GUILTY KS - Cami Umbarger, 29, & 3 kids slain in their Parsons home, 23 Nov 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
My hometown.

Mom, 3 children killed, KBI searches for suspect. (kctv5.com)
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation is investigating after a mother and her three children were found slain inside their Parsons home.

KWCH reported that the deaths are believed to have occurred overnight. The bodies were found inside the residence on 25th Street between Clark and Stevens avenues.

KBI is looking for a 22-year-old man, KWCH reported.
---
a bit more at the link

Suspect sought in deaths of a Parsons woman and her three children. (koamtv.com)
PARSONS – (November 26, 2013) – The Parsons Police Department, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and other law enforcement agencies are investigating the deaths of four individuals in Parsons. The deceased individuals are identified as Cami Umbarger, 29, and her three minor children.

Authorities are seeking a suspect, David Cornell Bennett, Jr., of Cherryvale, Kan.
---
more at the link, with pictures of suspect, victims

Looks like, at present, all reporting based on Kansas Attorney General's Office statement and releases.

Man oh man oh man oh man - I follow and care about many cases on WS, but it really does make a difference when madness visits one's small and own hometown.

Parsons, Kansas. (Wiki)

Man oh man oh man oh man - I follow and care about many cases on WS, but it really does make a difference when madness visits one's small and own hometown.

Parsons, Kansas. (Wiki)

Is this your hometown, wfgodot? Is this taking over the news there?

I know what you mean. The cases that are literally close to home tend to hit you the hardest. I felt that way about Stacy Peterson/Kathleen Savio and more recently, Nicholas Steward.

At least we care, right?

Is this your hometown, wfgodot? Is this taking over the news there?

I know what you mean. The cases that are literally close to home tend to hit you the hardest. I felt that way about Stacy Peterson/Kathleen Savio and more recently, Nicholas Steward.

At least we care, right?
I was born and raised in Parsons. It will always be home though it's not where I am now.

And we do care. Thanks.

Authorities are seeking a suspect, David Cornell Bennett Jr., of Cherryvale. The Montgomery County Sheriff's office issued a statement saying residents should be on the lookout for a black male, 22 years of age, 5 foot, 5 inches tall, weighing 145 pounds with brown eyes. The last confirmed sighting was at 12:45 p.m. Tuesday at 3176 W. Main St., Independence. Residents should contact 911 if he is sighted. The suspect should be considered armed and dangerous, and the public therefore should not approach him.
http://www.parsonssun.com/news/article_b282c982-56c0-11e3-876c-001a4bcf6878.html

Independence is about 30 miles SW of Parsons.

Whoa, thanks! So they just had a siting of him a couple hours ago. Only a matter of time before this is caught.

On a side note, I was digging around on Facebook and looking at everyone's profiles. Cami and her children were extremely loved and their loved ones are very distraught. It's such a sad and tragic thing that happened to them.

jmo

beautiful girl, beautiful kids

hope they catch this monster soon

KBI seeks suspect in deaths of Parsons woman, her 3 children
Sheriff: Suspect spotted about 12:45 p.m. in nearby Independence

The sheriff’s office said Bennett was spotted about 12:45 p.m. at 3176 W. Main Street in Independence. He was reported to be wearing a black jacket over a purple hoodie, blue jeans, and a baseball cap with unknown writing.

Residents were warned to consider Bennett armed and dangerous. He shouldn’t be approached. Anyone who sees him should contact 911.

An employee at Independence Unified School District 446 confirmed about 1:35 p.m. that the schools were on alert but not on lockdown.

more at link .......... http://cjonline.com/news/2013-11-26/kbi-seeks-suspect-deaths-parsons-woman-her-3-children

---
Good Samaritan Society of Parsons nursing home administrator Joanna Wilson said, “She was an excellent nurse. She worked for us for a long time and we’re going to miss her.” Cami Umbarger did not show up for work at 6 a.m. Monday immediately occasioning concern among her co-workers. “It was not like her to not show up,” Wilson said. ---
---
She said Umbarger was a single mother of three children: an 8-year-old girl named Hollie; a 5-year-old boy Jaxon; and a 4-year-old girl Averie.

“They were raised around the nursing home, we all knew them, beautiful children.” Wilson said it’s very hard for staff at the nursing home and the residents right now because Umbarger was so well-liked and respected.
---
http://www.joplinglobe.com/crime_an...suspect-in-murder-of-woman-and-three-children

Alleged killer's apparent warning signs:
---
Some friends of Umbarger stated online that Bennett was an ex-boyfriend, while others said that he was not. Whatever their relationship, Umbarger’s friends say Bennett was known to be a threat.

The Parsons Police Department issued a release Oct. 31, reporting a “22-year-old Cherryvale man is in custody and currently undergoing mental evaluation after using social media to post a warning message describing a murder-suicide he allegedly intended to commit. The initial call reporting the Facebook status was called in to the Chanute Police Department, which then contacted the Cherryvale Police Department, the man’s hometown. Cherryvale Police officers received reports that the man had been dropped off at a local motel in Parsons, and Parsons Police were contacted. At around 4:30 p.m. yesterday (Oct. 30), Parsons Police officers arrested the man without incident at the motel.”

Following his arrest, Facebook friends living in Cherryvale confirmed Tuesday Bennett was the one Parsons Police arrested after he threatened murder-suicide on Facebook Oct. 30, and that following his arrest he was sent to the state hospital in Osawatomie for a 72-hour evaluation but was released.
---
Community mourns family’s deaths. (Parsons Sun)

Nine-year-old Hollie loved to play tackle football, arguing with her mom that volleyball wasn’t her sport.

Six-year-old Jaxon took karate lessons.

The youngest, 4-year-old Averie, “was a bundle of energy.”

Their mother, meanwhile, was helping to plan Beth’s January wedding, where she would serve as maid of honor.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/26/4653070/man-sought-in-slaying-of-woman.html#storylink=cpy

Rest in peace Cami, Hollie, Jaxon and Averie.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

:cry:

So glad they caught him!

May the family rest in peace and may he rest in hell.

DB did some roofing work in my home town. I never met him but he did the roof on a few friends houses. Everyone says he was such a nice guy. I know several people were really worried he would come hide out here. I looked at his FB page amazing how many people I knew on his friend list including one of my nephews. Glad they caught him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back