GUILTY Australia - Depraved secrets in a country town ..

Mrs G Norris

Reaction score
IT is a case of shocking depravity which came to rest in the hills surrounding a picturesque farming community nestled in a valley southwest of Sydney.

• Dirt caked the surfaces of stoves and cooking facilities, rotten vegetables lay in a refrigerator and a kangaroo was sleeping on one of the children's beds.
  • Exposed electric wires, bags of rubbish and chainsaws lay about.
  • There were no toilets, showers or baths.
  • The children were unwashed and wore dirty clothes.
  • They were shy and made little eye contact.
  • Few were capable of intelligible speech; almost all had fungal infections in their feet.

Some had oddly-formed features, which scientific tests would later reveal was a result of "homozygosity" or identical gene patterns of both of the children's parents.

Police and welfare officers were shocked by the appalling squalor and degradation on a property where children were found to be the result of incestuous relationships.

The police and welfare officers were taking in the squalor, the deprivation and the fact some of the children seemed developmentally delayed or cognitively impaired.

What they didn't realise was the children were the result of intimate relations between brothers and sisters, and uncles and nieces and fathers and daughters. Their family threw back to a set of great-great grandparents who were a brother and sister.

The family compulsion was regenerating itself.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...iet-country-town/story-fnixwvgh-1226780575248

I just read the article. It is so awful it goes beyond my comprehension.

They're like, one step removed from Sawney Bean.

Okay, I see it wasn't just NSW failing to pick up on this lot, they moved all over the map state to state.

I don't even know what to say.

Oh my word. How will any of them ever be alright.

(Allegedly) similar cases in America which drew study were called "The Smokey Pilgrims" (Kansas) and "The Hill Folk" (Massachusetts). Much debate on veracity of the studies though.

Also, see Gordon Burns's great book on the Fred and Rose West case in the UK, 'Happy Like Murderers,' for instances of incest and general life-depravity in '50s/'60s UK.

Apprehended violence orders have been taken out to stop the parents approaching the children, who have been placed in homes and in foster care. And next week one mother will face charges over an attempt to remove a child from care.

According to the court record, the Colt grandparents, ''Tim'' and ''June'', married in New Zealand in 1966 and came to South Australia during the 1970s with their six kids. They moved to Victoria, South Australia again, then Western Australia before ending up in NSW.

There is evidence that the abuse began back then and possibly even earlier.

Dwayne, one of Betty's sons, told his carers that he and his siblings were told never to tell anyone that their father was in fact his grandfather, Tim, because his mother, Betty, would be sent to jail because she had started having sex with him when she was 12.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...-up-in-hell-20131206-2ywrk.html#ixzz2nDNXbXLe

So, they started out from New Zealand, emigrated to Aus, then moved about frequently.. I wonder if the g/father and other males in the family weren't just enjoying their own pedo paradise, breeding kids to use for sex, encouraging the kids to have sex among themselves?

It isn't uncommon, sadly. This is just an amplified version of it.

The bolded part above suggests to me this might be the case. The threats and implication that it is the victim who has done something wrong and will be punished is VERY typical behaviour for habitual pedos.

Or they were all just so messed up they could only really interact with each other .. I mean it sounds like none of them have known any better for generations, they had a clue that it would get them in trouble though. Once those kids are 18 they'll have to watch them because chances are they'd all reunite and continue on.

Yeah, I dunno. G/father was a pedo, for sure IMO. Then likely was teaching his kids molester's behaviours, and it went from there. Wonder how far back that chain goes..

But yeah, this will be a really difficult case for DOHS to manage, so many people and every reason in the world to keep them apart... of course, they can't do anything about the adults, there's a scary thought. Unless they put 'em all in jail, which I really hope they do. For several reasons, including their own good.

Astounding.
They were not even living like animals.
Animals are cleaner then that.
I truly feel sorry for all of them.
It would be amazing if a writer/author followed their future years as a documentary, as they live and learn.
All your of them are apt to go through much.
Prayers for all of them.

This is amongst the most disturbing stories I've read!!

December 12, 2013

IT is the family tree that is shocking short on branches and shows just how incestuous the group hiding out in the NSW hinterland truly was.

This is a tree so twisted and entwined together as to be almost one stem and the truth behind it is hard to believe

On A rough block of scrub hidden in the hills above a quiet NSW country town, the Colt family had a terrible secret.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...iet-country-town/story-fni0cx4q-1226781805877

All I can say I oh my gosh! How can all of these people be rehabilitated? Generations of incest, limited education and life experiences. How are these young kids ment to live a normal life. I hope they do though. I hope they are helping the adults too otherwise more children are going to be born. Wow ive never in my memory heard of this happening here in OZ. Obviously the adults have a little bit of intelligence to stay under the radar for as long as they did. Im gobsmacked if you couldn't guess. Sorry if this is inappropriate :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I was just horrified when I read this story. Poor poor children.

I'm interested by the use of the word "cult" because it doesn't mention any belief or worship they had, apart from the extreme sexualisation.

I'd like to know more about the history of how it all started, how did the maternal grandparents in NZ come to an incestuous relationship? Was it passed down from generations above them, were they abused, did they grow up together? Why did they flee to Aus, were they found out?

When June married Tim, how did she meet him? He seems to be a very dark, evil and manipulative man who carried the sexualised behaviour on through the generations.

In this Daily Mail article I read, it mentions how the pregnant women would purposefully miscarry to off put health professionals, how many miscarriages have their been - because the 13 children of Bettys', 5 of Martha's and Betty's grandaughter Kimberley must have been born on the farm (or on previous farms).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-incest-cult-living-deformed-mute-valley.html

Makes me feel sick.

I visited the Blue Mountains, where this valley must be near. I stayed in a motel in a small town called Katoomba. A very vast landscape and rainforrest like terrain down in the trees and mountainous up in the town.

I used to teach in Bradford, England and we had (still do have) a serious problem with generations of interbreeding between cousins in certain ethno-religious groups. The families had migrated to England in the 60's and only had marriages within their own community, made even worse by the economic factor of eventually only the wealthy families marrying into other wealthy families. It's not a bit community and after you've gone through all the first cousins you have to start intermarrying the offspring of those first cousins with the offspring of their OTHER cousins.

Children with the same surnames arrived with each new year with increasing deformity and infirmity. I taught one who was no more than 4ft high and had no eyes. No just 'blind', no eyes in her head.

I often wonder where on earth these children ended up- what sort of life did they have :(

Good lord, this is worse than the Goler Clan in Nova Scotia! And I didn't think it got much worse than that... :(

It gets worse ..

Ragtag children of horrifying incest 'cult' found living deformed, filthy and mute in scenic Australian valley spent their days having sex and cutting animals' genitals

• Left to their own devices, the children mutilated cats and dogs
  • All local townsfolk knew of them was occasional visits to a shop
  • Case in New South Wales, Australia, described as one of worst in history

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iving-deformed-mute-valley.html#ixzz2nIVPS0hT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back