Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
thread #1 thread #2 thread #3 thread #4

Court documents:

12/20/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195182229...-20-2013-Opposition-to-Temp-Restraining-Order

http://www.scribd.com/doc/195183111/Children-s-Hospital-Okland-Physician-s-Declaration-Dec-20-2013

12/24/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195183615/Children-s-Hospital-Okland-Dec-24-2013-Opposition-to-Petition-to-Appoint-Dr-Paul-Byrne-as-an-
Independent-Expert

12/27/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195184121...13-Attorney-response-to-Esq-Dolan-family-atty

12/30/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195184920...rt-of-Appeal-Filing-by-Family-online-Document

http://www.scribd.com/doc/195185964...ec-30-2013-McMath-Civil-Rights-Lawsuit-filing

1/2/14
http://www.thaddeuspope.com/images/Mcmath_ND_Cal_Settlement_01-02-14.pdf

1/6/14
http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/HeidiFlori.pdf

list of verified professionals at websleuths:
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mod notes:
*If a statement of fact or a claim is being posted then be prepared to substantiate with a link. Post in a respectful and civil manner. Personalized posts attacking others will be removed...Moreover, please steer clear of bringing race into the discussion...

*Please stop making negative insinuations about the family... Websleuths advocates for victims and Jahi's family are victims in this tragic situation. Please try to be a little more understanding about their devastating loss and struggles in dealing with it... thanks

The namecalling ends. Now. It's clear in our rules that namecalling of players in cases, or each other, is a rules violation. If I see any more namecalling in this thread, the poster gets to be on the outside looking in.

Zero tolerance from this point forward. :saber:

Everyone is safe.

However............

I'm adding two issues that need to be addressed.

No more personalizing. Time outs for this from now on. If someone is bugging you for some reason, use the alert feature and/or put the member on your ignore list. The modsnips are many and our mods are not editors. They are moderators.

Use links to back up your facts! If you are not a verified professional in the field of the topic you are discussing, you must link!

None of this is new. If you don't understand what is going on, please contact me privately so I can help you.

January 6, 2014 at 7:29 am

California girl declared brain dead moved from hospital

Terry Collins /Associated Press

Oakland, Calif. — Acting with a court order, the family of a 13-year-old California girl declared brain dead after a tonsillectomy has had her taken from a California hospital to be cared for elsewhere, the family’s attorney says.

Jahi McMath was moved by a critical care team while attached to a ventilator but without a feeding tube, Christopher Dolan told the Associated Press.

She left from Children’s Hospital of Oakland in a private ambulance shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday, Dolan said. Her destination was not immediately disclosed.

“It was a very tense situation,” said Dolan. “Everybody played by the rules.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...-girl-declared-brain-dead-moved-from-hospital

Today is 26 days since she was declared dead on December 12th. :cry:

Dolan and the family have a huge financial incentive to keep her heart beating for as long as possible.

I wonder if they are keeping a chart and "medical records" of her care. Not that any of it could ever be introduced as a valid medical record in court.

January 6, 2014 at 7:29 am

California girl declared brain dead moved from hospital

Terry Collins /Associated Press

Oakland, Calif. — Acting with a court order, the family of a 13-year-old California girl declared brain dead after a tonsillectomy has had her taken from a California hospital to be cared for elsewhere, the family’s attorney says.

Jahi McMath was moved by a critical care team while attached to a ventilator but without a feeding tube, Christopher Dolan told the Associated Press.

She left from Children’s Hospital of Oakland in a private ambulance shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday, Dolan said. Her destination was not immediately disclosed.

“It was a very tense situation,” said Dolan. “Everybody played by the rules.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...-girl-declared-brain-dead-moved-from-hospital

Jahi went into cardiac arrest while recovering from surgery to remove her tonsils, adenoids and uvula along with bony structures from her nose and throat and palate tissue.

None of my girls had this routine surgery.

Hi! :seeya: I've been lurking and reading for a few days (scanned thread 1 and read all of 2-4) and finally registered because I wanted to comment on the remarks about CHO serving all of California and Northern Nevada - and subsequent remarks about how hated the hospital is. I'm from Reno and I know quite a few people, either personally or through friends, who have taken their kids to CHO for pediatric oncology. Given the circumstances in which the families have ended up at CHO I imagine they are stressed out and hurting in ways I can never imagine. Yet I've never heard a single bad thing about CHO. If I were ever to need such care for my own kids I wouldn't hesitate to take them to CHO.

As for this whole case... I just... :facepalm: :banghead: :scared:

I've been wondering .. Since she is considered legally deceased by the state of California does that mean those involved, like the mother, could face charges of desecration of a corpse?

Hi! :seeya: I've been lurking and reading for a few days (scanned thread 1 and read all of 2-4) and finally registered because I wanted to comment on the remarks about CHO serving all of California and Northern Nevada - and subsequent remarks about how hated the hospital is. I'm from Reno and I know quite a few people, either personally or through friends, who have taken their kids to CHO for pediatric oncology. Given the circumstances in which the families have ended up at CHO I imagine they are stressed out and hurting in ways I can never imagine. Yet I've never heard a single bad thing about CHO. If I were ever to need such care for my own kids I wouldn't hesitate to take them to CHO.

As for this whole case... I just... :facepalm: :banghead: :scared:

I've been wondering .. Since she is considered legally deceased by the state of California does that mean those involved, like the mother, could face charges of desecration of a corpse?

:greetings:

:welcome6:

I agree!

I am no expert on this, but I think it highly unlikely that the mother would be charged with such a crime.

The question of if any licensed healthcare providers can be charged for doing an invasive procedure is another issue entirely and I think this might be more credible. California does not want to acknowledge a precedent of letting people "operate" on the legally dead.

I do not twitter or tweet, but did click on the link posted for the uncle's account. His posts are disturbing, to say the least, but the most offensive and shocking thing I saw straight off was the quote at the top of his page:

"Not interested in getting my followers up, just worried about getting them Dollars UP!"

Side note: I have been a fan for a long time and finally got around to registering. Forgive me for any mistakes I may make as I get used to using this board. :seeya:

I do not twitter or tweet, but did click on the link posted for the uncle's account. His posts are disturbing, to say the least, but the most offensive and shocking think I saw straight off was the quote at the top of his page:

"Not interested in getting my followers up, just worried about getting them Dollars UP!"

Side note: I have been a fan for a long time and finally got around to registering. Forgive me for any mistakes I may make as I get used to using this board. :seeya:

:welcome:

I am no expert on this, but I think it highly unlikely that the mother would be charged with such a crime.

The question of if any licensed healthcare providers can be charged for doing an invasive procedure is another issue entirely and I think this might be more credible. California does not want to acknowledge a precedent of letting people "operate" on the legally dead.

Like others have said this whole case is setting precedents that are very scary. One would hope that CA would be fairly diligent as not to open up anymore doors than necessary with this case, and put their foot down where necessary to keep from ending up in such a pickle again. :moo:

I am so happy that she's out of CHO. Now CHO doesn't have to deal with it anymore. I donated to the hospital this morning. I have nothing but respect for the hospital and the entire staff. I could not imagine being one of the nurses having to be directly involved with this circus.

IrishMom and NevadaMom....

:welcome5:

Thanks for joining us and for your input. :seeya:

Thank God CHO no longer has to deal with this family and everything can go back to normal.

This is the absolute worst case of misinformation I've ever seen. It's maddening to see the 'lawyer' in a news conference saying now she can recover.
Recover from death? Because that's never happened.
Seeing the NB lady on the news not answering questions.

There is a whole mass of people that truly think this child was being executed by the hospital and now she can be free and on her way to healing.

I still ask over and over, is there not one person in that family that can get the mother to understand this child is gone?? She's been gone.
Is the entire family this delusional? I'm sorely disappointed in their religious counsel too.

I hope now, CHO can release the real facts of what happened and debunk some of the lies this family has been telling.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

Thank God CHO no longer has to deal with this family and everything can go back to normal.

I wondered in the back of my mind how other patients and families were dealing with this circus. Surely the staff were exhausted from it all. But I wonder if anyone will come forward and give accounts from the observer position.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

This morning, I realized my nephew went to this hospital when he was an infant for an operation needed on his cranium. He too lived in Nevada. They were wonderful and he's now in school - happy, healthy, and very energetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow