CA CA - Newport Beach, Male UP12261, 30+, in Crystal Cove, Dec'13

Could this be related to that shooting that happened a week and a half ago?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24295764/sdpd-family-looking-for-man-missing-since-fatal-shooting
There was a shooting at a Macy's in Mission Valley. Gianni Belvedere's fiancee was shot dead, his brother is in critical condition and Gianni is currently missing.

• The timing is perfect (Belvedere went missing on Dec. 23, body was found on Dec. 24)
  • The distance is only 83 miles (about 1 hour and 20 minutes)
  • The description of dark-colored hair matches
  • The weight is spot-on (both Belvedere and the UID are 165 pounds)

Only problem is, the UID is about 5'9 and Gianni Belvedere is about 6 feet all.

Been following the Gianni Belvedere thread and this looks really promising to me. Well, not promising as in a good outcome, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

http://lakeforest-ca.patch.com/grou...ks-help-identifying-missing-man-lakeforest-ca

This states the body was "so decomposed that they could not determine age or race." I doubt it is GB. Decomposition would not be that advanced after a matter of a day, right? Even in water?

You wouldn't think so, but maybe. And since several days elapsed between when they found the body and when they released the flyer, they probably already checked that possibility out.

But sometimes connections like that get overlooked.

What about Bryce Laspisa? He has been missing for quite some time. From the Orange County area, went missing up north near Valencia.

never mind, Bryce is a redhead. The article says dark colored hair.

TBH I was wondering if this is a panga accident, rather than a MP. A smuggler wouldn't be reported as a MP in California.

20fa0ddb-63db-4bc3-ba78-012d5ea187c8_zpsz74noemo.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/beach-651713-newport-ocsd.html

The Orange County Sheriff’s Department has released a sketch of an unidentified man whose body was found floating Christmas Eve 2013 off Newport Beach...

He may have suffered head trauma and a 35-pound iron dumbbell had been tied to his ankles, Hallock said. It hasn’t been determined whether the man's death was a homicide or a suicide, he added.

The man was wearing dark Champion nylon sweatpants with zippered legs, size-11 black Asics tennis shoes and a black Timex watch with a black plastic band. He is thought to have been between 30 and 50 years old, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9 and about 165 pounds with dark hair.

He may have suffered head trauma and a 35-pound iron dumbbell had been tied to his ankles, Hallock said. It hasn’t been determined whether the man's death was a homicide or a suicide, he added.

Uhh...okay

He now has 147 exclusions. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

His reconstructions show several variations of hair and style. (I think he looks a bit like Joe Namath with the big nose.) But I think they all make him look older than 30-ish.

Namus includes the coordinates where he was found--well out in the water, but still near the shore, apparently: Google Maps.

Up to 148 exclusions - LE is doing a great job trying to ID this person. @othram highly motivated LE but maybe it's time for them to try another angle.

1667876774615.png1667876670588.jpeg
NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OC Sheriff Public Affairs, 714-904-7042
Investigators release new forensic rendering to identify 2013 John Doe
Santa Ana, Ca. (November 7, 2022): Orange County Sheriff’s investigators have released an updated forensic rendering of a 2013 John Doe in an effort to identify the man and generate new leads on his homicide case.
On Dec. 24, 2013, the decedent’s body was found by a commercial fishing vessel approximately a mile off the coast of Newport Beach. At the time, investigators estimated the man was Caucasian or possibly Latin American. However due to the condition of the body, his ethnicity could not be confirmed.
Despite their investigation and efforts to identify the man, the case went cold.
OC Sheriff homicide investigators in October 2021 revisited the case and submitted DNA collected from a bone extraction technique to develop a genetic profile on the decedent. Based on this new genetic information, investigators believe the man is primarily of Chinese descent.
Sheriff’s investigators partnered with forensic artist Carl Koppelman to develop an updated rendering based on the genetic profile.
Anyone who recognizes John Doe or may have information on his case is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at 714-647-7055 or email coldcase@ocsheriff.gov. Anonymous tips may be submitted to OC Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS (855-847-6227) or at occrimestoppers.org.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back