GUILTY NC - Reginald Daye, 46, fatally stabbed, Durham, 3 April 2011

panthera

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Duke lacrosse accuser charged in stabbing

DURHAM, N.C. — A Durham woman, known for falsely accusing three Duke University lacrosse players of rape in 2006, has been accused of stabbing her boyfriend early Sunday.

Crystal Mangum, 32, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. She is being held without bond.

Investigators believe that Mangum stabbed her 46-year-old boyfriend in the torso during a dispute at 3507 Century Oaks Drive around 3:15 a.m., police spokeswoman Kammie Michael said.

more at http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9377710/

nothing.
as usual

And she got the kids back. And, surprise, surprise, she was not convicted of arson. So it is any surprise she is arrested again for allegedly stabbing her boyfriend? Not to me.

OMG... she is really out of control.. I live in this area and had not heard about her recent arrest until just now.. This is crazy and they need to keep her in there... Can't believe that when the rape case first came out I felt sorry for her..

OMG... she is really out of control.. I live in this area and had not heard about her recent arrest until just now.. This is crazy and they need to keep her in there... Can't believe that when the rape case first came out I felt sorry for her..

She just might end up being charged with murder if the boyfriend doesn't survive. I do feel sorry for her kids. MOO

She just might end up being charged with murder if the boyfriend doesn't survive. I do feel sorry for her kids. MOO

After the jury deadlocked in her arson trial, the judge gave her back the custody of her three kids, and the prosecutor decided not to try her again on a arson charge. I would not be surprised at all if she gets a slap on the wrist yet again.

And she got the kids back. And, surprise, surprise, she was not convicted of arson. So it is any surprise she is arrested again for allegedly stabbing her boyfriend? Not to me.

why? it sounded like she's a loose cannon

Duke lacrosse accuser charged in stabbing

DURHAM, N.C. — A Durham woman, known for falsely accusing three Duke University lacrosse players of rape in 2006, has been accused of stabbing her boyfriend early Sunday.

Crystal Mangum, 32, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. She is being held without bond.

Investigators believe that Mangum stabbed her 46-year-old boyfriend in the torso during a dispute at 3507 Century Oaks Drive around 3:15 a.m., police spokeswoman Kammie Michael said.

more at http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9377710/

To bad they let her go free for her false charges years ago she is a danger to others.

Police arrested Mangum in February 2010 after an altercation between her and a different boyfriend.

I feel sorry for her kids.Hopefully this time I hope they don't give them back!
:loser:

Good grief. This woman is dangerous and needs to be off the streets. Just how many passes are they going to give her? Enough already!

His family said he died on Wednesday.
"Family members of a man who was stabbed in his home April 3 say he died Wednesday evening. Crystal Mangum, the Durham woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape in 2006, has been charged with assaulting him."
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9437245/

My condolences go out to the Day Family.. So very tragic that this had to happen for them to be able to keep her behind bars. Hopefully they lock her up and throw away the key.. I feel so sorry for those kids.

Wonder what is going through the minds of the Duke lacrosse players today?

They let her out on bond?
And she has been representing herself?
Will the wonders ever cease?

Judge Paul C. Ridgeway is the judge in the new trial (not retrial) of Crystal Mangum who is charged with the stabbing murder of Reginald Daye on February 17, 2011. Daye was in Duke Hospital for 10 days and died due to complications.

ETA: Closing arguments have not begun.

Trial is underway in Wake County, NC, and the prosecution is presenting the State's case at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back