Can you imagine???

gatetrekker44 said:
Being a parent of a missing teen and ending up finding their body 13 hours after they crashed their car? I first thought this was a sick joke-but it is sadly true...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20050428-0202-ca-carwreck-teen.html

As far as I'm concerned, the LE officials who royally botched this should all lose their jobs!

Bring Maura home!
They played the 911 call from the dad on our local news .This is the call when he and the mom found the body. It was awful. You could hear the mom freaking out in the background and the father was begging the police to come help. They knew he was dead and it was a horrible thing to listen to.

They also played the 911 call from one of the passersby from earlier. They told them exactly where the car was and that it was still running with the headlights on and that they thought someone was in the car.The callers were too afraid to go near the car.
But the cops didn't bother to look 15 ft away when they got there. Horrible story

that at one point there were 5 different LE entities on scene-and they were there for several hours before having the car removed. AND the fact that the parents had called in a missing person's report and the police never came-that's when the parent's started searching. I hope they all get fired! :doh:

Bring Maura home!

What the heck was LE thinking here?? I know people sometimes leave the scene because they are drunk/high etc but to have that many people there for that long and to MISS a body 15 feet away. Was the weather bad so they didn't want to walk around outside and do their job?? Were they busy jabberjawing with each other instead of investigating?? Were they just killing time so they didn't have to go take care of another incident and have to work overtime?? These people SHOULD lose their jobs - or at least face disciplinary action. What if the next time the person is ALIVE?? Even worse, what if this young man could have been saved if they had just found him in time?? This is not right on so many levels. I hope the family does take legal action and I am not a big fan of lawsuits - but this is justified and may just prevent future deaths because LE can't do their job - a simple walk around in search of a victim or victims.

cynder said:
What the heck was LE thinking here?? I know people sometimes leave the scene because they are drunk/high etc but to have that many people there for that long and to MISS a body 15 feet away. Was the weather bad so they didn't want to walk around outside and do their job?? Were they busy jabberjawing with each other instead of investigating?? Were they just killing time so they didn't have to go take care of another incident and have to work overtime?? These people SHOULD lose their jobs - or at least face disciplinary action. What if the next time the person is ALIVE?? Even worse, what if this young man could have been saved if they had just found him in time?? This is not right on so many levels. I hope the family does take legal action and I am not a big fan of lawsuits - but this is justified and may just prevent future deaths because LE can't do their job - a simple walk around in search of a victim or victims.
The whole thing is being investigated. I would like to add that it has been determined that he died on impact. The parents got some peace knowing that he would not have lived even if LE had been competent and found him, he was already dead. As the mother of many boys, I hate this story.

I believe this isn't the first time this has happened, either. I heard of another case similar about a year ago in the same area.

BirdieBoo said:
I believe this isn't the first time this has happened, either. I heard of another case similar about a year ago in the same area.
Yes, I believe you're referring to the woman who went off the 60 frwy towards the Beaumont/Banning area. Her 4 year old daughter was found alive after approx. 4 days but the mother had died from her injuries. This is actually a very rugged area (for So. CA) where it goes into a mountainous pass. LE could not find or see the vehicle as it was buried in trees & shrubs.

Quite the opposite for this young 18 year old. Hamner Ave. is heavily travelled.

This is so sad! :(

I agree a thorough investigation is in order. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10