Deceased/Not Found KS - Franklin Harrod, 24, Butler County, 28 July 1997 *Trussell & Harrod guilty*

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Do any of you who research unidentified remains know of any found that could be Punkie's? His family wants so much to find him!

:rose: Punkie is our featured cold case from 1/18/2014 to 1/26/2014 :rose:

I wonder if there is some prison privilege they could entice these miscreants with, so that they would lead L.E. to the remains?

@Laughing. Funny! I couldn't trust myself on that one. Remember the pie from the movie "the help"? Lord have mercy, I'm evil. : )

I can't help wondering if this man is distantly related to Bob Harrod, who is a MO native. That would be horrible to have two long term missing in the same family, even if they never met or knew about each other. :(

I haven't read much yet, but it all seems a bit messy so far. The transcript of the first trial was 'not available' at the appeal, ie, lost? Surely not?

It appears that all chances of getting further information about the location of Punkie's remains from the perps is lost now (cookies notwithstanding). Doesn't mean he can't come home though. I suspect it will require very hard work from family and a mind that can sort the wheat from the chaff, location wise. That would be a SAR professional.

Back to reading through all the chaff now.

What's so sad is that his wife is out of jail.

I am confused about whether or not the accusations of abuse are true. Is there anything that says they are or was this all a ruse to get the other couple involved?

What's so sad is that his wife is out of jail.

I am confused about whether or not the accusations of abuse are true. Is there anything that says they are or was this all a ruse to get the other couple involved?

She is? I hadn't got that far. I hooe she decides to stay single. I don't think she's quite cut out for marriage.

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of interest in Punkie's case now. With the convictions, I guess many people think all is done and dusted. It is not, until someone brings him home of course.

The Charley Project link stated that they did not find Punkie's body where the perp indicated it would be, but did find a blue tarp that matched what they had him wrapped in. I could not find any information as to if the tarp was tested and had any DNA or other distinguishing features to identify it as the same tarp he was wrapped in, or if it was just coincidentally there.

If the perp was even remotely telling the truth, I imagine that meticulous searching the banks of that river & nearby woods with HRD dogs would be what brings him home.

Franklin's case appears here, listed alphabetically under offender name Trussell. It's a website run by a former DA who tries to keep track of all no body prosecutions. I know it's no consulation to Franklin's family, but it is good to know that his case is perhaps helping inform other DAs that prosecutions without a body are possible, and can be successful.

http://www.nobodycases.com/no_body2.pdf

Just posting Franklin's photo as I keep losing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 28
Is there any resemblance to this UID, does anyone think? He was found in 2000 and it's estimated he had been there at least three years - so I'm guessing the hair color may not be accurate. Over a 3 hour journey from where Franklin disappeared though so......

I will try and find this UID on Namus.

http://articles.kspr.com/2010-09-14/sheriff_24122560

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 16
There is a Namus entry. There is no clothing, hair, height or weight for this UID. Hands and limbs were not recovered. DNA has been submitted. Only info is the image I linked above and:

Found Nevada, Vernon County MO in 2000
Estimated date of death 1985-1997
Estimated age 26-36
Dentals available
29 rule outs but Franklin's not amongst them.

There is no case number on Namus but the case manager is David Ferry at Vernon Cnty Coroner's Office: 417-667-3322

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back