UT UT - Kiplyn Davis, 15, Spanish Fork, 2 May 1995

yes, I had heard of this case before. I seem to recall that she went missing either right after school, or actually during school, like in between classes. I can't remember exactly..

It's VERY strange how quiet people were about her disappearance - and the possibility that her body's been found.

Really, how odd that they were hinting that several at the high school knew what happened to her and never spoke up. I guess it happens, but seems odd when it does.

And the last quote, about Warner declining to comment whether her body's been found - apparently if she's been found, the dad himself hasn't been told.

Sounds strange. What an awful situation all round.

Here's another article - they're calling the suspicious guy "U.P.", for "unnamed person", and yet they're fully naming the guy who's lying to provide an alibi for U.P. Why? Why name an assumed innocent man, (who did lie, though) and not name someone who's certainly a "person of interest" in this case? Who is he, that they're trying so hard to hide his identity, to the point of not pursuing this girl's disappearance for a decade?

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2698617

edited to add: what a truly grisly picture, too, at this link. The faces are distorted, but the actual subject of the photo, with the doll . . . is grisly. How sad.

I moved to Spanish Fork three years after Kiplyn disappeared. As a student at the same high school, I was suprised that nobody seemed as interested in the case as I was. That said, it does seem like a lot of people knew more than they were willing to talk about. Truly is a very strange, heartbreaking case. The stories I heard when I asked around was that the SFPD had a "person of interest" all along, but had no evidence to bring him in. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is....what do they have now that they didn't have before?

jaybird said:
I moved to Spanish Fork three years after Kiplyn disappeared. As a student at the same high school, I was suprised that nobody seemed as interested in the case as I was. That said, it does seem like a lot of people knew more than they were willing to talk about. Truly is a very strange, heartbreaking case. The stories I heard when I asked around was that the SFPD had a "person of interest" all along, but had no evidence to bring him in. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is....what do they have now that they didn't have before?

Interesting, Jaybird.

It seems to me like what they have now, that they didn't have before, is evidence that Brunson lied in giving an alibi to the U.P. I think that's the new part of the story.

KatherineQ said:
Here's another article - they're calling the suspicious guy "U.P.", for "unnamed person", and yet they're fully naming the guy who's lying to provide an alibi for U.P. Why? Why name an assumed innocent man, (who did lie, though) and not name someone who's certainly a "person of interest" in this case? Who is he, that they're trying so hard to hide his identity, to the point of not pursuing this girl's disappearance for a decade?

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2698617

edited to add: what a truly grisly picture, too, at this link. The faces are distorted, but the actual subject of the photo, with the doll . . . is grisly. How sad.
i was thinking the same thing. it would be intersting to know if anyone important in the community had a son who was at their high school during that time.

i am assuming son instead of daughter bc of the shingles comment.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600155272,00.html

A second man has been arrested in the disappearance of Kiplyn Davis after his indictment on charges of lying to a grand jury and to an FBI agent.
Court documents indicate the 15-year-old Spanish Fork resident may have been murdered...
In a case that has gone unsolved for more than 10 years, federal prosecutors are turning up the heat on a group of former teens who either knew Davis or knew her associates, and who may have information about her disappearance in 1995.

I remember a reference to this during the ES case.
I am so glad that something is happening in this case.
Thanks for the links.
It is frightening to think that this happened at school. At least the abduction or luring away part happened at school.

Two years after a Spanish Fork teenager disappeared in 1995, two men allegedly made a chilling request to a friend.
"We need some help," they said. "We need to move a body."
That evidence, revealed to investigators for the first time last week, could help solve the mystery of what happened to Kiplyn Davis, who vanished a decade ago. While her father is relieved the family is closer to bringing Kiplyn home, he also feels additional pain.
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2948117

Two years after a Spanish Fork teenager disappeared in 1995, two men allegedly made a chilling request to a friend.
"We need some help," they said. "We need to move a body."
That evidence, revealed to investigators for the first time last week, could help solve the mystery of what happened to Kiplyn Davis, who vanished a decade ago. While her father is relieved the family is closer to bringing Kiplyn home, he also feels additional pain.
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2948117

The town (Spanish Fork, Utah) is going CRAZY!! Lots of rumors flying everywhere...I can't wait until this case is finally solved and Kiplyn gets a proper burial. I hope the Davises will finally get the justice, the peace of mind, and the closure they've been denied for 10 years!!

Spanish Fork resident Garry Blackmore, 25, and a friend, identified
in court papers only as U.P. for Unnamed Person, are the two men who allegedly asked a third person for help. At a hearing Tuesday, U.S. Magistrate Samuel Alba ordered Blackmore held in jail pending an Oct. 19 trial on charges of making false statements and perjury.
Blackmore is accused of hearing U.P. admit to killing 15-year-old Kiplyn but lying to FBI agents and a grand jury by denying he had heard the confession.
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2960227

Spanish Fork resident Garry Blackmore, 25, and a friend, identified
in court papers only as U.P. for Unnamed Person, are the two men who allegedly asked a third person for help. At a hearing Tuesday, U.S. Magistrate Samuel Alba ordered Blackmore held in jail pending an Oct. 19 trial on charges of making false statements and perjury.

Blackmore is accused of hearing U.P. admit to killing 15-year-old Kiplyn but lying to FBI agents and a grand jury by denying he had heard the confession.
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2960227

It would be nice if these SOB's would just tell where she is. Her family deserves to know. I am so happy to hear that things are finally starting to break wide open in Kiplyn's case.
Prayers to her family.

The parents of a 15-year-old Spanish Fork girl who has been missing for over a decade say the recent arrest and indictment of yet a third man in connection with the disappearance is a significant step toward bringing their daughter's body home.

Federal prosecutors gave hope to the Davises, calling the arrest and indictment of 28-year-old Timmy Brent Olsen on 20 counts of lying before a grand jury a big development in the case.

U.S. Attorney Paul Warner said testimony by several witnesses links Olsen directly to the disappearance, and possible murder, of Davis.
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,615153246,00.html

jaybird said:
I went to High School with Kiplyn I was a junior when she dissapered. She was a very bright and happy girl and there were a lot of people who missed her. I have never forgotten nor did I ever lose interrest in wanting to find out what had happend. When it first happend it was on the lips of everyone for a long time, by the time you moved to Spanish Fork a lot of people were losing or had lost hope. All the men that are being charged now I went to high school with. I hope they all pay for what they did and I also hope they bring Kiplyn home where she can finally rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back