Passenger live tweets fellow passenger's meltdown on delayed flight

The woman was being a jerk and what he did would have been funny IF he had not crossed the line with such comments as "Eat my D***" (sorry to be graphic but that is what he said, referring to it TWICE.)

THAT is not funny. It was uncalled for and extremely rude.

The woman was being a jerk and what he did would have been funny IF he had not crossed the line with such comments as "Eat my D***" (sorry to be graphic but that is what he said, referring to it TWICE.)

THAT is not funny. It was uncalled for and extremely rude.

I completely agree. It felt like he was being excessively vulgar just to get more laughs (and to promote his twitter feed). IMO they're both immature and they behaved as badly as each other.

I've never heard of this guy before - is he famous? Did he really end the conversation with "don't you know who I am?" I can understand a celebrity doing it, but it sounds like he has a really inflated opinion of himself.

I believe he's the producer of the Bachelor/bachelorette series.

The woman was rude, obnoxious and annoying. The tweeter is rude, holier than thou and apparently thinks quite highly of himself and his D.

Perfectly illustrating that two wrongs never make a right. moo

I got the impression that the tweeter was imbibing in a few drinks as well as sending them to Diane. To me it got funnier the drunker he seemed to get.
I couldn't watch the video but if her behavior was limited to what I read in the story then I think he really did over react and badly at that.

I got the impression that the tweeter was imbibing in a few drinks as well as sending them to Diane. To me it got funnier the drunker he seemed to get.
I couldn't watch the video but if her behavior was limited to what I read in the story then I think he really did over react and badly at that.

I agree, my question is if that were a man misbehaving would he have sent a note let alone mentioned his private parts? I think not:rolleyes:

Ciao

I thought it was amusing until the 'eat my d' part

I completely agree. It felt like he was being excessively vulgar just to get more laughs (and to promote his twitter feed). IMO they're both immature and they behaved as badly as each other.

I've never heard of this guy before - is he famous? Did he really end the conversation with "don't you know who I am?" I can understand a celebrity doing it, but it sounds like he has a really inflated opinion of himself.

[bbm]

I didn't see that sentence in the article?

if you follow the comments in the huffpo link, there is a blog link that then quotes a comment left somewhere by a relative of the woman. She apparently has terminal cancer and was trying to get home to her family for their last Thanksgiving together before she passes.

If that's true, it's very sad that she ended up missing it because she did miss her connecting flight.

My question would be however...why would you wait to fly until the actual Thanksgiving Day if you needed to be there for that reason? Even if this whole "tweeting" issue had never occured, she still should have known that flights get delayed all the time and planned to have an earlier flight. For as much of a jerk as this guy was to her (I didn't find any of it funny), she could have avoided all of it by booking her flight a day earlier.

if you follow the comments in the huffpo link, there is a blog link that then quotes a comment left somewhere by a relative of the woman. She apparently has terminal cancer and was trying to get home to her family for their last Thanksgiving together before she passes.

If that's true, it's very sad that she ended up missing it because she did miss her connecting flight.

My question would be however...why would you wait to fly until the actual Thanksgiving Day if you needed to be there for that reason? Even if this whole "tweeting" issue had never occured, she still should have known that flights get delayed all the time and planned to have an earlier flight. For as much of a jerk as this guy was to her (I didn't find any of it funny), she could have avoided all of it by booking her flight a day earlier.

Given the reliability of social media, I'll wait for confirmation about the terminal cancer part. But your point is well taken regardless. And what's so magical about being there on Thanksgiving day anyway? What if you get there Friday? They're still your family and you're still dying, no? I'd like to think that preparing to meet my maker (or whatever) might incline me to be a little less self-centered and neurotic rather than more so. I do agree that the crude comments were inappropriate. But I'm on board with the sentiment. jmo

I agree, my question is if that were a man misbehaving would he have sent a note let alone mentioned his private parts? I think not:rolleyes:

Ciao

On the other hand, what would have happened if the dude had walked up to him after the flight and hit him in the face as she did?

jmo

Comment left by someone claiming to be relative of the woman. Cancer story sounds rather hinky to me.
Regardless, I don't find what the guy did all that funny.
And there is no need for using that kind of language with a stranger.

That's my point. If it were a man I doubt any of this would have played out. The whole note & drink back and forth. And the bit about his privates he would be begging to be punched. To take the liberty to talk to a stranger like that, what ever happens he deserved. Jmo

Ciao

Oh look another self absorbed jerk, who creates a situation just so he can get social media followers. And his mommy gets in on it too - classy that bunch.

Just what other passengers need - a jerk doing his best to instigate a fight with another passenger - he had no idea where this could have gone during the flight. And when he needs more manufactured drama for his tweets, he waits for her to deplane.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back