The LE appreciation thread

Ausgirl

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong bit of the forum, I just didn't want it in the jury room where it's members only, as I like to think maybe the people mentioned here or their families might one day click a link and see people expressing their appreciation.

Anyway, I thought it'd be cool to have a thread where people can say nice things about the law enforcement officers who they admire or are thankful to, for their work on the various cases we follow here.

I would like to start by extending my personal kudos to Detective Senior Sergeant Ron Iddles, of Melbourne's refurbished cold case squad. He's my hero right now for the work he's done in re-investigating the horrific murder of 16 yo Michelle Buckingham in 1983 -- thirty years later, Ron Iddles has suspects in his sights, and I am SO grateful to him and his team for giving the people who care about Michelle some hope her case might be resolved.

Michelle's thread, for anyone who'd like to contribute:

Australia Australia - Michelle Elvira Buckingham, 16, murdered in Shepparton, Nov 1983 *Arrests - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ron Iddles is a total legend and the kind of cop I wish there was more of -- he quit the force in the 80's, in protest over corruption he had observed, and didn't want any part of. I am glad he returned, as one of the good ones, and is now making a real difference in the lives of the many families whose cases would otherwise be at the bottom of a very large heap of unsolved crimes.

I've myself spoken to Ron just as the cold case unit was getting off the ground again, when he assured me that Michelle's case would be a top priority -- and he has well and truly lived up to his word.

Anyway, there's my say on one of the cops I admire and respect, and who IMO deserves many accolades. Please do feel free to share your own!

I agree with all you have said about Ron Iddles. They also lost good men and years of experience when they disbanded the Perana task force. So glad to see that Vicpol are back on the straight and narrow once more. If only they can get over this movember thing about their hair. Lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back