Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#6

Status
Not open for further replies.
8210531979_386838c03e_z.jpg
link

60814396.jpg
link

Reminders:
* if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)
*use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos
*copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed
*linking to forums is not allowed
*treat opposing views respectfully.
-Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

Rudy's bloody footprints going out of the room to the door are all the more importantly bc where did AK and RS footprints go? They could not have been cleaned, there is no evidence of bleach in the murder room and they would have had to step in blood in the murder room. The luminol prints could have been bleach but the problem there is that there is no Mk DNA there unless the bleach killed it. In any event it could be one or the others:either blood but not match MK DNA or bleach but no blood. Bleach would have killed the DNA but not the blood yet the more sensitive test that was better than luminol tested negative for blood. An alternative 3rd situation is the bleach stuff from the shower i mentioned which is defense argument.

How does the defense account for bleach, used to clean a shower, still staining feet after at least two showers were taken at the cottage. It's likely that Knox and Meredith also showered before going out for Halloween, so if the shower was cleaned on October 31, at least four showers were taken between then and November 2, when Knox could have stained her feet with cleaning residue that was revealed with luminol. It sounds very unlikely ... that bleach cleaning residue was staining feet after four showers had been taken, all of which would have included non-bleach cleaning products.

Why wasn't there the same evidence of Meredith tracking bleach residue when she showered at noon on November 1?

I do not think it is contested that it is RG, it matches his palm.

It is not inconsistent to say both arguments, if they only found 4, that proves their factual innocence IMO. If they did not test everything that leaves doubt on whether they did it but doubt is enough to get them off.

Thanks. So it's like a finger print, but it's a palm print. So Guede's palm print has been connected to the pillow case. The shoe print has been connected to Knox's shoe size. Were they both there, or was it Guede and someone else with the same shoe size as Knox?

Four DNA evidence items connect the culprits to the victim's bedroom.

• single sample of Guede due to sexual assault
  • single sample of Sollecito on Meredith's bra
  • single sample of Guede on Meredith's shirt
  • single sample of Guede on Meredith's bag.

Four samples of DNA does not usually mean that DNA should be dismissed. It usually means that they got lucky, found four samples and now can look for justice for the murder of Meredith Kercher. Most murders are lucky if there is one DNA sample, yet in this case, the room is expected to be raining DNA?

There's also a complete absence of Knox DNA on her possessions in Meredith's bedroom ... this is what Knox has said in her defense. There is oodles of DNA from Guede and no DNA from Knox, so she must be innocent, but that isn't entirely true. There are three Guede samples, one Sollecito sample, prints belonging to all three if we include the bathmat and more evidence in the hallway, living room, large bathroom and Filomina's bedroom. Evidence of Guede is no more or less than evidence against Knox and Sollecito.

What do the arrows indicate?

FYI, when you post a picture you must cite the source.

How does the defense account for bleach, used to clean a shower, still staining feet after at least two showers were taken at the cottage. It's likely that Knox and Meredith also showered before going out for Halloween, so if the shower was cleaned on October 31, at least four showers were taken between then and November 2, when Knox could have stained her feet with cleaning residue that was revealed with luminol. It sounds very unlikely ... that bleach cleaning residue was staining feet after four showers had been taken, all of which would have included non-bleach cleaning products.

Why wasn't there the same evidence of Meredith tracking bleach residue when she showered at noon on November 1?

I am convinced that AK and RS were done cleaning up when the, whatever they're called it wasn't the pd though, IIRC, came to return the cell phone.

I haven't joined the new discussion because a lot of the links I used in the last discussion are gone now. I did think that after looking at all the evidence in the past that she and RS were involved. If she is found guilty again and the U.S. doesn't extradite her it will be a case of harboring a fugitive. JMO

Some evidence used was questionable, but there was more than enough, IMO, to believe she did it.

Amanda Knox retrial: Prosecutor calls for 30-year sentence
By Hada Messia and Laura Smith-Spark, CNN
updated 10:35 AM EST, Tue November 26, 2013

Rome (CNN) -- Amanda Knox should receive a 30-year sentence for the 2007 killing of British exchange student Meredith Kercher, an Italian prosecutor said at her retrial Tuesday.

Prosecutor Alessandro Crini also called for a 26-year sentence for Knox's former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito.

The retrial at an appeals court in the Italian city of Florence began in September .

Sollecito and Knox were convicted in 2009 of killing Kercher, 21, who was found stabbed in November 2007 in the villa that she and Knox rented in the central Italian university town of Perugia....

The only staging I can possibly make out in that room is the duvet cover being thrown over her and the door closed and locked, nothing else looks like an attempt to make anything appear to be anything other than what it was, a room where a lovely young lady lost her life.

And if the foot measurements were taken from that bathroom mat imprint, I would be fairly surprised, soft nappy material wicks liquid, how could they get a true size from that?

The only staging I can possibly make out in that room is the duvet cover being thrown over her and the door closed and locked, nothing else looks like an attempt to make anything appear to be anything other than what it was, a room where a lovely young lady lost her life.

And if the foot measurements were taken from that bathroom mat imprint, I would be fairly surprised, soft nappy material wicks liquid, how could they get a true size from that?

IIRC, the imprint showed that the person who left it had a hammer toe. RS has a hammer toe.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Internatio...y-disputes-bloody-footprints/story?id=8613900

...Vinci concluded the bloody footprint should be attributed to Guede because of the shape and angle of the big toe and the width of the ball of the foot.

"I am not saying that this print certainly belongs to Guede," said Vinci, "but it is attributable to Guede, it is compatible."

The prosecution found just the opposite in May. Police print expert Lorenzo Rinaldi found that Sollecito's big toe was much wider than that of either Knox or Guede, as was the ball of his foot and the arch. Rinaldi said at the time that "it can absolutely be concluded that the print is compatible with that of Sollecito and not compatible with that of Guede. It gives us a probable identity of Raffaele Sollecito."

As part of his presentation, Vinci did an overlay of Guede's print on the print found on the rug, showing how it matched, but he did not do the same with Sollecito's print, as the prosecutor later pointed out. Vinci said he did not feel it necessary to make that comparison....

Just bringing this material forward for reference:

SMK said:
@OTTO:
(I may have had the wording wrong)
Yes, I think it was in Galati's appeal , and also as Chris says it appears in
The English summary of the Supreme Court of Cassation Motivation- 2013, Analysis of the Footprints and Other Traces; pg 70 of the original: Hellmann is in error in saying the bare footprints of Sollecito and Knox could have been from a prior time.

SMK said:
Here is the Galati section (from pdf)

Analysis of prints and other traces

About the luminol foot prints, it is implausible to assume that those prints were left on some other occasion, since – in the Court’s view - luminol basically indicates blood (and in no other circumstance could someone produce such a set of prints in blood). The Cassazione notes that the Massei scenario to explain the footprints was far more plausible, and Hellmann-Zanetti bring no reason to refute it.

Here's a pic of the room/bed, I really fail to see any staging or clean up:

http://perugiamurderfile.org/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=21&image_id=4765
Body - Shoulder with bra strap imprint in blood by the closet. Moved some time after death from closet to middle of room. Staged.

Bra - Droplets on the cups show she was wearing it when she was still breathing. Cut off some time after death and placed by feet. Despite bloody hand print on pillow, no blood print on bra. Staged.

Pillow - Placed under body but bloody shoe prints and bloody hand print reveal this was done after the stabbings. Not a single blood print on shirt, pants, underwear, body. No bloody shoe prints around the pillow. Impossible. Staged.

Duvet - Placed some time after death. Smaller blood spots were already dried on the body. Corner intentionally pulled up over the foot. Staged.

Locked door - Blood on inside handle but not on outside handle. Guede's bloody shoe prints not turning around or shuffling. He did not close the door. Staged.

JMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member