Found Deceased NY - Paul McKay, 31, Saranac Lake, 31 Dec 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Paul McKay
g0a000000000000000053c265b30efa2fdeaf933a784f603c7c06c05954.jpg

Paul McKay is a 31 year old Australian man who has gone missing from Saranac Lake, New York. He was last seen on December 31st, 2013. McKay is a white male standing at 6' 1" and weighs 170 lbs. He has hazel eyes and brown hair.

Please contact Saranac Lake police at (518) 891-4428.

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...23782012/-/ximpckz/-/index.html?absolute=true

He's a good looking guy. Hope he's okay.

Hard to find any more info about him online.

The link above (and other news articles I found online that pretty much just say the same thing) say he was last seen at a Best Western in Saranac Lake.

I wonder who reported him missing.

He's a good looking guy.
Hope he's okay

Hard to find any more info about him online.

The link above (and other news articles I found online that pretty much just say the same thing) say he was last seen at a Best Westeen in Saranac Lake.

I wonder who reported him missing.

I had a feeling that his photo would raise an eyebrow or two from the ladies here. I hope if I ever go missing, my photo does too...yeah right. ;)

That's a good question as to who reported him missing. I'm curious as to the circumstances for him even being here in the US. Strange. If I had to guess, I think he may have had one too many drinks, went outside, and maybe exposure got to him. I hope I'm wrong though.

I had a feeling that his photo would raise an eyebrow or two from the ladies here. I hope if I ever go missing, my photo does too...yeah right. ;)

That's a good question as to who reported him missing. I'm curious as to the circumstances for him even being here in the US. Strange. If I had to guess, I think he may have had one too many drinks, went outside, and maybe exposure got to him. I hope I'm wrong though.

Aw, los2188, I'm sure your photo would get plenty of the WS ladies' attention! But even more importantly, we'd be like "find this guy! He cares so much about people he's never met!" You always find new cases to make threads for that we may otherwise not have heard about or not have heard about as soon, like Paul's case.

I really wish we knew more about Paul. Was he in the US on vacation? Was he visiting relatives or friends? Was he traveling alone?

I had a feeling that his photo would raise an eyebrow or two from the ladies here.

Hahaha, my first thought was "Wow, handsome fella!".

Aw, los2188, I'm sure your photo would get plenty of the WS ladies' attention! But even more importantly, we'd be like "find this guy! He cares so much about people he's never met!" You always find new cases to make threads for that we may otherwise not have heard about or not have heard about as soon, like Paul's case.

I totally agree.

If I had to guess, I think he may have had one too many drinks, went outside, and maybe exposure got to him. I hope I'm wrong though.

That would be my first guess as well. I hope he'll be found soon.

There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO details in MSM.

Being an Australian, I'm super surprised to have also heard DIDDLY SQUAT about Paul in our local MSM. Further, he does not appear to be listed in any Australian missing person databases.

I've tried searching FB and Twitter to see if he has an online presence, but can't seem to locate any profiles for him.

Should I see if LE is looking into getting him a NAMUS profile?

Thinking about it more, I'm just wondering who reported him missing? Was he travelling alone and failed to check out, leaving his belongings behind? Or was he travelling in a group and became separated?

Hey, los2188 - do you think you'd be able to change the title of the thread to fit FROM AUSTRALIA or AUSTRALIAN in there, please? Hopefully this will attract more Australians to the thread so we can spread the word. TIA.

Could he be here training for a winter sport? Isn't there skiing, skating, luge...all that stuff...in that area?

They look pretty similar but I don't think it's our Paul McKay. What do you guys think?

So he's from Perth. Still can't find anything else on him. I really think that linkedin is him. College years are right for his age. And look at the wide chin.

Hey, los2188 - do you think you'd be able to change the title of the thread to fit FROM AUSTRALIA or AUSTRALIAN in there, please? Hopefully this will attract more Australians to the thread so we can spread the word. TIA.

You know what, you're spot on with that. Sadly, I'm not able to change it anymore, but I know who to go to to have it changed...

Witness: Paul McKay seen walking toward Lake Placid

snipped

SARANAC LAKE - A missing Australian man who was last seen leaving a Saranac Lake hotel six days ago suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and left all his belongings to his father, village Police Chief Bruce Nason said today.

Paul McKay, 31, of Canberra, Australia, was last seen Tuesday morning walking down Lake Flower Avenue after leaving the Best Western Mountain Lake Inn, Nason said. McKay had spent one night at the hotel after flying to the U.S. from Australia and then traveling to the Adirondacks by bus.

snipped

"We're asking anybody that may have been driving on Lake Flower Avenue on the 31st between 10 and 11 in the morning, whether they were coming into town or going toward Lake Placid, that if they saw this individual to please get a hold of us," Nason said.

http://www.adirondackdailyenterpris...n-man-last-seen-in-Saranac-Lake.html?nav=5008

Let's hope he meet someone and is off having a great time.

Let's hope he meet someone and is off having a great time.

Unfortunately his e-mail to his father doesn't really point to this possibility :(
Leaving all his possessions to his dad, and giving him his information regarding his finances, leaves me with the fear of suicide.
Going on a survival trek with his backpack would still be possible, however as I've read, the weather in the USA is chilling cold. Would searches in that area even be possible now?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back