was not much. In Michelle Knight's case there was literally nothing that could've been used since it appears the family felt she may have run away, but if the family treated it under an Amber Alert like scenario and put up missing flyers everywhere, I do think it's possible they could have found her within a few weeks. I don't have much info on this one, I have heard they made *some* efforts but they were mostly minimal.

In Amanda Berry's case it appears there were literally no clues at all, besides possibly surveillance footage from nearby stores? I'm not sure.

In the case of Gina DeJesus, it appears they did have some information. Castro himself admitted that he should've been caught on school surveillance cameras, but one thing I noticed, in the earliest reports, it was mentioned that a student saw Gina get into a car with a stranger, and a description of the car and part of the license plate was even mentioned. Has anyone ever looked into this and found out if Castro's car matched the description? Even a few weeks after the abduction, most reports I read on Gina missing no longer appeared to include this, but I felt this information could've been extremely useful. It suggested that she knew her captor (which she did) and I think it would suggest she wasn't being used for human trafficking.

Great question, thanks! Regarding the witness issue, I *think* you may be referring to the Poindexter brothers, Eric and Brian. We added an interview with Eric on our website (you can watch it HERE). Preliminary thoughts on Eric's story: Assuming he's telling the truth, it was probably not Gina. He said that the "little girl" was wearing tight black pants and a gray puffy jacket..........but Gina was wearing blue jeans and a white jacket. I'm trying to find out more information about the license plate (it's not helping that I'm reading about two different plates). We'll definitely add it to the FAQ page and link you when we're done =)

Thanks again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back