A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stef88

Reaction score
Hello sleuthers!

I just have a few questions I hoped someone here might be able to answer...

I seem to remember reading somewhere the McCann's and friends made a timeline of their night on the back of some paper before they called the police, is that true? I can't seem to find where I read it anymore!

I also wondered about the police questions, when they asked 'Is it true you considered giving Madeleine's custody to a relative in England?', why did they ask that? Did they have any information about this/proof or was this just speculation?

Thanks all! I will have a good look through those links :)

Hope you've got plenty of free time, (we're all on a time-out here due to all our bickering on these threads)
:floorlaugh:
There's a ton of info in those 2 links.
Be warned they are addictive ! LOL
Enjoy !

Sorry to hijack the thread but wanted to get Gord's question from another thread answered about whether cadaver dogs will alert on dried blood. The answer is yes. Even old, dried blood that is not visable to the naked eye. They will also alert on areas where the blood has been cleaned up. If anyone else has any questions they can PM me.

Sorry to hijack the thread but wanted to get Gord's question from another thread answered about whether cadaver dogs will alert on dried blood. The answer is yes. Even old, dried blood that is not visable to the naked eye. They will also alert on areas where the blood has been cleaned up. If anyone else has any questions they can PM me.

Oh, I have another question if I may ask!

It is related to search dogs ( tracking dogs). Would they still track a person if the person is lifted from the ground, or they would lose the scent at this point?

Many thanks!

Here's the crux, if you are using non-scent specific tracking dogs (which is almost every LE tracking K9) then probably not. However if you are using scent specific trailing dogs (which follow the odor of a target person and not the ground disturbance of where they walked) then YES.

It is a practiced routine to have someone abduct a baby or pick up a young child and walk away with them. That person's scent is still being distributed even though they are not touching the ground. The dogs can still follow that odor. It really depends on what type of training the dog has had. Tracking or trailing. And which enviroment the dogs have trained in. If the dog has only ever worked 'clean' trails in a vegetative location (parks, etc) then that dog will probably have issues when you ask them to work a track in an urban location with a majority of it being hard surface (concrete, asphalt, etc).

Here's the crux, if you are using non-scent specific tracking dogs (which is almost every LE tracking K9) then probably not. However if you are using scent specific trailing dogs (which follow the odor of a target person and not the ground disturbance of where they walked) then YES.

It is a practiced routine to have someone abduct a baby or pick up a young child and walk away with them. That person's scent is still being distributed even though they are not touching the ground. The dogs can still follow that odor. It really depends on what type of training the dog has had. Tracking or trailing. And which enviroment the dogs have trained in. If the dog has only ever worked 'clean' trails in a vegetative location (parks, etc) then that dog will probably have issues when you ask them to work a track in an urban location with a majority of it being hard surface (concrete, asphalt, etc).

Thank you so much!
I am still confused with the GNR dogs report in this case. Not sure if they were tracking or trailing dogs

Thank you so much!
I am still confused with the GNR dogs report in this case. Not sure if they were tracking or trailing dogs

Hi, I share your pain. There are so many different types of dogs and what they can and cant do, its easy for us laymen to get confused. Apart from the general use of police dogs used for days in the general search of the area and surroundings

There were two different searches done with dogs, one on 4th May and the other on 8th May. They both traced the same trail/route. If they were not scent trailing dogs, would the handlers have asked for a personal item of Madeleine's?

In one case they were given a towel she was supposed to have used, in the other search, her pink blanket.

Now that the police have said they have almost certainly discarded Tanners sighting as that of the abductor, the trail traced makes sense, ie the dogs went nowhere near where she said she saw the man and child.

Further, if these dogs are good and scent trailing, and its true that a person still sheds when carried, this must also suggest that neither the Smithman was the abductor either.

So what is the point of cadaver dogs, if they alert to dried blood of the living?

So what is the point of cadaver dogs, if they alert to dried blood of the living?

It matters. It gives information. Where you find it, how much of it is there, splatter pattern, evidence of clean-up, etc. However, just because you have blood loss does not mean a death occurs. So you have to take what you find and put it into context.

It matters. It gives information. Where you find it, how much of it is there, splatter pattern, evidence of clean-up, etc. However, just because you have blood loss does not mean a death occurs. So you have to take what you find and put it into context.

The blood dog and the cadaver dog did not hit on all the same places! Wich makes me believe it wasn't just blood that Eddie was smelling!

Isnt the point that cadaver dogs dont JUST react to blood? Or actual remains found but react to remnant scent of a cadaver.....

I think the confusion with the dogs is due to different Handlers train their specific dogs to react in such a way that they can *read* what they are indicating to.
I don't mean just in this case but overall.
I guess we just should just trust what the experts tell us.
After all that's why they're the *Experts*.

The trouble is, when it comes to dogs, "experts" often aren't.

:seeya:
Hi !
This link is also full of useful information. It's the released official Policia Judiciaria files.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

First time poster yall. Forgive me if I don't do this correctly but after I read this time line and statement given by these Tapas people I was so compelled to say what I read into it...... play devils advocate and assume for a moment that all of these Tapas fools were doing cocaine all night during their dinner, like they were all leaving the table every 10-15 mins and meeting sketchy folks in the shadows?? What if Madelaine climbed out of her bed and found the drugs? Maybe it wasnt cocaine but ecstasy. One little tablet that looks like candy could have killed her. Those super over scheduled type A perfectionists love those kind of drugs. They live a super high paced lifestyle, running, tennis, caring for three small children....mothers little helper indeed. None of them will veer from their statements because none of them want to be involved in drugs with kids and the embarrassment fallout from such eg losing medical liscense, cub scout troop leadership and what not. I know plenty of "Kates" and let me tell you ive spent enough time in a sorority house to know what it means when super skinny half drunk people especially women get up from the table every fifteen minutes or so to go to the bathroom. whoever brought them the blow needs to be found. Maybe that Mansel or some weird name. Him. Bet he knows.

Thoughts? Remember GM was seennover talking to someone in shadows whbefore he went back to the room to "check kids"

WTF is up with that linked Youtube video .That sounded more like a confession then a tribute video..

First time poster yall. Forgive me if I don't do this correctly but after I read this time line and statement given by these Tapas people I was so compelled to say what I read into it...... play devils advocate and assume for a moment that all of these Tapas fools were doing cocaine all night during their dinner, like they were all leaving the table every 10-15 mins and meeting sketchy folks in the shadows?? What if Madelaine climbed out of her bed and found the drugs? Maybe it wasnt cocaine but ecstasy. One little tablet that looks like candy could have killed her. Those super over scheduled type A perfectionists love those kind of drugs. They live a super high paced lifestyle, running, tennis, caring for three small children....mothers little helper indeed. None of them will veer from their statements because none of them want to be involved in drugs with kids and the embarrassment fallout from such eg losing medical liscense, cub scout troop leadership and what not. I know plenty of "Kates" and let me tell you ive spent enough time in a sorority house to know what it means when super skinny half drunk people especially women get up from the table every fifteen minutes or so to go to the bathroom. whoever brought them the blow needs to be found. Maybe that Mansel or some weird name. Him. Bet he knows.

Thoughts? Remember GM was seennover talking to someone in shadows whbefore he went back to the room to "check kids"

That's an interesting theory. But would these people do coke on holiday - wouldn't they just be relaxing instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10