Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Welcome to the new home for Kyron Horman's forum. We will only be using the general discussion thread unless there is breaking news.

We've also left the divorce proceedings thread open.

:grouphug:

top of page 12 on the document filed by Engels in the docs: "this release is not intended to apply to any claim Respondent may have against Petitioner related to the pending Criminal Charges against him."

I guess kaine has some criminal charges against him? Humm.. Who knew?

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/...

top of page 12 on the document filed by Engels in the docs: "this release is not intended to apply to any claim Respondent may have against Petitioner related to the pending Criminal Charges against him."

I'm actually surprised terri's attorneys didn't suggest fabricating some kind of charge before this, since they don't have any good defensive strategy in place. It seems like her attorneys have been getting more confident that evidence won't be found in the Kyron investigation and have been getting bolder. Maybe they've decided that if they could trump up some charges to muddy the custody waters, they might create enough confusion for Terri to have a chance at visitation. This isn't uncommon in custody cases.

I'm actually surprised terri's attorneys didn't suggest fabricating some kind of charge before this, since they don't have any good defensive strategy in place. It seems like her attorneys have been getting more confident that evidence won't be found in the Kyron investigation and have been getting bolder. Maybe they've decided that if they could trump up some charges to muddy the custody waters, they might create enough confusion for Terri to have a chance at visitation. This isn't uncommon in custody cases.

So, I guess this conversation has taken place between Kaine and Terris lawyers already, since Kaines lawyer is aware of "pending criminal chargeS" and Terris lawyer signed off on it...

Why even bother writing the statement anyway? It is Terri signing off that she won't sue Kaine? What the heck does it even mean?

So, I guess this conversation has taken place between Kaine and Terris lawyers already, since Kaines lawyer is aware of "pending criminal chargeS" and Terris lawyer signed off on it...

Why even bother writing the statement anyway? It is Terri signing off that she won't sue Kaine? What the heck does it even mean?

I have no idea! I wonder if gitana will be around to lend her legal insight to this?

As far as charges, my guess is it must be terri alleging defamation or alienation or something? Kaine has been working so closely with LE it's not going to be something like drugs or abuse or whatever the normal custody allegations tend to be.

I also noticed it said that Terri didn't submit a single record in the divorce, so they had to impute minimum wage, so it's probably not a financial legal sally.

May this be the year that Kyron is found and that there will be justice !

:please: for Kyron !

I get a "forbidden" message from this link. Is there another?

ami, your guess is incorrect. It says criminal charges, not civil charges. If Terri were to bring suit, it would not be a criminal suit. It would appear that Kaine is going to be prosecuted for a legal infraction by law enforcement, as that is the only entity who can bring criminal charges. The coming days will clarify this, I am sure. This appears to have been settled quickly for good reasons. My guess is that LE had a new expert come in and shed some new light on prior erroneous assumptions. Also, because Kaine is the petitioner, this clause was forced by Terri's attorney to be put in there and unlikely to be an erroneous statement because it is addressing Terri's right to possible future action. This would have to be one huge error if missed by both sides and their attorneys. Anything is possible, but I pray this means that Kyron's case has had some sort of major break.

Just checking in for new developments. I will never stop hoping that Kyron is found. I must believe, one day he will be and justice done.

ami, your guess is incorrect. It says criminal charges, not civil charges. If Terri were to bring suit, it would not be a criminal suit. It would appear that Kaine is going to be prosecuted for a legal infraction by law enforcement, as that is the only entity who can bring criminal charges. The coming days will clarify this, I am sure. This appears to have been settled quickly for good reasons. My guess is that LE had a new expert come in and shed some new light on prior erroneous assumptions. Also, because Kaine is the petitioner, this clause was forced by Terri's attorney to be put in there and unlikely to be an erroneous statement because it is addressing Terri's right to possible future action. This would have to be one huge error if missed by both sides and their attorneys. Anything is possible, but I pray this means that Kyron's case has had some sort of major break.

One way to puzzle this out is to consider what claims TH could make against KH that would result in pending (under investigation, but no indictment formally filed) criminal charges. Here’s a list of potential criminal offenses:
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/view-all-criminal-charges.html

My guess is a claim of domestic violence, which is not unusual in rancorous divorce cases. Maybe possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia. Maybe criminal harassment:
“Generally, criminal harassment entails intentionally targeting someone else with behavior that is meant to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them. Not all petty annoyances constitute harassment. Instead, most state laws require that the behavior cause a credible threat to the person's safety or their family's safety. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/harassment.html#sthash.X5VCkObu.dpuf”

IMO, it’s doubtful the pending criminal charges have anything to do with Ky’s disappearance. It’s more likely a “counter charge” brought as leverage for TH in the upcoming custody battle.

One way to puzzle this out is to consider what claims TH could make against KH that would result in pending (under investigation, but no indictment formally filed) criminal charges. Here’s a list of potential criminal offenses:
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/view-all-criminal-charges.html

My guess is a claim of domestic violence, which is not unusual in rancorous divorce cases. Maybe possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia. Maybe criminal harassment:
“Generally, criminal harassment entails intentionally targeting someone else with behavior that is meant to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them. Not all petty annoyances constitute harassment. Instead, most state laws require that the behavior cause a credible threat to the person's safety or their family's safety. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/harassment.html#sthash.X5VCkObu.dpuf”

IMO, it’s doubtful the pending criminal charges have anything to do with Ky’s disappearance. It’s more likely a “counter charge” brought as leverage for TH in the upcoming custody battle.

That's along the lines of what I'm thinking, too. Okay, if not defamation then some other charge common in the custody-battle bag of tricks.

Whenever I watch documentaries about cases that were solved years later, the ones that always get me are the ones in which investigators know who did it, but until that critical piece of evidence that gives the best chance for conviction is found, their hands are tied. And so the family and LE sits.

As I said, I don't know the specifics of which charges the suit is referring to, but my guess (regardless of what those charges might be) is that they are the standard "go on the offensive" type charges that people tend to use as leverage in custody battles.

At this point Terri has almost no other avenue open to her except honesty/willingness to cooperate (which she has refused) or rolling the dice by remaining uncooperative but banking on the court system to give her some parental rights, and the latter path could be taken more offensively by making allegations against the custodial parent.

That baby girl is 5 now! Shows me truly how much time Kyron has been gone. They need to do something different with Terri, go a new route.
I would really, really like Kyron home this year.

Just checking for anything new.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This thread's been open for 16 days and we haven't gotten to page 2... :sigh:

Where are you, Kyron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics