'Insane' Kansas City Water Slide Reaches 17 Stories

Reader

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/insane-kansas-city-water-slide-reaches-17-stories/story?id=20953968

A new ride at a Kansas City, Kan., waterpark claims it will debut as the tallest and fastest water slide in the world, with an approximate 17-story drop and reaching speeds of roughly 65 mph.

The Verrückt will be "taller than Niagara Falls, taller than the Statue of Liberty from her toes to the torch" and "twice the height of the tallest wave ever surfed," the Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark announced this week. The company is declining to share exact numbers until an official measuring event accompanied by Guinness World Records in the spring, but it did reveal that Verrückt means "insane" in German. .......more......

Have fun!

picture.php

not for me :scared: :facepalm: :chicken: :escape:

Erh, am I the only one who thinks it looks really unsafe? I'd probably fall out!

Accident waiting to happen. Hope the park has excellent insurance.

In my "invincible" days I may have at least thought about it. Nope, noway, not now, not ever.

*wishing I could attach a gif of a nopetopus right about now*

With nothing but those tiny little sides to keep you in place??? Yikes...

Speeds up to 65 mph. I hope it's been tested on all sizes of people. It seems unsafe.

I`d like to see photos of it from the side to see how steep it is but my initial thought is YES!!!

I`m adding this to my bucket list.

I've done the 40 mph slide at WhiteWater in Branson, but have to agree with that Nopetopus!

I would be willing to try it in a wetsuit with a well reinforced bottom.

LadyL, you can go first.

I do hope they have a restroom available at the exit!

I live about 15 miles away from this water park. Next time I go by I will take my camera. We went south of there today and it doesn't look as bad as from the top.

You have to walk up a winding stair case to get up to the top. Sclitterbahn's is close to the Kansas Speedway and the Legends shopping center. A very popular place for KC shoppers and all of the suburbs of this area.

ahu4u8y4.jpg

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

There is no way, no how I would EVER get on that thing!:scared::scared::scared:

I live about 15 miles away from this water park. Next time I go by I will take my camera. We went south of there today and it doesn't look as bad as from the top.

You have to walk up a winding stair case to get up to the top. Sclitterbahn's is close to the Kansas Speedway and the Legends shopping center. A very popular place for KC shoppers and all of the suburbs of this area.

If you do get to take some pics, can you get one of where the people land, please? On my pic it looks like a very small area. The ones I have seen before landed in huge swimming pools. TIA

If you do get to take some pics, can you get one of where the people land, please? On my pic it looks like a very small area. The ones I have seen before landed in huge swimming pools. TIA

I will Reader if I can get close enough.

Ya know what… while the initial drop is scary, I would be more worried about that middle hill. Hit it at a high speed and there is the potential of going airborne. I'm no water slide expert, but having been on some with multiple drops, it is always that middle one that sends you soaring right into the air, where your life flashes before your eyes. lol

I went over today to take picture's, unfortunately you can't get very close. You will be able to tell by the pictures. There is about 1/4 of mile between the road and the park full of weeds, plus the gate was closed to the parking lot.

I went over today to take picture's, unfortunately you can't get very close. You will be able to tell by the pictures. There is about 1/4 of mile between the road and the park full of weeds, plus the gate was closed to the parking lot.

Thank you for the pictures, Jewels53! They turned out very well. :loveyou:
Forget about the slide, I'd never make it up the steps!

From what I see in #3 where the end of the slide is now, either it will be longer, or I hope that thing it ends in is temporary. Surely they will build a larger pool for people to land in.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back