VA VA - Dicky Palmer, 51, Floyd, 22 April 2003

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
dickypalmer.jpg dog.jpg
Who killed Dicky Palmer and his dog?

On April 22, 2003, Dicky Palmer, a 51 year old barber and photographer. who owned his own barber shop, was killed in his front yard in Floyd, Virginia. The killer(s) also killed his Australian Red Heeler named Rufus. They reportedly drove Dicky’s truck 40 miles and got rid of his body beside Perry Park in Roanoke,Virginia in an area where drug dealers occasionally congregate. When you first hear this story, you might assume they put Palmer's body in the bed of the truck. However, they put it in the cab, along with his dog. There was a 40 mile trail of blood.

The victim's mother can see the spot where her son was killed. She lives within sight of her son's home in Floyd County Virginia. Dicky and his neighbor Sandra were very close to each other. They were also brother and sister.

The night before the murder of Dicky, two people stopped by, his sister's home unannounced, interrupting dinner. Sandra Palmer wonders if there was a connection...someone scoping out Dicky's home. Dicky walked toward his house to see what they wanted. When he returned, Dicky told Sandra it was someone interested in dog breeding. Was the dog breeding bit just a ploy?

The morning of his disappearance, Palmer had been helping his dad repair something. They needed screws, so Dicky decided to go back to his home and get them. "Tell me where they are, and I'll go go them.'"And Dicky, his father said, 'No Dad, I know where they are. And I'll go get them.' And he left. And we never saw him again," said Dicky's mother, Betty Palmer.

Palmer was a dedicated family man and father. No one's ever been charged with the crime.There are many theories behind this case, yet the case remains unsolved. If you know anything about this case, remember anything, saw anything, call Virginia State Police at 1-800-542-5959.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/wdbj7-cold-case-who-killed-dickie-palmer-20110131,0,6753708.story

Oh my gosh this is horrible

I couldn't have said that better. Killing the dog too. Why? The only reason I could come up with is maybe the dog was protecting his owner.

Just wondering if anything new has turned up in this case. TIA

I just searched Google and there is nothing. Nada. Zip. This one has really gone cold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back