So why'd everyone throw LG under a bus?

Ausgirl

Reaction score
His own family.

His friends.

Richard Simpson (who I'd like to eyeball a bit more closely, matter of fact).

Seems to me -everyone- was eager to see LG Hollingsworth come under police scrutiny. And I'm wondering why, exactly, that is.

I do have stuff to say on this, but it's really late here, so that's something I will do tomorrow. I'm just really interested in what everyone else thinks of this.

Its a good question, to which I have no absolutely no idea what the answer might be.

There was also an anonymous phone call to the WMPD in the early stages of the investigation from a woman accusing LG, Damien and Domini of the murders. IMO it was made by Narlene Hollingsworth, but I have no evidence for that.

Since LG is dead, we may never know why. My suspicion would be that he hung around with the "devil worshipers," but that's just speculation, too. Yes, it's a good question. However, with so many people throwing him under the bus early in the investigation, there are two questions I have:

1. Why LG (as has been asked)?

2. Where is the proof that he was cleared?

Like so many other potential suspects in this case, I've found nothing in the record to indicate that he was cleared. With as many people "fingering" him as there were, it makes me wonder. I guess the Keystone Kops strike again!

What I do know about LG, is that he had a rather inappropriate relationship with the much older Richard Simpson (almost 50), teacher, building inspector and some kind of non-denominational preacher who met LG, he said, through his ministry.

They had weekends away together, with Simpson buying alcohol for 17yo LG, and paying for motel rooms where LG could sleep with his 14yo girlfriend (an incident for which the police were called). Later, LG would move in with Richard.

Notes on the WMPD files allude to their suspicions over the nature of Richard Simpson and his relationship with his teenaged 'friend'.

http://callahan.8k.com/images2/r_simpson/r_simpson_report_2.JPG

We had a guy like this in our town too - same age group, participated in local theater, had all the teens over for movie nights and let us use his apartment when he was away on trips to SE Asia... Fortunately, our crowd were all good kids - nothing too untoward ever happened, and we took good care of the apartment. But a lot of parents were -really- concerned over us hanging out there, even though he was sort of a 'community leader'.

When I asked if anyone thought this man might be a pedo, the boys all said hell yes, but after a single incident that made one boy uncomfortable, they'd told him to back off that stuff and he'd never made advances again. I was never aware of or heard of him being interested in the girls..

Anyway. When I read the stuff on Simpson, I was immediately reminded of -that- guy.

So Simpson lied about LG's alibi, then backed up when when he failed the poly and admitted the lie, leaving LG with no alibi and a bunch of relatives and friends saying they thought he was involved in the murders.

While people like Buddy Lucas and Tim Cotten are hardly reliable witnesses, they too are on the fairly long list of people who chucked LG under a bus, along with Damien Echols. Seems to me he was almost as big a whipping-boy in public opinion as Echols himself, with whom he was -seen- on the evening of the 5th. As was Domini Teer, his cousin/whatever.

So why was he not arrested? Because he was never mentioned in the Misskellley confessions? Seems to me they had more to go on with LG than they ever had on Baldwin.. and he was much closer to Echols than Jesse was.

Makes me wonder a few things, that. Including whether LG would be alive and freshly off death row right now, if only Jesse had added him to the list.

I've often wondered if LG knew too much. Automobile accidents can be arranged after all. However, that's just more WAS - nothing to support it, just a nagging concern and question.

I know he was later charged with burglary and like crimes.. Wondering if drugs were a bad issue for LG.

Reporting cause for suspension to the proper authorities in such matters is the reasonable thing to do, be it family regarding or otherwise.

*suspicion, I meant suspicion of course.

Yeah, I figured that. :)

In the real world, kyle, families have been known to stick together to protect their own. It's not unheard of, you know? ;)

I actually find it surprising how many family members were eager to have LG looked at as a suspect, and from the very earliest stages of investigation.

So that makes me wonder how he treated his family, or how much trouble he'd been causing, and what kind of trouble that might be.

At least one family member listed "he acts gay" as a reason to suspect him, and ofc I am NOT saying that's valid. Just, it might count toward the kind of disapproval that would cause a family to turn on one of its own like that. What I'm getting at is the question of whether their suspicions had any actual footing in his behaviour prior to the murders.

Twenty years ago, in Arkansas, I suspect the "he acts gay" thing would have been enough. It was probably part of the reason for the accusations against Damien too.

In fact, even less than a year ago, in a facebook debate with someone from outside Arkansas, I was told that the police were right to be following leads against locally known homosexual men because the crime was initially thought to be sexual! And that was from a person whose politics are completely liberal when it comes to gay rights. So you can imagine what the Hollingsworths thought when they heard about three boys found naked and murdered in the woods.

MOO, etc.

:facepalm:

It makes me so sad that 'gay' and 'child molester' are thought to be the same thing, even today.... If people would just do a little research. Sigh.

But yeah, that might be one reason they were all up in arms.

I wish I knew how much credence to give the whole laundry thing. Having LG in company with Domini and Echols, washing clothes.. and the sighting of Domini and Damien near the crime scene..

It actually seems to me that those three were as a group on the Hollingsworth radar.

If everything said about LG's behaviour that day is actually true, he should be right up there on the suspect list. Lying about his alibi could have been that he was up to no good in another regard -- but why not admit that, to avoid suspicion in a -much- worse crime?

It's such a shame we'll never know. Unless one of the more credible members of the Hollingsworth clan deigns to talk about it all, I guess.

Unless one of the more credible members of the Hollingsworth clan deigns to talk about it all, I guess.

Again this is my opinion only, but waiting for a credible member of the Hollingsworth clan is like waiting for a pink unicorn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back