Clarification on the "practice notes"

zara

Reaction score
Does anyone have links or further info regarding the practice ransom notes supposedly written on the notepad? Were pages found with the beginnings of a note?

Does anyone have links or further info regarding the practice ransom notes supposedly written on the notepad? Were pages found with the beginnings of a note?

There were missing pages from the pad that were ripped off. There was an imprint on some of the pages that indicated there were more versions of the note, and a "practice note" was found that had only the salutation of "Mr & Mrs Ramsey".
Later, this was said to be the start of a party invitation.

the notepad:
pages 1 – 12: missing
pages 13 – 16: ‘doodles’
pages 17 - 25: missing
page 26: the so-called “‘practice”’ note - Mr and Mrs l (downstroke of R); bleed through from page 25
pages 27 – 29: the ransom note

So...
Pages 17 to 25 are missing.
Pages 26 (practice note) is attached.
Pages 27, 28, and 29 – the ransom note – is removed.

Removing the pages before and after page 26 - the so-called practice note - creates a bookmark of sorts. This means that the notepad would “naturally” open to page 26, thus making this the first page most likely to be seen by someone looking through the notepad.

AK

According to Thomas, pages 1-12 of the notepad had been torn out, the next four pages contained "doodles, lists," & "miscellaneous writing". Pages 17 through 25 "were also missing from the tablet." Page 26 is what we refer to as "the practice note." Written on that page was "Mr. and Mrs. I", and there was ink bleed through from the previous page.

More info, from Thomas in IRMI (p. 74 HB):

"Comparisons of the ragged tops of the ransom note pages with the remnants left in the tablet proved that it had come from pages 27, 28, and 29. Furthermore, the ink bleedthrough discovered on page 26 indicated that perhaps still another practice note could have been written on page 25 and been discarded."

The story about an opening to a supposed 'invitation' that Patsy supposedly admitted to writing was, initially, a product of hearsay. It seems follow-up information has been forgotten, neglected, or ignored by some. Pam Griffin, the woman from whom the statement supposedly originated, ultimately denied the testimony that had been attributed to her via Frank Coffman. ...per Shapiro. ...according to Schiller.

It's kinda like that game, "Telephone"...

Ok thanks. There's so much info out there on this case -it's mind boggling! I'm trying to sift through fact v fiction to make up my mind as to a theory. (Although I'm pretty sure I have a theory already).

Did they ever release a pic of the 'Mr and Mrs I' bit, you know, to compare the lettering etc?

Did they ever release a pic of the 'Mr and Mrs I' bit, you know, to compare the lettering etc?

Ooh good question! Seems like SO much evidence has been released-why wouldn't the sheet be released as well? Speaking of-how DID "we" get access to all we did? The autopsy pics, crime scene photos, ransom notes etc? Were they insider leaks? I follow a few other cases and seems like much of the info in other cases is protected-particularly autopsy & crime scene photos!

Ooh good question! Seems like SO much evidence has been released-why wouldn't the sheet be released as well? Speaking of-how DID "we" get access to all we did? The autopsy pics, crime scene photos, ransom notes etc? Were they insider leaks? I follow a few other cases and seems like much of the info in other cases is protected-particularly autopsy & crime scene photos!

In truth, very little evidence has been released.

In truth, very little evidence has been released.

Really? Do you mean officially released-or are you referring to the amount of info available? If its the latter-I don't doubt there is much, much more evidence out there (as evidenced by the 13 months it took to present to the Grand Jury) but in comparison to many other murder cases, I think there's plenty of evidence that's available to the general public. Especially when considering the victim was a minor :(.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back