GUILTY WI - Christopher Gray, 27, beaten to death, Milwaukee, 18 Nov 2013

Justiceforever

Reaction score
A popular well loved,respected club promoter was killed after walking in on a home intrusion. He confronted the robbers and a fight ensued, Christopher Gray Jr. suffered injuries during the fight that killed him.

More than 100 people turned out for a vigil Monday night.

"Chris brought the community together. That's why he was an entertainment organizer. He loved everyone," Gray's Aunt Barbara said.

"Chris has never been the type of person to do wrong to anybody," Barbara said.

investigators are searching for the two people. Police believe they knew Gray. Anyone with information is asked to call Milwaukee police at 414-933-4444.

RIP Calykris Gray. My condolences to your family and friends.

calykris gray.jpg

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east.../23025302/-/cn9ro7/-/index.html#ixzz2l79ZHafa

rip.jpg

Another image on FB as tribute to Chris Gray. This man well liked and respected in the Milwaukee club scene.

Police think someone who knows him may have been involved.

They are looking for 2 people.

Can I include a link to his FB page?

The killer may very well be in his friends list.

Christopher gray Jr. RIP

FOX6 News has learned the man killed, Christopher Gray, was a well-known club promoter in Milwaukee who had a lot of friends and fans.

Gray is better known by his nickname, “Caly Kris.”

“He’s got two sons — without a father,” community activist Tory Lowe said.

“Just to remember that he was a good person and whatever happened he didn`t deserve. He didn`t deserve this. He loved, loved, loved people — not just his family. He loved people. Gentle giant is what he was,” Cassandra Buloy said.

Messages flooded Twitter on Monday as folks learned of his death, including an RIP message from former Bucks player Brandon Jennings.

http://fox6now.com/2013/11/18/police-investigate-death-of-27-year-old-man/

Wanted: Two men involved in the home invasion that resulted in the death of Christopher Gray. Anyone with information is asked to call Milwaukee police at 414-933-4444.

"Gray died from blunt force trauma, Lt. Mark Stanmeyer said Tuesday."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ear-top-2012-total-b99145606z1-232481491.html

The suspects have still not been caught. Le indicated that the killers may have known him and possibly targeted him.

"Family and friends gathered Monday night for a vigil outside the home of Gray, a popular Milwaukee club promoter known as Caly Kris, and colleagues will collect donations for Gray's family Wednesday night at Suite Night Club on N. Old World 3rd St."

FYI

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

:seeya:

FYI

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

:seeya:

BBM I guess that means it's okay to put up the link to his FB? The only reason I asked is because police seem to think he knew the killers.

What do ya'll think, should I post it. Do you think it might be helpful in finding who kill this man?

Thank you so much for your answer.

Yeah, so after much consideration, I've decided not to post his FB page. I'ma leave this one to MPD and my fellow sleuthers. God Bless and Rest peacefully Christopher Gray Jr.

Suspects still at large.

Friends and family of slain club promoter attended an event at Brooklyns, where Gray hung out and bar-tended part time, to honor him.

"He was just a kind spirit, he always made you laugh," said Shantel Stovall, owner of Brooklyn's. "He would just brighten up your day."

"He was a good dude. He wasn't in the streets," Gardner said Sunday at Brooklyn's. "He didn't deserve that."

b99149777z.1_20131124203824_000_g6f3k78o.1-1.jpg

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ling-b99149777z1-233241851.html#ixzz2lelXW2AV Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

I am happy to say that 1 man has been charged and 2 arrested in the gruesome bludgeoning death of Christopher Gray Jr.

"Jonathan O. Sellers, 22, of Milwaukee was arrested Friday and charged Tuesday with burglary. A 16-year-old boy and a 34-year-old Milwaukee man were arrested within the last 24 hours in connection with Gray's death, Lt. Mark Stanmeyer said Tuesday afternoon."

The other two individuals remained in the car. Sellers and the teen ransacked the house, looking for electronics and other valuables. When they heard the garage door open, the teen grabbed a hammer from the kitchen, and the two attacked Gray when he walked into the house, chasing him into an alley.

Sellers told police he pushed Gray and that the teen hit Gray several times in the head with the hammer. Sellers grabbed the money and an iPhone from Gray's pocket, and he and the teen ran until they were picked up in the car by the other two individuals.

Police linked Sellers to the crime scene with fingerprint evidence, the complaint says.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...oter-b99151019z1-233470321.html#ixzz2ls0EcTNU
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

So the TEEN was the killer, and they grabbed things from a drying man's pockets.... so sad. I am glad they were stupid enough to leave fingerprints at the scene.

http://fox6now.com/2015/03/20/jonat...-in-prison-in-death-of-popular-club-promoter/

A Milwaukee County judge sentenced Jonathan Sellers on to 17.5 years in prison and another 12.5 years of extended supervision for his role in Gray’s death... Sellers pleaded guilty to felony murder...

Police initially arrested four people in this case. However, prosecutors said they only had enough evidence to charge two people.

Melvin Jones was 16 at the time of the crime, but he’s charged as an adult. He changed his plea to ‘guilty’ earlier this month and will be sentenced in May.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back