Deceased/Not Found VA - Unnamed Male, 56, Bena, 17 Dec 2013 - boat washed up

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Waterman’s boat washes up in Bena.
point_missing_fisherman.jpg

Members of the Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc., found the boat of a missing Williamsburg fisherman Tuesday morning in the York River.

The article states that they have not yet released the 56 year old missing man's name. He was reported missing on Tuesday morning, December 17th, 2013.

http://www.gazettejournal.net/index.php/news/news_article/missing_watermans_boat_washes_up_in_bena

How tragic for his family. I wonder if he suffered a heart attack or some other medical issue and fell overboard.

Why would any sea worthy person take out his boat in these temperatures???

What is the financial situ at home?

What I'm having a hard time understanding is why would LE not release his name? Is he in witness protection? Wanted for murder? He has someone after him? I just can't think of any reason why.

Located: "G.E.W., a 56-year-old Williamsburg man, was reported missing by his family Dec. 16 after he did not come home from a fishing trip on the York River. His boat was found the next day on the Gloucester County side of the York River about 1 mile south of the Coleman Bridge. After that, searchers did not find a trace of the man.

On April 2, a group of kayakers were walking around on Raccoon Island when they discovered a body, according to Northampton County Sheriff David L. Doughty Jr. Investigators from the sheriff’s office and the Virginia Marine Police responded to the area and recovered the body, which was taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Norfolk for autopsy and identification.

Doughty said investigators believe the water carried W’s body to the island. The exact cause of death is still pending."

http://wydaily.com/2014/04/22/missi...tern-shore?cat=localnews/localnews/localnews/

His name was Gary Edward Webb

An Historic Triangle fisherman who disappeared from his boat in December was found dead earlier this month on Raccoon Island, a remote barrier island in Northampton County on the southern tip of the Eastern Shore.

His name was Gary Edward Webb

An Historic Triangle fisherman who disappeared from his boat in December was found dead earlier this month on Raccoon Island, a remote barrier island in Northampton County on the southern tip of the Eastern Shore.
Just to avoid confusion, I note that the article you post is dated 2014.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back