GUILTY FL - Dwight Martin, 26, beaten to death, Jacksonville, 17 Nov 2013

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread here and if the remains are quickly identified, I will move either to Crimes or Missing, depending on what we find out.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/human-...tsuma/-/475880/23271328/-/5ru28j/-/index.html

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/article/337146/17/PCSO-Skeletal-remains-found-in-Satsuma

There are lots of possibilities here, a couple that have been mentioned are Jennifer Kesse and Michelle Parker. Gender is still unknown.

Salem

Link to post for database on FL's missing (thank you Imamaze!): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL Missing

Thank You for putting this here. Do you know how old the remains are?

Orlando (Orange County) Missing (distance to Putnam Co. 101 miles):

Jennifer Kesse - missing 24 Jan 2006
Michelle Parker - missing 17 Nov 2011
Sandra Lee Lemire - missing 8 May 2012

Oh my...

Some family may be getting answers to the location of their loved one..

Sad ... but closure, hopefully...

JMO

I'm starting this thread here and if the remains are quickly identified, I will move either to Crimes or Missing, depending on what we find out.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/human-...tsuma/-/475880/23271328/-/5ru28j/-/index.html

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/article/337146/17/PCSO-Skeletal-remains-found-in-Satsuma

There are lots of possibilities here, a couple that have been mentioned are Jennifer Kesse and Michelle Parker. Gender is still unknown.

Salem

Link to post for database on FL's missing (thank you Imamaze!): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL Missing

May I please ask why Jacksonville police were there. Who's missing from Jacksonville?

Jacksonville police were in Putnam County to see if the remains match any missing persons cases they've been working.

That's not Jacksonville in Oregon is it? I really hope not. Stephanie Warner is missing there.

ETA: Okay, my heartrate's back to normal. There is more than one Jacksonville in the US.

That's not Jacksonville in Oregon is it? I really hope not. Stephanie Warner is missing there.

ETA: Okay, my heartrate's back to normal. There is more than one Jacksonville in the US.

Florida, Z. :)

In February 2009, when Haleigh Cummings went missing, a search of Hoot Owl Ridge took place that included a helicopter. That could narrow down the possibilities to a person who disappeared after that date.

The second search area was northeast of the Cummings home in a rugged area known as Hoot Owl Ridge, not far from Dunns Creek, a tributary to the St. Johns River. This effort, apparently in response to a tip, also involved deputies in a Volusia County helicopter.

But at the end of the day, Haleigh was still missing.
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/21/news/news02.prt

Yessenia Suarez and her two children are still missing from Deltona, Fl. which is about 60 miles away.

I came back hoping for more news. I thought I could put it out of my mind, but no I couldn't.

O/T... But....

I am waiting on ID of remains here in FL...

And a body was found in Sagamore Creek, Portsmouth, ME, too!

waiting for ID of those remains, too!

:eek:

Satsuma, FL is only 71 miles (1 hour and 10 minutes) from where Tracy Ocasio went missing.

Just looked at NamUs for people who disappeared in Putnam County and only one name came up:
Roberta Trahern

She went missing only 6 miles (9 minutes) from where the UID was found.

She has a pretty distinctive face (the left side is very noticeably lower than the right and her jaw looks funny), so it shouldn't be hard to rule her out based on the structure of the UID's skull.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/human-remains-found-in-satsuma-911-calls-released/-/475880/23282090/-/5nn11o/-/index.html

Some more information has come out:
  • The 911 call from the person who found the body has been released
  • The man was riding four-wheelers with his friends when they came upon the remains (I'm assuming it's skeletal because they said ''human skull''
  • The remains were located in a wooded area at the intersection of Kingston and Oklahoma streets, in Hoot Owl Ridge neighborhood
  • Discovery is being treated as a homicide
  • Body was partially-clothed
  • Head was found ''off to the side'' (caller's words). No word on whether it was decapitated or the result of animal activity
  • The caller said ''They drug it, they went down the poweline and drug it out in the woods''. I don't know who 'they' is because the article was pretty badly-written

"It's a skeletal body?" asked the dispatcher.

"Skeleton yeah... And they drug it, they went down the powerline and drug it out in the woods," said the caller.

(quoted from link in post above)

I don't understand how the caller knows that "they drug it, they went down the powerline and drug it out in the woods".

I'm assuming "they" means the people who disposed of the body, and "the powerline" is a mowed/cleared spot where power lines/electricity poles are installed.

Is he just assuming that the easiest path for the person(s) disposing the body would be to travel along the power line clearing and then hide a body in the woods? How does he know the body was dragged instead of the person being forced to walk into the location or the body being carried? How does he know it's a murder victim and not a situation where a person walked into the woods to commit suicide?

ETA: just watched the video in the link. Yep, the powerline area is a clearing surrounded by woods. The caller sure does leave a long pause between saying "Skeleton yeah" and "they drug it, they went down the powerline and drug it out in the woods"

Forgive me for being gory but if he went missing November 18-19 how are his remains already a skeleton? I thought it took longer than that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back