Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reminders:
* if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

* use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos

* copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed

* linking to forums is not allowed

* treat opposing views respectfully
-Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

* add a link to all photos (including thumbnails) or facts

http://www.umbria24.it/bari-filmato...ne-per-i-giornalisti-di-telenorba/152774.html

Bari, video showing body of Mez, dismissal for family members of Sollecito. Charges for Telenorba journalists.

The Bari prosecutor had also asked for the dismissal of Sollecito’s relatives.

The investigating magistrate in Bari Gianluca Anglana ordered the compulsory indictment for journalists of Telenorba Enzo Magistà and Antonio Procacci involved in the inquest triggered by the airing of the video shot by the scientific police of Perugia showing the corpse of Meredith Kercher. The investigating judge has instead archived the roles of the family of Raffaele Sollecito, acquitted on appeal of the murder charge along with Amanda Knox.
Half dismiss. The Bari prosecutor had asked the archiving for all the defendants because “the airing of some parts of the movie related to the investigation carried out by the forensic police in the house where the body of Meredith Kercher was found – as written in the request to archive-- in which the naked body of the victim was filmed, it was in the context of the exercise of freedom of the press without any intention of attacking the reputation of the murdered student.”
Sollecito defence. “Finally, today the ‘last’ word has been said, having clearly established the absolute absence of criminal profiles of relevance regarding the conduct carried out by relatives of Raffaele Sollecito, who, in the legitimate attempt to defend their family member, did not commit any crime.” As written by lawyers Marco Brusco, Francesco Crisi and Francesco Mastro in a joint statement after the investigating judge of Bari ordered the filing of the positions of the family of Raffaele Sollecito in the scope of the inquest into the showing of a movie where the body of Meredith Kercher was aired. The investigation was launched by the prosecutor of Perugia that, under various headings noted offences related to defamation, invasion of privacy and publication of arbitrary acts of investigation.
Non-usable interceptions. The lawyers express “deep satisfaction for both the exoneration of their clients as well as for the declaration of the non-usability (expressed by the prosecutor and agreed by the investigating judge) about the phone wiretaps carried out at the time on the private lines of members of Raffaele Sollecito family. It remains to understand, at this point- they argue-, what has been the usefulness and the need to monitor for about four months, the telephone lines of the above.”
The Supreme Court. The inquest had gone to court in Bari after the Perugia judge declared lack of territorial jurisdiction of the Perugia courts. The process derived from the airing of the movie showing the corpse of Meredith it was one of many satellite processes born from the main one with charges of culpable homicide. For that, in March 25 it will be up to the Supreme Court to have its say after the appeal action brought by the Prosecutor General of Perugia against the acquittal of the two former lovers.

I'm shocked a lot of people here still believe a ton of lies and misinformation about this case on the guilty side that is nothing more then character assassination on things that are completely false, but I digress...

First of all, Let's just say, it is awfully rare that you have a female perpetrator sexually assault and murder a victim with a male conspirator(s).

It is also pretty rare that 2 people as a couple who barely even know each other (dating a week!) come together with a 3rd they don't even know at all (please don't argue that Amanda really knew Rudy well enough at all, she didn't) and murder someone. Put those two coincidences together and it's unreasonable odds.

But oh, what a coincidence though that one of them just so happens to have a history of burglaries with throwing rocks through windows and brandishing knives.

It is also amazing that they alert everyone to their crime scene the next day to place themselves there if they truly had done this.

What a huge injustice caused for the victim & family as well as these kids by terrible police work that went off suspicion and witch hunt tactics as opposed to evaluating the evidence. I mean, once Rudy was linked they didn't even change their theory, just substituted one guy for the other in a "sex game gone wrong" twist.

Disgusting.

Isn't pot legal in personal quantities in Seattle ... with a couple of cats, a website and 4.2 million in the bank?

1) amanda was born, raised and schooled in seattle, and then chose to attend UW... it is therefore ridiculous to claim she chose to settle down there just for legal pot.

2) do you have her bank statement to prove this? was the 4m a "done deal" or was that the possible earnings should her book sell well? and, as posted before, after taxes (at what 30-40%?), legal fees, repaying her parents, book agent fee (10%?), tuition, living expenses, and whatever else, no one has ANY idea how much, if any, is left over.

It takes about 30 seconds to search "optimal luminol six weeks" on the net ... didn't think a link was necessary.

evasion noted.

and, i did try an internet search, hours ago, before i posted the question... nadda, nothing, nil, about "optimal luminol six weeks" courtesy of bing (except for posts here asserting this).

i did find a study that states:

luminol exhibited the most chemiluminescence during the two day and 63 day study

www.bluestar-forensic.com/pdf/en/Lautz_Webb_Bluestar_Magnum_effects_on_DNA.pdf

I can't find the post anymore, but upthread it was suggested that it was acceptable that the Sollecito family released Nov 2, 2007 crime scene video of Meredith to a television studio (where it was immediately broadcast) because, during the on-going appeal, a lawyer presented a slide presentation of crime scene photos without requiring the removal of media.

that is NOT what was said, or implied.

I'm shocked a lot of people here still believe a ton of lies and misinformation about this case on the guilty side that is nothing more then character assassination on things that are completely false, but I digress...

First of all, Let's just say, it is awfully rare that you have a female perpetrator sexually assault and murder a victim with a male conspirator(s).

It is also pretty rare that 2 people as a couple who barely even know each other (dating a week!) come together with a 3rd they don't even know at all (please don't argue that Amanda really knew Rudy well enough at all, she didn't) and murder someone. Put those two coincidences together and it's unreasonable odds.

But oh, what a coincidence though that one of them just so happens to have a history of burglaries with throwing rocks through windows and brandishing knives.

It is also amazing that they alert everyone to their crime scene the next day to place themselves there if they truly had done this.

What a huge injustice caused for the victim & family as well as these kids by terrible police work that went off suspicion and witch hunt tactics as opposed to evaluating the evidence. I mean, once Rudy was linked they didn't even change their theory, just substituted one guy for the other in a "sex game gone wrong" twist.

Disgusting.
There is a huge temptation to view this as the American media does:
  • Very simple case of bigoted and incompetent Italian police, and Mignini nutty as a fruit cake, jumping to conclusions about this being "an inside job" , and hanging on like a dog with a bone.
  • Even after Rudy Guede lone wolf history revealed, and proven to make the most prosaic sense (and expertly crafted by Hendry) they still hang on.
  • Tiny bits and pieces of non-evidence patched together in an attempt to hold up a 3 on 1 attack which makes no empirical sense.
  • Hellmann acquits using reason and common sense, but they still can't let go and must agitate and push further.
Thus does it appear, and this I also believed whole heartedly.

Then I wondered if this could be a case where the simple, common sense approach might be wrong. (There is always a clamoring for easy answers and this should be kept well in mind. )

That despite his excesses, Mignini's intuition was sound.

As an experiment, in the manner of Descartes cogito ergo sum, I decided to "unknow all I had known "; to stop believing my senses and logic and common sense, to question all. To wonder if the believable had been an illusion. To take a wholly different tack.

To my surprise, there were several loose ends and murky bits that began to surface. But it hasn't been easy: One step forward, two back.

I'll let you know where I land. :seeya:

I had pondered at one point in my various reflections, about Filomena's room, and the discovery of the alleged break in.

I had wondered if the door had been left opened, and as the cottage is quite small,

• why the break-in hadn't been noticed from the outset. (as from the living room area the doors are so obvious)
  • Or why the door had not been tried if closed.
  • and who would have closed it? Would Guede as lone wolf have really done so?
  • And when? what about footprints?

But then I put the whole aside as unimportant.

But now Crini himself chooses to focus on just this,

and so I find that interesting; and although

this post is quite lengthy it seemed relevant or at least worth looking into:

(@Otto, have you read it, and what are your thoughts if so?):seeya:

*follow link to post, and go above comments section

or use this link:

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index...cutor_crini_so_very_very_interested/#comments

Attachments

• 10496.jpg
    10496.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 8
I had pondered at one point in my various reflections, about Filomena's room, and the discovery of the alleged break in.

I had wondered if the door had been left opened, and as the cottage is quite small,

• why the break-in hadn't been noticed from the outset. (as from the living room area the doors are so obvious)
  • Or why the door had not been tried if closed.
  • and who would have closed it? Would Guede as lone wolf have really done so?
  • And when? what about footprints?

But then I put the whole aside as unimportant.

But now Crini himself chooses to focus on just this,

and so I find that interesting; and although

this post is quite lengthy it seemed relevant or at least worth looking into:

(@Otto, have you read it, and what are your thoughts if so?):seeya:

*follow link to post, and go above comments section

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index...cutor_crini_so_very_very_interested/#comments

I too find it odd and have ofton wondered this. If when he went to the bathroom did he close that door then or after the murder, if he's the lone wolf? And why would he do this?
I actually wondered as well how he knew his way around so well in the dark. Even leaving that night there were no lights on that I know of, even Meredith's turned off.

I too find it odd and have ofton wondered this. If when he went to the bathroom did he close that door then or after the murder, if he's the lone wolf? And why would he do this?
I actually wondered as well how he knew his way around so well in the dark. Even leaving that night there were no lights on that I know of, even Meredith's turned off.
Very true: although I think someone had said Guede may have left the kitchen light on (cannot recall now where I heard this). But also, there is the discrepancy with RS saying the door had been "wide open" and then "ajar" but perhaps Amanda had moved the door? Looked in and then closed it but not all the way? Something to ponder in any case.

why the break-in hadn't been noticed from the outset. (as from the living room area the doors are so obvious)
The door is irrelevant. Is the window obvious?

Or why the door had not been tried if closed.
I think it had been.

and who would have closed it? Would Guede as lone wolf have really done so?
The wind. The front door was open, the window was open. IMO There are signs visible in the photos that the draft shut the door close at some moment.

Then you have RSs saying the door was wide open

From his translated prison diary
"As soon as we arrived inside the house, I left the mop in the entrance and I went towards the other rooms so I could see what the hell had happened. I remember those moments well because I was agitated and alarmed. I think I saw Amanda take the mop bucket and carry it to another room (it cannot be inferred from the text, but the mop was apparently brought back to Meredith’s and Amanda’s house). The first thing I noticed was that Filomena’s (called Molli) room had the door wide open. Ah, I forgot, Amanda had opened the house with the keys (a thing that they repeatedly asked me since she had told me that she had found the front door wide open when she had entered).

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Raffaele_Sollecito's_Prison_Diary_(Translated)

Strange indeed

The door is irrelevant. Is the window obvious?

I think it had been.

The wind. The front door was open, the window was open. IMO There are signs visible in the photos that the draft shut the door close at some moment.
OK; it is reasonable to assume the draft would close the door shut, yes.

But considering the size of the cottage, and the visibility of the doors from the LR area, it is odd that the broken window would not be discovered earlier, or told earlier in the first phonecalls (and to Filomena of course).

I know it seems a trifle, but it is one of those details that crosses the mind.

I am just surprised to find Crini focusing on just this fact. All is grist for the mill. ;)

I would say that Dr Crini’s focus on this question as to the position of Filomena's door at various times in Amanda's narrative is relevant in that it becomes a question mark( and a question of possible deception) if the state of the room were not mentioned until later.

OK; it is reasonable to assume the draft would close the door shut, yes.

But considering the size of the cottage, and the visibility of the doors from the LR area, it is odd that the broken window would not be discovered earlier, or told earlier in the first phonecalls (and to Filomena of course).
I don't agree.
After seeing the video of the configuration of the living room I'd say that you won't see inside Filomena's room unless you stand right in front of her door. Also, you won't notice the broken window unless you fully open the door which swings to the inside and right.

I know it seems a trifle, but it is one of those details that crosses the mind.

I am just surprised to find Crini focusing on just this fact. All is grist for the mill. ;)

There are no stars in moon landing photos and some people claim the shadows are all wrong. Crini's approach doesn't surprise me at all. What is the prosecution supposed to do when they are given a case with no solid evidence and no sensible scenario.

Then you have RSs saying the door was wide open

From his translated prison diary
"As soon as we arrived inside the house, I left the mop in the entrance and I went towards the other rooms so I could see what the hell had happened. I remember those moments well because I was agitated and alarmed. I think I saw Amanda take the mop bucket and carry it to another room (it cannot be inferred from the text, but the mop was apparently brought back to Meredith’s and Amanda’s house). The first thing I noticed was that Filomena’s (called Molli) room had the door wide open. Ah, I forgot, Amanda had opened the house with the keys (a thing that they repeatedly asked me since she had told me that she had found the front door wide open when she had entered).

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Raffaele_Sollecito's_Prison_Diary_(Translated)

Strange indeed
I think another point that can be made is that those who have suggested Filomena may have been very messy, a virtual slob if you will, and that the state of her room in disarray was the normal one, are shown to be wrong as Raffaele and Amanda both say the room was a mess and in chaos (not the way Filomena normally kept it).

I would say that Dr Crini’s focus on this question as to the position of Filomena's door at various times in Amanda's narrative is relevant in that it becomes a question mark( and a question of possible deception) if the state of the room were not mentioned until later.

Could you please provide a quote or page number from Crini's transcript?

I wonder if he get's the facts right this time for sure.

I don't agree.
After seeing the video of the configuration of the living room I'd say that you won't see inside Filomena's room unless you stand right in front of her door. Also, you won't notice the broken window unless you fully open the door which swings to the inside and right.

There are no stars in moon landing photos and some people claim the shadows are all wrong. Crini's approach doesn't surprise me at all. What is the prosecution supposed to do when they are given a case with no solid evidence and no sensible scenario.
OK. That is one way of looking at it, and it may be valid. So you say a quick peek would have revealed nothing, then? How DID they notice it at last? (the wind and cross-breeze would be likely to keep the door fully shut). I guess they finally looked all the way....

Could you please provide a quote or page number from Crini's transcript?

I wonder if he get's the facts right this time for sure.
No, this I'm afraid I can't do, because I am taking if from the linked secondary source. It's not as though I wasn't upfront about that in my OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82