Pope Francis is Time Magazine Person of the Year

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Pope Francis named Time Person of the Year

Francis known for his simplicity, has reputation of being voice for poor

Author: By CNN Staff

Published On: Dec 11 2013 07:47:42 AM EST Updated On: Dec 11 2013 08:08:50 AM EST

(CNN) -
Time has named Pope Francis its person of the year.

"He took the name of a humble saint and then called for a church of healing," Time wrote in its announcement. "The septuagenarian superstar is poised to transform a place that measures change by the century."

Following him in the top five were NSA leaker Edward Snowden, gay rights activist Edith Windsor, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifes...ear/-/1718880/23428330/-/14xcom1/-/index.html

I just glad it wasn't Miley or Snowden. I perfer the pope.

I know the artist that painted the cover :D

They wimped out and played it safe - it should have been Snowdon. In 50 years, I doubt that Francis will be more than a name on a list.

'Who am I to judge?': The pope's most powerful phrase in 2013

Could five little words uttered in 2013 change the course of the Catholic Church?

Pope Francis — also known as Time's Person of the Year and Twitter's #bestpopeever — has done a lot of talking since he was installed on the throne of St. Peter in March, tackling everything from luxury cars to income inequality in a series of interviews, sermons and written exhortations.

But for veteran Vatican watcher John Thavis, the pontiff's most significant pontificating came July 29 when he gave a press conference on a flight back from Brazil.

"Who am I to judge?" he asked...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...e-the-popes-most-powerful-phrase-in-2013?lite

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back