KY - Joseph Newton for child sexual abuse, Marion County, 2005

richandfamous

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Man Faces Over 700 Sexual Abuse Charges
A Marion County man has been released from jail on bond after his indictment on more than 700 sexual abuse counts, allegedly committed against a juvenile.

Counts in the indictment returned April 18th also accuses Newton of criminal attempt to rape and intimidation of a witness.

Newton met his $80,000 bond April 21st. Marion Circuit Judge Allan Bertram scheduled Newton's arraignment for May 2nd.

http://www.wkyt.com/global/story.asp?s=3291594&ClientType=Printable

Newton is also charged with threatening a potential witness.

He's been released on bond, but is due back in court June 20th.

Now tell me why this judge sets such a low bail on someone who has charges against him for rape and intimidating a witness????

This is the Judge!
Marion Circuit Judge Allan Bertram
Allan Ray Bertram Circuit Judge Courthouse 203 N. Court Street, Suite 1, Campbellsville, KY 42718 Taylor (270) 465-6603

What do you mean 'set such a low bail'? I would like to know why bail was set at all! This pig shouldn't be let out pending a trial. If he is charged with 700+ charges, he is clearly a danger to society. :furious:

sleuthin4fun said:
Can you say mandatory castration?
why not?
Didn't a judge recently force a mother to have her tubes tied?

I believe so. 700 charges, I honestly believe that castration should be an option.

I swear, I do not know what that judge was thinking! We see this happening more and more, and I just don't understand. :(

Unreal. This guy must be connected to get bail and this kind of response from a judge. How scary for the victim to have this creep walk...

Judge Allan Bertram: seems he is pretty tough on furniture store burgler...???

http://www.cknj.com/articles/2005/05/03/news/03motionbertram.txt
Probation revoked for man who broke into furniture store

"A Campbellsville man who broke into Furniture Liquidators has had his probation revoked and will serve two years in prison.

Robert Keith Dotson, 24, of 9489 Saloma Road in Campbellsville appeared before Taylor Circuit Court Judge Allan Bertram on April 19."

Also on Bertram's docket:

"Sandra Dix, 34, of 4195 Campbellsville Road in Campbellsville pleaded guilty to 20 counts of complicity to commit second-degree possession of forged checks. A first-degree persistent felony offender charge was dismissed.

Dix was sentenced to three years in prison and ordered to pay $1,113.99 in restitution.

Bob Colvin, 74, of 2033 Wooleyville Road in Campbellsville was sentenced to five years' probation on a theft charge.

In September, Colvin pleaded guilty to two counts of theft by deception more than $300 when he wrote a check to Rattliff Motors for a car, knowing that the check would not be honored."

there's more......
http://www.cknj.com/articles/2005/05/03/news/03motionbertram.txt

seems you can rape and molest but do not mess with bad checks!!!

Marion Circuit Judge Allan Bertram
Allan Ray Bertram Circuit Judge Courthouse 203 N. Court Street, Suite 1, Campbellsville, KY 42718 Taylor (270) 465-6603

where can I get a photo of this wonderful judge?

This is ridiculous! Is there any new info on this and where the hell can we write to complain about this judge? This is an outrage! :mad:

This guy would be considered a sex offender...no?? If so then I want to know why he isn't on the registry...what filth!!!

IMO someone with this many charges deserves DP or LWOP...

lady-eowyn said:
This guy would be considered a sex offender...no?? If so then I want to know why he isn't on the registry...what filth!!!

IMO someone with this many charges deserves DP or LWOP...

Evidently he's not been convicted before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back