Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score

Reminders:
* if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

* use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos

* copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed

* linking to forums is not allowed

* treat opposing views respectfully
-Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

* add a link to all photos (including attached thumbnails), documents and facts or posts will be removed.

HappyHolidaysBird-300x229.jpg
link
IMG_5235-630x630.jpg
link

For those that are fluent in Italian, is this translation correct?

“She opened the door with the keys and I went inside. I noticed that Filomena’s door was wide-open and glass on the floor and the room was in a mess. Amanda’s door was open and instead everything was in order. Then I went by Meredith’s door and I saw that it was key locked. First I looked if it was true what Amanda told me about blood in the bathroom and I noticed drops of blood in the sink, while on the bathmat there was something strange, a sort of mixture of water and blood, while the rest of the bathroom was clean… The rest was in order. At that very moment Amanda entered the big bathroom and came out frightened, strongly hugging me telling me that before, when she had the shower, she had seen some feces in the toilet that as opposed to now was clean. I asked myself what was happening and went out to see if I could manage to climb to Meredith’s window… I tried to breakdown the door but I didn’t succeed and at that point I decided to call my sister and get her advice because she is a lieutenant in the Carabinieri. She told me to call 112, but in the meantime the postal police arrived. In the previous statement I told you a lot of crap because she [AK] convinced me of her version of the facts and I didn’t think of the inconsistencies."

http://www.corriere.it/cronache/07_novembre_07/meredith_verbali_sarzanini.shtml

In her email, did Knox say that she tried to look through the keyhole of Meredith's bedroom door?

Reading Crini's rambling speech I cannot shake the impression that he indeed doesn't care that much about getting a conviction.

He seems aware that what he's saying makes little sense and already has been demolished by the defence, as he has read the trial file. He seems resigned in his task that was assigned to him, fully aware that the material he has to work with is worthless.

Reading Crini's rambling speech I cannot shake the impression that he indeed doesn't care that much about getting a conviction.

He seems aware that what he's saying makes little sense and already has been demolished by the defence, as he has read the trial file. He seems resigned in his task that was assigned to him, fully aware that the material he has to work with is worthless.
I guess it remains to be seen. But it's interesting that you should say this, because the day he spoke about the unflushed toilet motive, it did flash through my mind, "What if he really doesn't care, and is maybe resigned to losing the case?". I don't think it's clear that the convictions will be upheld. Nor does it seem as clear as with Hellmann that they will be overturned. I guess we will have to wait and see.

AMANDA KNOX AND HER LAWYERS DEMOLISH ALL ACCUSATIONS
http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/amanda-knox-and-her-lawyers-demolish-all-accusations/

Meredith Kercher Family Attorney Makes False Accusations Against Amanda Knox
http://groundreport.com/meredith-ke...-makes-false-accusations-against-amanda-knox/
So it was her attorneys who made the decision she would not be present in court (some on other forums suggested she had gone against her lawyers' wishes that she appear):

Ghirga then went directly to last August, when he and Dalla Vedova went to meet her in Seattle: “Despite the contract and the fact that she had gone back to school, we found her emotionally devastated and scared, and together we decided it was not the case that she should appear in court”.
http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/amanda-knox-and-her-lawyers-demolish-all-accusations/

In her email, did Knox say that she tried to look through the keyhole of Meredith's bedroom door?
I will check her email, but I know Vogt had said in her review of Knox's book, that she had said originally that she had seen Meredith's purse through the keyhole, but later in her book omitted the purse, and said she had seen nothing.

I don't see anything in the email about the keyhole, no: Only knocking on the door, going out to the terrace to try and look into the room, but couldn't see anything.

I don't see anything in the email about the keyhole, no: Only knocking on the door, going out to the terrace to try and look into the room, but couldn't see anything.

The purse means nothing. Meredith had many and in fact went out carrying another one that night.

A lot of the translations on the fake wiki site are done by LS (aka Thoughtful) who wrote a chapter about the case in her book "Maths on Trial". The author <modsnip> (imo based on things she's written on forums) who played crime tourist and went to the cottage and trespassed not only onto the property but inside the house and took photographs because the door was open.

Her co-author and daughter CC's husband was friends with the killer Rudy Guede.

Math on Trial: How Numbers Get Used and Abused in the Courtroom: Leila Schneps, Coralie Colmez: 9780465032921: Amazon.com: Books

I didn't realize that I'd posted a snip from the fake transcript in a thread that was closing and I don't know how to bring posts over here. But I want to reiterate that I have NOT been following the case closely and I'm not sure how or why anyone would dispute that. The reason why I posted was because I was shocked that someone took the trouble to create a mock up of a trial transcript that totally appeared at first glance to be an actual trial transcript. When I glanced at it, I thought it was real. And if I had skipped right to the testimony, I never would have known it was just the typing of some random internet person who calls themselves Thoughtful. That is beyond bizarre, imo.

I didn't realize that I'd posted a snip from the fake transcript in a thread that was closing and I don't know how to bring posts over here. But I want to reiterate that I have NOT been following the case closely and I'm not sure how or why anyone would dispute that. The reason why I posted was because I was shocked that someone took the trouble to create a mock up of a trial transcript that totally appeared at first glance to be an actual trial transcript. When I glanced at it, I thought it was real. And if I had skipped right to the testimony, I never would have known it was just the typing of some random internet person who calls themselves Thoughtful. That is beyond bizarre, imo.

The "inaccurate" rendition of the recorded jail conversation that many posters defended here as a legitimate "alternative version of the transcript" (it was some 2 threads ago) is a product of the same individual.

The "inaccurate" rendition of the recorded jail conversation that many posters defended here as a legitimate "alternative version of the transcript" (it was some 2 threads ago) is a product of the same individual.
I did not defend the transcript, once I had noted that additional material had been added to it, that did not appear in the original.

It's ridiculous that it is being bashed because of where it is hosted. The actual trial is in Italian of course it isn't the actual transcript. It is translated. Please if we are going to accuse it of being inaccurate, take the time to compare two translations and point out the major flaws.

It was made simple to read in format but the testimony is the testimony.

If machine translations are used here and are by no means accurate then this one should be. It's way better than how a machine "interprets" the text.

For those that are fluent in Italian, is this translation correct?

“She opened the door with the keys and I went inside. I noticed that Filomena’s door was wide-open and glass on the floor and the room was in a mess. Amanda’s door was open and instead everything was in order. Then I went by Meredith’s door and I saw that it was key locked. First I looked if it was true what Amanda told me about blood in the bathroom and I noticed drops of blood in the sink, while on the bathmat there was something strange, a sort of mixture of water and blood, while the rest of the bathroom was clean… The rest was in order. At that very moment Amanda entered the big bathroom and came out frightened, strongly hugging me telling me that before, when she had the shower, she had seen some feces in the toilet that as opposed to now was clean. I asked myself what was happening and went out to see if I could manage to climb to Meredith’s window… I tried to breakdown the door but I didn’t succeed and at that point I decided to call my sister and get her advice because she is a lieutenant in the Carabinieri. She told me to call 112, but in the meantime the postal police arrived. In the previous statement I told you a lot of crap because she [AK] convinced me of her version of the facts and I didn’t think of the inconsistencies."

http://www.corriere.it/cronache/07_novembre_07/meredith_verbali_sarzanini.shtml
I cannot read or write Italian, so the only thing I have to offer by way of a comparison, is the Google translate which comes up automatically when I follow the link: Or was yours already a Google translate? I see here and there a word or two is transposed, but the look the same, otherwise.

"She opened the door with the keys and I entered. I noticed that Filomena's door was wide open with the glass on the floor and the room a mess. Amanda's door was open, and instead everything was in order. Then I went to Meredith's door and saw that it was locked. First I looked to see if it was true what Amanda had told me on the blood in the bathroom and I noticed drops of blood on the sink, while on the mat there was something strange, a sort of mixed blood and water, while the rest of the bathroom was clean .... The rest was in order. At that while Amanda went into the bathroom and came out great scared and hugged me and told me that strong before, when he took a shower, he saw that instead of feces in the toilet was clean now. I wondered what was going on and I went out to see if I could climb on the window of Meredith ... I tried to break the door but I could not, and at that point I decided to call my sister and I have recommended to her because he is a police lieutenant. He told me to call 112, but in the meantime came the police post. In the previous report I have reported a lot of crap because she had convinced me of her version of events and I have not thought about the inconsistencies. "

It's ridiculous that it is being bashed because of where it is hosted. The actual trial is in Italian of course it isn't the actual transcript. It is translated. Please if we are going to accuse it of being inaccurate, take the time to compare two translations and point out the major flaws.

It was made simple to read in format but the testimony is the testimony.
Most of what I have read on that site does not differ from other translations. I don't know why words were added to this recorded prison conversation, but in the end it did not really alter the meaning of the conversation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni