Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
PRETORIA, South Africa --

Oscar Pistorius is charged with one count of premediated murder over the Feb. 14 killing of Reeva Steenkamp. He says he accidentally shot her, thinking she was a dangerous intruder inside his home, lurking in a toilet stall off his bedroom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/22/magistrate-desmond-nair-pistorius-decision_n_2739776.html

Oscar Pistorius Indictment

(11 sides incl. complete witness list)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/161348107/Oscar-Pistorius-indictment

Full Indictment-4 Counts-107 Witnesses

http://www.scribd.com/embeds/185695...=1&view_mode=scroll&show_recommendations=true

FIRST THREAD

CONTINUE HERE

The Pistorius camp has certainly made some PR gaffes, but if this is not a hoax, his hubris is mind blowing.

The more I know about the South African legal system the more I suspect and fear he's going to get off (unless they find CCTV footage or written plans) :(

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of money is changing hands for information that will help OP get off the premediated murder charge.

I am sure you all realise that I meant to say premeditated not premediated. The edit facility doesn't last very long and I therefore have been unable to correct it.

Oscar Pistorius cop quits murder case after leaving DOOR Reeva Steenkamp was shot through in his office

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-murder-case-colonel-2937362#ixzz2o72LxfwN

This is another article about the door.

This article was written on 17 December, 2014 so why wait so long if he really did resign over the door?

Colonel Schoombie Van Rensburg, who had been in the force for over 30 years, denied his resignation had anything to do with the case, saying he was now pursuing “business interests” rather than saying he has quit after it was revealed a key piece of evidence was kept in his office instead of being in a secure, tamper-proof room.

But a Boschkop police source said: “Records show it was booked into the storeroom, but it was kept inside Van Rensburg’s office.

“It was actually lying on the floor in front of his desk and only taken away about a week later.”

The officer said almost anyone in the police station had access to Van Rensburg’s office, from where other detectives would send faxes and make phone calls.

Are they still using faxes in South Africa? Don't they have their own phones?

IMO this Boschkop police source could have earned $$$$ to say this to the media or is sympathetic to Pistorius' case.

If this information was available at the time, surely something would have been done then as it appears that it was was back in February, 2013 that this would have occurred. Why just reveal it now and sack (or get him to resign) commander Colonel Schoombie van Rensburg because of it?

It was covered with a body bag, cable ties and tape so it would be easy to find out if anyone had tampered with it.

Money is indeed a factor,99,9% of murder accused are men of straw meaning they don't have a cent to their names. In a normal case this fact would never have been discovered. Oscar has enough money to hire experts at R millions All the door can prove is the angles of the shots, there is enough other evidence to sink him, he will still be found guilty of murder, the only question is if it is premeditated murder which can make a big difference in sentencing.

My question to Oscar Pistorius is simply, "How did you get these two policeman (Botha and Schoombie van Rensburg) to quit their jobs?"

This was probably the biggest case of his life,a case that if successfully executed would have put him somewhere on the map and set his future plans on the roll.Unless his bank account has been done a world of good, one wouldn't want to drop such a case.

IMO his colleagues had no right to report this to the media. In other countries, this would never have been reported to the media.

I'm going to put this piece of news regarding the door on hold until it has been verified. I don't trust the media to get their facts straight. Van Rensburg has resigned - that's a fact. But the door story? The same media that had Reeva's head bashed in with the bat, and had her pregnant. According to Klatzow, the door was removed, but replaced within a few days. This article implies that the door was in van Rensburg's office for about a week.

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope 2014 will be the year truth and equality and justice preavails...

:toastred:

The Pistorius camp has certainly made some PR gaffes, but if this is not a hoax, his hubris is mind blowing.

hey guys. haven't read this thread for months... can someone tell me what the above post refers to? thanks!

hey guys. haven't read this thread for months... can someone tell me what the above post refers to? thanks!

Hi RHG...i was responding to a post that had this link in it about OP being allowed to see Mandela, but his family complained that he couldn't bring his gun.

http://africasacountry.com/oscar-pi...-to-visit-ailing-mandela-but-without-his-gun/

It seems the post has now disappeared; not sure who posted it. Anyways, after reading the comments below the article, it does appear to be satire, tho that is not made clear.

This is the first time I have seen this article. The comments are also interesting, one in particular, though I have no way of knowing whether it is true. I imagine that we would have heard of some of this before now, if it were true.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...us-trial-killing-girlfriend#start-of-comments

I agree with you that it is almost incredible to me that the contents of that comment could be true because if they were true, then surely this would have been leaked to the media long before New Year's Eve.

In general, this person is alleging that Reeva was the abuser rather than Pistorius. She either has inside information which will come out at the trial or she has made all this up. IMO she could be a South African model called Candice who was also on the list of Sexiest Women which Reeva was listed on or she is a very close friend of Pistorius who thinks she is defending him. Surely his PR people would have got hold of this information and exposed it by now.

The gist of what she has claimed is:

1. OP sustained two black eyes, a head wound and at least three injuries to his body inconsistent with the type that would be picked up in training. These marks were all sustained at times when the only person Pistorius had spent any time in private with was RS.

Comment: That is only an assumption with no witnesses. So where is the proof that RS was the perpetrator and why did OP not report them?

2. RS was heard verbally abusing and ridiculing him at a swimming pool in Cape Town in the first week of January 2013. Others who were there with their families spoke to the staff because they did not want their children having to hear what RS was saying.

Comment: Has a witness come forward and is it known whether OP abused her first and she was responding?

3. Two previous boyfriends have finished with RS because of her violent outbursts.

Comment: Who might these witnesses be?

4. A "close friend" of RS is known to have told her family that RS slapped her 4 years ago for looking at her then boyfriend who then mentioned that RS had attempted to do the same to him on getting home.

5. Police received a report in mid-January 2013 from the hospital where a woman was being treated for serious assault and the victim named RS as the assailant. The woman has not been named but is either an ex of Pistorius or a woman RS felt threatened by and is said to have suffered life-changing injuries.

Comment: Who could this woman be?

6. In early February, RS was cautioned by staff at a Johannesburg hotel who called police because she was using her car to block another woman from being able to leave the hotel car park and making audible threats.

7. RS tried to take her own life 6 and 4 years ago

Comment: Is there evidence of this and what relevance does it have to being murdered?

8. RS attempted to blackmail another boyfriend.

Comment: Is this really relevant?

9. Or more to the point, what were others thinking for him?

Comment: This comment assumes that others wanted him to be with RS but he did not want to be with her. Do you agree?

I will be interested in your comments. I find it difficult to believe that RS was so insecure and possibly abusive to OP, don't you?

Oscar Pistorius cop quits murder case after leaving DOOR Reeva Steenkamp was shot through in his office

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-murder-case-colonel-2937362#ixzz2o72LxfwN

This is another article about the door.

This article was written on 17 December, 2014 so why wait so long if he really did resign over the door?

Colonel Schoombie Van Rensburg, who had been in the force for over 30 years, denied his resignation had anything to do with the case, saying he was now pursuing “business interests” rather than saying he has quit after it was revealed a key piece of evidence was kept in his office instead of being in a secure, tamper-proof room.

But a Boschkop police source said: “Records show it was booked into the storeroom, but it was kept inside Van Rensburg’s office.

“It was actually lying on the floor in front of his desk and only taken away about a week later.”

The officer said almost anyone in the police station had access to Van Rensburg’s office, from where other detectives would send faxes and make phone calls.

Are they still using faxes in South Africa? Don't they have their own phones?

IMO this Boschkop police source could have earned $$$$ to say this to the media or is sympathetic to Pistorius' case.

If this information was available at the time, surely something would have been done then as it appears that it was was back in February, 2013 that this would have occurred. Why just reveal it now and sack (or get him to resign) commander Colonel Schoombie van Rensburg because of it?

It was covered with a body bag, cable ties and tape so it would be easy to find out if anyone had tampered with it.

Money is indeed a factor,99,9% of murder accused are men of straw meaning they don't have a cent to their names. In a normal case this fact would never have been discovered. Oscar has enough money to hire experts at R millions All the door can prove is the angles of the shots, there is enough other evidence to sink him, he will still be found guilty of murder, the only question is if it is premeditated murder which can make a big difference in sentencing.

My question to Oscar Pistorius is simply, "How did you get these two policeman (Botha and Schoombie van Rensburg) to quit their jobs?"

This was probably the biggest case of his life,a case that if successfully executed would have put him somewhere on the map and set his future plans on the roll.Unless his bank account has been done a world of good, one wouldn't want to drop such a case.

IMO his colleagues had no right to report this to the media. In other countries, this would never have been reported to the media.

I'm going to put this piece of news regarding the door on hold until it has been verified. I don't trust the media to get their facts straight. Van Rensburg has resigned - that's a fact. But the door story? The same media that had Reeva's head bashed in with the bat, and had her pregnant. According to Klatzow, the door was removed, but replaced within a few days. This article implies that the door was in van Rensburg's office for about a week.

Police in South Africa are poorly paid and generally not very sophisticated (even senior officers such as this guy). It would not surprise me at all, nor would it surprise me if they messed up the evidence.

But, all this is only relevant to the premeditated murder allegation. For which the evidence is sketchy at best anyway.

It will not help him escape a manslaughter charge. The law is pretty clear in South Africa about that, he can't just go shooting through doors because he heard a noise. He will get convicted of at least that, and he will go to jail.

The general fear South Africans have of violent home invasions is wide spread and well founded. It happens regularly. However, they do trials before a professional judge there, not a jury, and the judge will apply the law, so I doubt he will get off.

I agree with you that it is almost incredible to me that the contents of that comment could be true because if they were true, then surely this would have been leaked to the media long before New Year's Eve.

In general, this person is alleging that Reeva was the abuser rather than Pistorius. She either has inside information which will come out at the trial or she has made all this up. IMO she could be a South African model called Candice who was also on the list of Sexiest Women which Reeva was listed on or she is a very close friend of Pistorius who thinks she is defending him. Surely his PR people would have got hold of this information and exposed it by now.

1. OP sustained two black eyes, a head wound and at least three injuries to his body inconsistent with the type that would be picked up in training. These marks were all sustained at times when the only person Pistorius had spent any time in private with was RS.

Comment: That is only an assumption with no witnesses. So where is the proof that RS was the perpetrator and why did OP not report them?

2. RS was heard verbally abusing and ridiculing him at a swimming pool in Cape Town in the first week of January 2013. Others who were there with their families spoke to the staff because they did not want their children having to hear what RS was saying.

Comment: Has a witness come forward and is it known whether OP abused her first and she was responding?

3. Two previous boyfriends have finished with RS because of her violent outbursts.

4. A "close friend" of RS is known to have told her family that RS slapped her 4 years ago for looking at her then boyfriend who then mentioned that RS had attempted to do the same to him on getting home.

5. Police received a report in mid-January 2013 from the hospital where a woman was being treated for serious assault and the victim named RS as the assailant. The woman has not been named but is either an ex of Pistorius or a woman RS felt threatened by and is said to have suffered life-changing injuries.

6. In early February, RS was cautioned by staff at a Johannesburg hotel who called police because she was using her car to block another woman from being able to leave the hotel car park and making audible threats.

Comment: Is there evidence of this and what relevance does it have to being murdered?

Comment: This comment assumes that others wanted him to be with RS but he did not want to be with her. Do you agree?

I will be interested in your comments. I find it difficult to believe that RS was so insecure and possibly abusive to OP, don't you?

Like you, I find this ubelievable but if any of it were to be found to be true I think it may mitigate his sentence. One wonders what the DT are going to bring up. Not long now before we find out.

In general, this person is alleging that Reeva was the abuser rather than Pistorius. She either has inside information which will come out at the trial or she has made all this up. IMO she could be a South African model called Candice who was also on the list of Sexiest Women which Reeva was listed on or she is a very close friend of Pistorius who thinks she is defending him. Surely his PR people would have got hold of this information and exposed it by now. No, that's impossible because of his affidavit and statements: "burglar" and so on.

OP had not told the reason:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-mystery-blade-runners-1727475#.UtwjDbS1L3g

Never a man + egomaniac would voluntarily tell, that he is beaten by his girlfriend.

He had his Christmas trip on a friend's yacht at Cape Town without RS. Maybe, this had been the aftermaths?

Perhaps ES?

Unstable psyche? Manic-depressive? Reason for arguments?

Reckless behavior?

Comment: This comment assumes that others wanted him to be with RS but he did not want to be with her. Do you agree? Maybe in the first time. His friend and car dealer had arranged the first date.

I though argue for a reasonable high penalty for the murder.

Wow on the accusations agains RS! I guess he's going for either self defence or mistaken identity now? He'll have to settle on a story sooner of later, or it'll just look like he's lying .. oh WAIT! I wonder how much it costs to 'create' witnesses in South Africa ..

Supplement to my post above:

Question 3.

Rugby FH?
WL?

Wow on the accusations against RS! I guess he's going for either self defence or mistaken identity now? He'll have to settle on a story sooner of later, or it'll just look like he's lying .. oh WAIT! I wonder how much it costs to 'create' witnesses in South Africa ..

I assumed he was locked into his affidavit so how would it look to the Judge now if he brought up these accusations of abuse by RS now? If these allegations are true, it looks as if he is going to claim self-defence and admit that he did know it was RS behind the toilet door.

I also wonder how much money OP would be prepared to pay to get witnesses to claim that RS did these things to him (or to them) and then he snapped as he had had enough of her aggressive behaviour?

20/1/2014

OP's lawyers are reportedly negotiating an out-of-court settlement with the parents of his slain girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

The settlement could net them around 2 million rand ($209,000).

RS's parents are said to have been financially stretched since the death of RS. They are now running a pub outside Port Elizabeth. It is understood they purchased the pub with money paid for interviews by foreign media. They are unwilling to say how much compensation they are asking from OP.

http://www.news.com.au/world/brekki...lton-john-lovers/story-fndir2ev-1226805488739

Does this report appear in any other media?

I would expect more than $209,000 for the death of my daughter!

National 3.1.2014 07.06 am

Intense interest in Oscar trial from world’s media

The world’s media will converge on South Africa’s busiest court, the North Gauteng High Court, early in March when the murder trial of Paralympian Oscar Pistorius is expected to commence.

It is expected that television channels from all over the world will seek permission to broadcast the trial directly, turning it into the South African equivalent of the avidly watched OJ Simpson murder trial in America. The High Court has in recent years often allowed television cameras inside court, but has mostly confined permission for coverage before and during breaks in proceedings and judgment.

The first charge relates to a January 2013 incident at Tasha’s restaurant in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg, when Pistorius allegedly discharged a pistol. He is alternatively charged with damaging the restaurant’s floor by the negligent use of the pistol and endangering the lives of other guests at the restaurant by recklessly discharging a firearm.

The second charge relates to an incident in September 2010 when Pistorius allegedly fired a shot through the open sunroof of a car near Modderfontein in Kempton Park while driving with his ex-girlfriend Samantha Taylor and other people.

Prominent lawyer and academic Llewelyn Curlewis last year said he believed Pistorius’s case would rest on his own evidence and how he fared under cross-examination by the State.

http://citizen.co.za/105610/intense-interest-oscar-trial-worlds-media/

BBB1 I have never heard that he damaged the restaurant floor before.

BBB2 Who were the other people in the car with Samantha and OP?

BBB3 It looks as if OP will have to take the stand himself and face up to cross-examination by the Judge. I am looking forward to observing how he handles that.

Do you think there is a chance he will plead guilty now and rely on mitigating circumstances? If so, when would he do that or would he have already done that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie