Recreational Marijuana For Sale in Colorado

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7040d0-7320-11e3-8b3f-b1666705ca3b_story.html

"Marijuana sales commence in Colorado for recreational use"

"The first-in-the-nation law was greeted with long lines at retailers and a lot of “Rocky Mountain High” jokes. But beyond the buzz, the measure represented the institution of a major new public policy in America — one that opponents fear will turn the state into a dangerous land of debauchery and that backers hope sets a nationwide precedent."

"If Colorado is able to successfully legalize marijuana without causing a social backlash, the tourism, tax and other considerations are likely to compel several other states to quickly follow suit."

So if you smoke it in Colorado where it's legal, then go home and get hit with a drug test where it's not legal, can you get in trouble?

So if you smoke it in Colorado where it's legal, then go home and get hit with a drug test where it's not legal, can you get in trouble?

It's not really so much as having the substance in your system- it's more so to deal with the actual possession of the substance. :) For example, if you were to smoke in Colorado, and then come back to your home state where it isn't legal, you would not be in any trouble with your state government whatsoever.

Of course, if you were to be drug tested via your workplace, you would face the same repercussions as always. So if you were to fail a drug test through your career, you would not face any legal consequences due to the fact that the drug test results are confidential between you and your employer. Usually, the consequence for a positive drug test in the workplace is a termination of said job.

The real "trouble" would stem from bringing back any possession of cannabis. Once you cross state lines, you are no longer in any legal possession of the substance (unless you happen to live in a state with medical marijuana and you are a licensed medical marijuana card member).

Hope that helps answer your question! :seeya:

This is a 7 min CNN clip from their "Ganja Pot Series." http://youtu.be/P9H0s3-71k0

The remote reporter is enjoying her job way too much during the last 2 minutes. It's a fun watch mostly of senior citizens indulging with the new Colorado laws.

Has there been a poll on here yet?
What do you folks think?

I think its great, all the evidence shows that pot is no worse than alcohol if not far better. Criminal sentences and the black market are both big negatives while legalization allows tax revenue to go up without making a change to allowing children to smoke, that is still illegal as it should be. Just as alcohol is.

Has there been a poll on here yet?
What do you folks think?

Oh~snap thinks it is bad stuff! I have a wicked reaction to it. Dr. said paradoxical effect and to never touch it again.
??? I get a blood shot brain!

Seems silly to outlaw a weed that grows in the ground.
I get the whole debate.
For me it just doesn't matter.
Imo legal or not people will smoke it.
In fact I think around 90% of the people I know use it at least a few times a year.
Me, my dad, my son & one female friend are the only ones I know for SURE don't.
Guess I should say 96%. lol
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I live in Ont. Canada and I just love it. I vaporize and it helps my health issues.

I am hugely pro-legalization of weed on every level. I think a WS poll is a great idea! (and if I knew how to create a poll, I would)

I don't have the right kind of brain chemistry for pot--it makes me anxious and self-conscious. I also can't really drink, seem to have an alcohol intolerance (I get ill, cold sweats/chills about an hour after drinking even on drink). Just not going to make it in substance abuse. :)

But more power to them. Rather people were sitting at home eating Cheetos and watching tv than out driving drunk.

I think its great, all the evidence shows that pot is no worse than alcohol if not far better. Criminal sentences and the black market are both big negatives while legalization allows tax revenue to go up without making a change to allowing children to smoke, that is still illegal as it should be. Just as alcohol is.

I used pot while in cancer treatment. Didn't smoke it but made brownies and also made butter.

I was reading yesterday that banks will not allow the dispensaries in Colorado to deposit money, since it is a cash business, because they are concerned the government will charge them. "... fear that federal regulators and law enforcement authorities might punish them, with measures like large fines, for violating prohibitions on money-laundering, among other federal laws and regulations..."

It will be interesting to see what, if any, action the banks will take to change laws so that they can accept the money with out penalty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/us/banks-say-no-to-marijuana-money-legal-or-not.html?_r=0

News just announced a new retail shop in Carbondale, CO has opened up...a line for blocks of people waiting ever so patiently :)

I used pot while in cancer treatment. Didn't smoke it but made brownies and also made butter.

I was reading yesterday that banks will not allow the dispensaries in Colorado to deposit money, since it is a cash business, because they are concerned the government will charge them. "... fear that federal regulators and law enforcement authorities might punish them, with measures like large fines, for violating prohibitions on money-laundering, among other federal laws and regulations..."

It will be interesting to see what, if any, action the banks will take to change laws so that they can accept the money with out penalty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/us/banks-say-no-to-marijuana-money-legal-or-not.html?_r=0

The feds have said they are turning a blind eye to this and WA which is up next. A watch and see attitude allowing state rights to triumph on the issue and imo is because certainly the President is intelligent enough to know that legalization is best even if it can't be legalized federally yet...this is the road to nationwide legalization. Peacefully and it makes such a difference to crime numbers in prison IMO. The number of people incarcerated for possession is astronomical and costs millions to taxpayers as well as ruining lives for something that is less harmful than booze. Sure there will be incidents where its to blame for a negative action, as there are with alcohol and some won't handle it well as it is now with alcohol again. But overall it is a win win for the gov't and the people.

Banks are being foolish. Even in the early days of medical marijuana in California they went after the growers rather than the banks the growers used.

Hopefully common sense comes to play

It is decriminalized here in Mass for personal use. I'd love to be able to not risk a ticket though. It's extremely helpful for anxiety and PTSD. Like ArianeEmory though, there a some strains that make me more anxious, just hit me the wrong way. I only acquire from people I know well. My old hippy aunt is my go-to lol.

And I still have a nice spot in my garden, next to my other herbs, all ready for when it's fully legalized. :)

It is decriminalized here in Mass for personal use. I'd love to be able to not risk a ticket though. It's extremely helpful for anxiety and PTSD. Like ArianeEmory though, there a some strains that make me more anxious, just hit me the wrong way. I only acquire from people I know well. My old hippy aunt is my go-to lol.

And I still have a nice spot in my garden, next to my other herbs, all ready for when it's fully legalized. :)

I haven['t smoked in years, found i coughed to much but might try a vaporizer if it became legal. Better for my diabetes than a gin and tonic. And that is something you will see..more smokers but less booze imo. Man has used mind altering drugs since time began in one format or another, some religious based others recreation based. Right now the only legal one is alcohol but for those who just want to take an edge of and be relaxed are going to avoid the hangover if they can

I've never tried the vaporizer, but would probably prefer it to smoking. Putting it into cookies or brownies is always good too! But with kids around I'd be paranoid someone would find them and eat them lol (my kids can sniff out snacks like truffle pigs haha... Have to keep any and all chips/treats/etc hidden away or they eat them all the first day I bring them home from grocery shopping!).

Oh well, no different from the old liquor cabinets of our parents, that, once we were teens, we'd raid with stupid regularity lol. SO gross, I still have a horrible memory of being about 15, and not knowing what different hard alcohols tasted like (other than the usually homemade wine we had with family dinner) or how to mix them, etc, and letting a friend give me a big tumbler of scotch mixed wit sprite. Wtf were we thinking? I have never been so grossed out in my life, and yet I still drank it. 25 years later, I can still taste the memory of it. :facepalm: :puke:

One thing I was pleased about but surprised me is they are allowing home grow, up to 12 plants I believe in a house. It seems they are treating it like home made wine. It is also going to make for a small business industry in grow lamps, seeds etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back