CA CA - Los Angeles, HispFem 155UFCA, 14-24, in South Central alley, Dec'92

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a case that hasn't gotten much attention. This girl was found in an alley behind a burger joint on the corner of Gage and San Pedro Street. This is a pretty rough part of town just south of downtown Los Angeles.

NamUs has her listed as between 14 and 24, but based on the postmortem photo, I would guess that she isn't much more than 16.

The official recon doesn't look very close IMO, so I spent a few hours today putting together a recon of my own. I think I captured her overall look pretty accurately.

The Doe Network:
Case File 155UFCA
155UFCA
NamUs UP#3761 <defunct link>

70794c55-6955-48fb-b7f8-a7d53111de18.jpg
155UFCA.jpg

Unidentified Hispanic Female

Located on December 9, 1992 in South Central Los Angeles, California
Cause of death was multiple stab wounds.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: Over 14 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 4'6''; 127 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black mid-back length hair; brown eyes. Medium build; dark complexion.
Clothing: White shirt, white dress with suspenders and black leather belt with a silver tip, white bra, purple under-slip, white panites.. Barefoot. Inexpensive, silvertone band rings on right middle and index finger.

Case History
On December 9, 1992, this victim was found in a black plastic trash bag in an alley at the rear of 6225 South San Pedro Street, South Central Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly Amanda Rivera, who went missing Oct 5th 1990 from San Diego California?http://doenetwork.org/cases/292dfca.html

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: August 23, 1976
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 110 lbs
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Light brown hair; brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Scar on right hand.
•Clothing: Black shorts
•Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Rivera was last seen as she was dropped off on Nobel Street in Spring Valley, California on October 5, 1990

Charlene Candace Catholique very strongly resembles this Jane Doe.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/235dfnwt.html

316a90be-cbd1-4c73-8528-45841da84638.jpg
70794c55-6955-48fb-b7f8-a7d53111de18.jpg

But she is nearly a foot too tall (if you presume that the height listings are correct).

Also not sure how she would have ended up in South Central LA from the Northwest Territories in Canada two years later. But there is a solid facial resemblance.

bump for this poor young girl. i wonder if she was wearing a school uniform?

Did this woman have dwarfism?

I can't see any adult woman that does not have dwarfism having a height of 4'6. That's tiny.

Also if she were 127 pounds at 4'6 she'd be obese. While she doesn't look terribly thin in the face she doesn't look like she'd be obese.

But, if she is really 4'6 she should be fairly easy to identify, correct?

Did this woman have dwarfism?

I can't see any adult woman that does not have dwarfism having a height of 4'6. That's tiny.

Also if she were 127 pounds at 4'6 she'd be obese. While she doesn't look terribly thin in the face she doesn't look like she'd be obese.

But, if she is really 4'6 she should be fairly easy to identify, correct?

It is more likely that she was 5 feet 4 inches and someone accidentally noted it as 54 inches. Then someone else read 54 inches and translated back to 4 feet 6 inches. That happens more often than I would like to believe. LOL.

Possibly Amanda Rivera, who went missing Oct 5th 1990 from San Diego California?The Doe Network: Case File 292DFCA

Vital Statistics
&#8226;Date Of Birth: August 23, 1976
&#8226;Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
&#8226;Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 110 lbs
&#8226;Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Light brown hair; brown eyes.
&#8226;Marks, Scars: Scar on right hand.
&#8226;Clothing: Black shorts
&#8226;Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Rivera was last seen as she was dropped off on Nobel Street in Spring Valley, California on October 5, 1990

Dentals for Amanda Rivera now available, same for UID, so she's a rule-out I suppose as long as someone called the idea in, unless she was sent in before the dental info went in and maybe someone needs to send her in again just to make sure the dentals definitely get compared?
<defunct link>

EDIT: Emailed it in to Carrie Sutherland, might as well just in case

Maria Medina? She went missing from the area in 1989, and does bear some resemblance to the unidentified girl. She has a pretty prominent birthmark on her leg that's not mentioned in the unidentified girl's NamUs profile, though, so it seems like a stretch.
<defunct link>

any new information on this case? she was so young. someone must be looking for her or missing her

4'6" is very petite, but I've known a lot of women around that size. (Both my grandmother and step-grandma were 4'8" while at least one of my grandmother's sisters was 4'6") It's not terribly uncommon among Latin American, Native, and Asian women. Ethnic Mongolians (male and female) rarely reach 5 feet. Of course, I think this Jane Doe was quite young and maybe had a few inches left to grow.

Dawn nakedhead
<defunct link>

The parking lot where she was found belongs to a Tam's Burgers fast food restaurant. Not sure if it was the same place back in 1992. The Tam's chain has been around since before then but they have multiple locations -- <defunct link>

Dentals for Amanda Rivera now available, same for UID, so she's a rule-out I suppose as long as someone called the idea in, unless she was sent in before the dental info went in and maybe someone needs to send her in again just to make sure the dentals definitely get compared?
<defunct link>

EDIT: Emailed it in to Carrie Sutherland, might as well just in case

Did you ever hear back from Carrie? Looks like Amanda could be a pretty good match and there are still no ruleouts listed for this Jane Doe.

Maria Medina? She went missing from the area in 1989, and does bear some resemblance to the unidentified girl. She has a pretty prominent birthmark on her leg that's not mentioned in the unidentified girl's NamUs profile, though, so it seems like a stretch.
<defunct link>

Did anyone submit? Looks like she could be a pretty good match and worth confirming whether it's a ruleout...

Some ideas:

Angelica Longoria
CA - CA - Angelica Longoria, 15, El Monte, 23 Nov 1985
<defunct link>
Missing since 11/23/85 from El Monte, CA (20 miles away)
4'8" tall

Eleuteria Chavez
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chavez_eleuteria.html
<defunct link>
Missing since 11/26/89 from Tijuana, Mexico (225 miles away)
4'10" tall

Lillian Estrada
CA - CA - Lillian Irene Estrada, 16, Spring Valley, 29 Sept 1990
<defunct link>
Missing since 9/29/90 from Spring Valley, CA (130 miles away)
5'1" tall

It is more likely that she was 5 feet 4 inches and someone accidentally noted it as 54 inches. Then someone else read 54 inches and translated back to 4 feet 6 inches. That happens more often than I would like to believe. LOL.

It's possible that they wrote the height wrong. 5"4 seems more plausible, the heights are off but stranger things have happened, that's why I suggested Dawn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back