MO MO - Donald Erwin, 59, Camden, 29 Dec 2013 *remains ID ongoing*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Donald Lee Erwin
Erwin.jpg

Donald Lee Erwin is a 59 year old white male that has been missing since December 29th, 2013 from Camden, Missouri. He was last seen by his wife as he left to make what was supposed to be a quick trip to a store. He never returned home. Erwin drives a Silver 2002 Hyundai Elantra, with Missouri plates MK6-E3P.

Erwin is 5' 8", 190 lbs, and has long brown graying hair that he wears in a ponytail. He also wears a full beard. He is also missing his left leg.

Please contact the Camden County Sheriff's Department at 573-346-2243.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=988936#.UsNVhfRDuSq

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/autho...on/-/21048998/23711102/-/msoqbqz/-/index.html

Camdenton is in the Lake of the Ozarks area. It's the off-season but still lots of activities going on in the area. Some of the facts are puzzling to me.

Why would he go to a store without his wallet? How was he going to pay for his purchase?

Why would he be driving without his glasses?

It seems to me that in any case he didn't plan to be gone long...if he really took off on his own. I am a little suspicious of the cigarette-buying story.

With only one leg, he would be, seemingly, an easy target if that is what happened. He's been missing for WAY too long, so I don't think he's with us given his medicinal needs.

You are so right about him being an easy target, also, with his diabetes being bad enough that he had a leg amputated he may have have had an insulin blackout or coma due to his blood sugar falling/rising.

Clearly I'm not the sleuth I thought I was. I never made a connection between the amputation and diabetes. I was caregiver to my mom who was diabetic. When her blood sugar went too high (she loved and sneaked candy at any opportunity) she became quite irrational and impulsive.

It doesn't seem his vehicle has been found. There are countless back roads in the area as anything that so much as gets a breeze from the lake is sold as vacation property, no matter how bad the access. There are also countless boat ramps and water access points in the area. Many of them would normally have no one around them this time of year and some would be accessible from private drives, etc.

I hope he's safe somewhere, but we've also had extremely cold temperatures going down to minus 15 to minus 20 this past week as well as a fair amount of snow. Those temperatures, BTW, were air temperatures, not wind chills.

I suppose it would have been more suspicious if he had taken his medicine with him. Still, he only had a $13 gift card and gas for maybe 45 miles or so. He did not take his glasses or his wallet. I wouldn't think $13 would get you much in the way of cigarettes. This is another time that information is lacking. I assume he didn't make it to the store. With the searching going on it would seem that the car has been concealed somewhere or it would have been spotted by now.

Body found at truck stop in OKC, body may have been there for five days

~Snip~

Police responded to the Flying J Truck stop near I-40 and Morgan Road in Yukon, Okla., after someone reported seeing a body in the area.

Police say the body was found in a 2002 Hyundai Elentra.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...in-okc-body-may-have-been-there-for-five-days

Body Discovered At Yukon Truck Stop

~Snip~

Police have not identified the body, but they believe the death is of natural causes.

http://www.news9.com/story/24614057/body-discovered-in-semi-at-yukon-truck-stop

Can't find any updates on the body found at the Yukon truck stop. I did watch the news video and the car appears to be white rather than silver. Surely LE has checked the tag and/or VIN by now, at any rate.

Mr. Erwin was still missing as of yesterday:

http://www.lakenewsonline.com/article/20140207/NEWS/140209198/-1/entertainment%20life

According to Kelly Luttrell at the Camden County Sheriff’s Department, the case is still open, but there are no new leads in this case. Investigators are on the case and are still working with the original information given to law enforcement.

what ever was determined about the body found at the truck stop? I came across this missing person on FB last night and the family is at odds with each others it seems. Lots of arguing about why certain family members are not helping to locate him. That area that he went missing is like open country...lots of connecting side roads that leads to smaller towns and then they connect. was it ever determined if he made it to the store?

Donald Lee Erwin still has not been found. His wife moved off to Kansas City Area just 2 short weeks after he went missing the never returned to their home here. She since cleaned out their home and rented it or sold it to someone else. and threw all of Donnies belongings in the trash. Seems a little odd to me that she nor his son were ever questioned to where what when or why. And its like we are a dead end looking for him. I myself have searched every side road that there is in this area including Laclede County. Any help would be

what ever was determined about the body found at the truck stop? I came across this missing person on FB last night and the family is at odds with each others it seems. Lots of arguing about why certain family members are not helping to locate him. That area that he went missing is like open country...lots of connecting side roads that leads to smaller towns and then they connect. was it ever determined if he made it to the store?

Yes the family arguing is his wife and son. They moved her off to Kansas City Mo area only 2 weeks after he went missing and she then rented the trailer out to the neighbor who was the lasst to see him alive. and then she put all his belongings in the dumpster and other neighbors found his electric wheel chair in the trash and took it out. during a search and rescue this was found out in April after handing out flyers all weekend at Lake of the Ozarks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back