Public appearances and other forms of cashing in ..

Mrs G Norris

Reaction score
Since the convicted three are finding various ways to cash in on this crime post release (well mostly Damien, not so much Jessie), I thought we should have a spot to keep a record. This one is particularly B-Grade and appalling, I can't imagine even his staunchest supporters would think this is a good idea.

Tickets are GOING FAST for the very special and LIMITED signing appearance and stage performance by author, DAMIEN ECHOLS, happening SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8th at DAYS OF THE DEAD: Atlanta.

https://www.facebook.com/daysofthedead/posts/635606529811037:0

http://www.daysofthedead.net/atlanta/

They are? I hadn't heard that. Did I miss something in the linked article? I admit I could use a nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was nothing in there about them writing a book. Also that article is old because it says they live in Manhattan...they have lived in Salem for the past year.

Also I read somewhere that Damien does public apparances/tattoos to make some kind of living. I mean he's a convicted felon, he's not going to be able to get a real job.

also I think Damien's "stage performance" is a Q&A.

One thing I can understand about Echols is that he brings a lot of the hate/distaste people have for him onto himself. I'm not one of those people, necessarily; I don't consider myself a WM3 supporter nor a WM3 opponent -- but I do understand the hostility people have for him.

I know everyone is entitled to be themselves and do what they want, but with a profile like his, it wouldn't kill him to refrain from dressing like a demon on Halloween and doing "Days of the Dead" appearances -- it's counterproductive, both for him and his cause, in my view.

I guess, if it were me (thank God it isn't and I wouldn't wish that position on anybody), I would handle things a little differently than him; I'd try to have a little more tact and I'd try to relatively stay underneath the radar. This teenage-like rebellion, thumbing-my-nose-at-you schtick is far outdated by now and only perpetuates the hatred.

Since the convicted three are finding various ways to cash in on this crime post release (well mostly Damien, not so much Jessie), I thought we should have a spot to keep a record. This one is particularly B-Grade and appalling, I can't imagine even his staunchest supporters would think this is a good idea.

Tickets are GOING FAST for the very special and LIMITED signing appearance and stage performance by author, DAMIEN ECHOLS, happening SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8th at DAYS OF THE DEAD: Atlanta.

https://www.facebook.com/daysofthedead/posts/635606529811037:0

:facepalm:
You would think he'd think it isn't such a good idea...but then again.

:facepalm:
You would think he'd think it isn't such a good idea...but then again.

Not sure about that. He does tend to still embrace the image he had 20yrs before.

I suppose as an admitted murderer he may need to cash in where he can. According to the report from when he moved to Salem he maintains the image of the dark.

??? nice job bashing someone purely for what interests them. which is exactly what got him convicted in the first place. people who enjoy reading the macabre are the outsiders. where would you have him go or appear? a mega church? dancing with the stars?
like it or not, he's become a person of note, being that he very much has a story to tell, an horrific personal experience to share. what a price he has paid for such minor celebrity. i hope he can share, heal and reach out to others.

??? nice job bashing someone purely for what interests them. which is exactly what got him convicted in the first place. people who enjoy reading the macabre are the outsiders. where would you have him go or appear? a mega church? dancing with the stars?
like it or not, he's become a person of note, being that he very much has a story to tell, an horrific personal experience to share. what a price he has paid for such minor celebrity. i hope he can share, heal and reach out to others.

Echols interests aren't what got him convicted, regardless of how much he likes to insist as much out one side of his mouth. The direct and circumstantial evidence presented at trial is what got him convicted, and even Echols agreed that body of evidence is sufficient for a finding of guilt when he offered his Alford plea deal. And I'm a fan of the macabre myself, but giving a convicted child murder who can't even bring himself to be honest about where he lived at at the time of the murders a platform from which to reach out and share his lies with others is depraved, particularly in the context of a horror convention.

https://www.facebook.com/daysofthedead/posts/635606529v811037:0

Yet on Rolf Harris's thread you appear to be applauding an alleged "victim" who is selling her unproven story to anyone with a cheque book. :waitasec:

Bit of a double standard there?

I love that Echols stays true to who he is!!! As he wrote in his memoir, Damien has always loved "magick" and it absolutely jives that after being wrongfully accused, convicted, and imprisoned on death row, that he would feel at home in Salem.

Echols interests aren't what got him convicted, regardless of how much he likes to insist as much out one side of his mouth. The direct and circumstantial evidence presented at trial is what got him convicted, and even Echols agreed that body of evidence is sufficient for a finding of guilt when he offered his Alford plea deal. And I'm a fan of the macabre myself, but giving a convicted child murder who can't even bring himself to be honest about where he lived at at the time of the murders a platform from which to reach out and share his lies with others is depraved, particularly in the context of a horror convention.

please list the catalog of direct and circumstantial evidence against DE presented at his trial. with links provided please, thanks.

Yet on Rolf Harris's thread you appear to be applauding an alleged "victim" who is selling her unproven story to anyone with a cheque book. :waitasec:

Bit of a double standard there?

Hardly. We simply disagree on who is / not a victim.

Hardly. We simply disagree on who is / not a victim.

Rolf hasn't been tried yet and Echols is more or less acquitted.

Based on this evidence both are victims of any published opinion saying otherwise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back