Found Deceased CA - Damiean 'Luke' Gulley, 14, Visalia, 18 Nov 2013 *Arrest*

DPR4444

Reaction score
http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20131121/NEWS01/311200042/Autistic-teen-missing-Visalia

Autistic teen missing in Visalia

"The parents of a missing autistic teenager are at odds with investigators who have labeled their son a runaway. Dameian “Luke” Gulley, 14, didn’t arrive home from school Monday evening and is still missing.

His parents, Miguel and Andrea Villegas, later learned that Gulley (Gulley is Andrea Villegas’ maiden name) — who usually walks to Valley Oak Middle School — never made it to school Monday. The boy walks the same route every day along the St. Johns River, on the elevated trail.

Gulley is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs roughly 130 pounds. He has hazel eyes and brown hair. His parents described him as tall, thin and pale.

He was last seen wearing shorts and a light blue hoodie sweatshirt. He had on dark gray tennis shoes with a blue stripe. He was also wearing ear buds connected to an MP3 player........."

bilde

saw this on Craigslist. heartbreaking

"Grandson Dameian Gulley is missing he never made it to school on Monday Nov 18th. If you see him please call the Visalia Police department or just email to let his family know he is ok. Please tell him his whole family is looking for him and his Grandmother is in Visalia trying to help. Please have him call home. "

This is just awful. I don't feel this boy would have ran off on his own, having such habitual nature. There is always the possibility he was coerced in to running away, but feel if that was the case he wouldn't have left behind items he uses in his daily routine. I don't understand why LE wouldn't be treating this case a bit differently than they seem to be. JMO

This is just awful. I don't feel this boy would have ran off on his own, having such habitual nature. There is always the possibility he was coerced in to running away, but feel if that was the case he wouldn't have left behind items he uses in his daily routine. I don't understand why LE wouldn't be treating this case a bit differently than they seem to be. JMO

This was one of my son's friends. It crazy to see something like this happen in our city. I see it all over the USA, but when it's in your own town it really hits home. Dameian's stepfather was arrested today for his murder.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9341176

I just can't even process this right now...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

From December 2013:

http://abc30.com/archive/9361837/

Detectives said during a police interview Miguel Villegas admitted that during a physical fight with his 14-year-old autistic stepson he grabbed an electrical cord and strangled him to death...

That night after his wife and two children were asleep, Villegas told Nelson that he wrapped up Damiean Gulley, drove to Sequoia National Park, and dumped his body near Ash Mountain.

From June 2014:

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/st...accused-killing-stepson-faces-trial/10041441/

Miguel Villegas Pacheco, the stepfather of the late Damiean "Luke" Gulley, stood quietly in court Thursday while his lawyer, Deputy Public Defender Roland Soltesz, agreed to begin the trial Jan. 20, 2015.

I don't think that trial happened. Cannot find Villegas in California DOC or any further MSM.

November 2016:

Jury: Pacheco guilty of strangling stepson

Each night before putting his two younger siblings to bed, Dameian “Luke” Gulley would tell them, “Sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite”.

He would quickly add, “Just kidding!” worried they might actually be afraid of bedbugs.

“That was his heart,” said his mother Andrea Villegas, fighting tears. She clings to those memories of her son, who died in 2013 at the hands of his stepfather.

On Wednesday afternoon, Villegas watched her estranged husband, Miguel Villegas Pacheco, sit nearly motionless in a Tulare County courtroom. His left hand to his forehead as a jury foreman read a verdict for first-degree murder, a verdict that could land the man behind bars for the rest of his life.

January 2017:

Tulare County judge sentences Visalia man to 25 years to life for murder of stepson

Before sentencing him, Presiding Judge Gary Paden told Miguel Pacheco that he is a bad man, who deserves to go to prison for the rest of his life. He said Pacheco has blamed everyone but himself, including his lawyer, for the position he's in.

Judge Paden said it was evident that Pacheco tried to control Luke, but couldn't, so killed him. Family members said the 35-year-old wanted Luke out of the picture, after he and Luke's mother Andrea had two children of their own.

"It's a huge relief to me, that he's been found guilty, and not only that, (but) the amount of time he's been given, keeps my little ones safe," said Luke's mother Andrea Villegas, who has two other children.

Kids getting murdered pisses me off by default, but just a little bit more if they were special needs of whatever stripe. Especially with kids on the spectrum (which I used to be - the kid part, anyway), they are often dehumanised and painted as some kind of bodysnatching burden and too much of the sympathy goes to the killer, not nearly enough to the children who didn't ask for any of this.

RIP Damiean. You deserved better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back