Man Arrested 62 Times for Going to Work

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
This young man has been questioned about 258 times, by police, arrested 62 times and jailed 56 times, just for going to work. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/feat...at-work-arrests-miami-11252013,0,4436610.post

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...62-times-for-trespassingat-his-place-of-work/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NwL8VEADgM5Pg1OlA&sig2=WMf-QKpwvtsEAdT9yhP3QA

His boss got so fed up with his employee being arrested and his store customers being constantly harassed by the police that he set up surveillance videos to watch what the police did outside and inside the store. This led to proof of the harassment.

Can you guess what state?

I've read this elsewhere. All I an say is the world keeps getting more sick each day. :banghead:

unfortunately even with this kind of evidence many people will dismiss this kind of thing and say "i find it hard to believe the police would act that way, im sure they have good reason and are just doing their best"

:notgood:

unfortunately even with this kind of evidence many people will dismiss this kind of thing and say "i find it hard to believe the police would act that way, im sure they have good reason and are just doing their best"

:notgood:

[bbm]

is there evidence in those nine videos of the police acting inappropriately? I saw two peaceful arrests in the first video and don't have the patience to sit through the rest so if someone could kindly provide the video # and approx. time of police doing something wrong, I'd appreciate it

I am speechless. I can not even believe that this stuff happens. Truth is so much stranger than fiction. Just... wow... The Miami Herald article (linked at gitana1's first Orlando Sentinel link) has a lot of information.

As human beings in this world together, we should all be outraged.

ETA one more link with lots of detail. http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/21/v-fullstory/3769823/in-miami-gardens-store-video-catches.html

[bbm]

I'm saving my outrage for when I have all the information. Right now all we know is that someone has been arrested a lot and that a lot of arrests have taken place at a particular store. We don't know the history of these individuals. We don't know the reasons for the arrests. We don't even know the history of the store owner. I certainly hope he has 'clean hands' since he's the one who went to the media.

I refuse to jump on any bandwagon until I know more.

JMO.

I've read this elsewhere. All I an say is the world keeps getting more sick each day. :banghead:

It actually used to be a lot worse. At least it's no longer legal to do this.

[bbm]

I'm saving my outrage for when I have all the information. Right now all we know is that someone has been arrested a lot and that a lot of arrests have taken place at a particular store. We don't know the history of these individuals. We don't know the reasons for the arrests. We don't even know the history of the store owner. I certainly hope he has 'clean hands' since he's the one who went to the media.

I refuse to jump on any bandwagon until I know more.

JMO.

No, we actually do know those things. In fact, we actually have pretty much all the information. The three links I provided should give you all the info you need to form an opinion:

1. Sampson has been arrested 62 times at his place of work.
2. Every arrest has been for trespassing. At his place of work.
3. He was charged 56 times. Each of The charges was dismissed. In connection with the remaining arrests, Sampson was not charged and was let go.
4. He has been stopped by police and questioned 258 times, at his place of work.
5. The only thing on Sampson's record is a possession of marijuana charge.
6. Police harassment of his employee and customers was so great, according to the store owner, that he felt compelled to install surveillance to catch the police in the act.
7. The surveillance tapes and Sampson's record led to a lawsuit against the police department.

Sources? The reporters who investigated the court record. The court record. The reporters who investigated Sampson's criminal history. Sampson's criminal history. The surveillance tapes.

I saw the tapes. They show Sampson being repeatedly physically detained and searched. There has to be probable cause for such detentions and arrests. He works there. He can prove it. And what if he didn't? How is going to a store "trespassing" if the store owner or manager didn't call police?

As I have said in other threads, we have a constitution in this great nation of ours. It is supposed to protect us from harassment like this. And I think most Americans would be outraged if this happened to them or to someone they love or even just know.

I notice, however, that when the skin color of the person claiming a violation of their rights is somewhat dusky, all of a sudden some people in our country see nothing wrong and the constitution becomes just a bit less important.

That's a shame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back