NC - Jason Young convicted in the murder of pregnant wife Michelle Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wral.com/nc-appeals-court-hears-jason-young-s-bid-for-new-trial/13208622/

"I think the court indicated that it's giving serious consideration to the issues raised," she said. "Obviously, it's going to be several months before we receive an opinion from the court."

Cummings said he's optimistic about the appellate ruling.

"I believe that the case against Jason Young was tried free from error, and our office and the Attorney General's office is confident that the Court of Appeals will affirm his conviction," he said.

Just saw this -- Hi, WS Peeps -- Hmmm, we'll have to keep an eye on this one. JY makes my skin crawl...<shiver>

Raleigh, N.C. &#8212; The North Carolina Supreme Court next month will hear the state's appeal of a lower court's ruling that a Wake County man be granted a new trial for the November 2006 beating death of his pregnant wife.

Michelle Young
NC Supreme Court to hear Jason Young case

Posted 12:27 p.m. today
Updated 12:31 p.m. today

Read more at http://www.wral.com/nc-supreme-court-to-hear-jason-young-case/14534056/#3WBZxiqzZ5hPCf2J.99

This man makes me gag. He's one of the worst, in my book. He beat her until he was too tired to continue. :mad:

"Mommy has boo-boos..." her sweet daughter said to her Aunt Meredith. Her sweet daughter also told her aunt, "Daddy did it."
:stormingmad:

Let's just hope the Supreme Court overturns the lower Court's decision. No re-trial, no deal.

Dateline NBC is now airing a show about this, w Beth Karas - formerly of HNN and/or the old Court TV -
offering commentary on the case. Episode is 'Silent Witness.' Can't tell yet whether this is new show or old show.

I took a look at the Dateline site for this show -- it's in 6 parts, but I don't know if the parts are presented in one showing with each part 15--20 minutes, perhaps, because I just can't see 6 one- or two-hour broadcasts, but who knoze??

I did see a date of March 31, 2012. Whatever, I plan to watch it -- it looks like you can watch it online using their website -- IINM, the link below should get you there.

Dateline | March 31, 2012
'Silent Witness', Part 1

In 2006, Michelle Young, pregnant with her second child, was brutally murdered while her husband Jason was away on business. Who could have killed this beloved young mother? Dateline NBC's Keith Morrison reports.

Link: http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/46912041#46912041

RALEIGH (WTVD) --
The state Supreme Court ruled Friday that Jason Young's case was not harmed when the trial judge allowed evidence about a wrongful death lawsuit and child custody challenge.

The Supreme Court overturned the state Court of Appeals by ruling Young's first-degree murder conviction was not tainted.

North Carolina Supreme Court rejects third trial for Jason Young

I don't know how to start a new thread, but isn't this great news!! I'm so happy I could do a jig. :loveyou:
:happydance::jail:

I don't know how to start a new thread, but isn't this great news!! I'm so happy I could do a jig. :loveyou:
:happydance::jail:

:seeya: Hi, My Friend!! :hug: I've missed your quirky stuff, your special humor and your sly eye on some of the cases I've followed. I hope you're fine as frog hair and feeling good all the time!:happydance:

I had a feeling this would happen:applause: -- but I was too superstitious to say it or post it. I didn't think that our handsome & brilliant Judge Stephens would screw that trial up, and he didn't. :great:

Now I am hoping that the Young family will just sit down, shut up, get comfortable and live with it. Grrrrrr. Surely Mr. "Best All Around" has some prison pals with whom he can play basketball and a game of "Go Fish" or something. :jail: I'm sure Mommie Dearest keeps his canteen account at the max, so he should have plenty of Cheerwine (yuck) or Mountain Dew, Cheetos and Slim Jims to eat. Oh, that selfish, spoiled ~man~. He is one of the worst. He beat her so badly, the esso-bee. I'm sure more than half of those licks on poor Michelle were for her mother. SMH.

He thought he was so smart -- and I'll give him a point for having a pretty dayam good scheme for that weekend -- stay at home long enuff so that Shelly would see him to prove Michelle was alive when he left, and the pics of the pocketbook left at the house "by mistake," and the getting on camera at the check-in desk at midnight, wearing a second pair of shoes at the scene, etc., etc., etc. But where were the shoes he wore when the C.Barrel camera snapped that pic of him? Where was the shirt? The pants? Poof!! Gone. He is where he needs to be because he killed a little girl's Mommy, a beloved sister, and a mother's deeply loved and talented daughter.

:justice:

Yes, I've miss you all too. My husband had a stroke this summer, and numerous other real life events kept me off the computer. But I just knew I had to come and find y'all to celebrate this news. Mawmaw is probably stompin around those mountains. So what trials do we have upcoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie